Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If queen ranks higher than princess...

Princes  Cadance

Than shouldn't Chrysalis be more powerful than Cadance, and yes I understand that she beat Celestia who should be more powerful than Cadance so I am kinda drawing a blank.

Cadance < Celestia

Celestia < Chrysalis

Cadance < Chrysalis

Cadance > Chrysalis?

• Brohoof 2

I don't think it's about power, I think the postion of their group. For example: Celestia is a princess because its a girl show. And Chrysalis is a Queen among her changelings. True Story

• Brohoof 3

Realistically, yes. But the creators of the show, and Hasbro, chose to use princess for the nice characters (protagonists) and use queen for the evil characters (antagonists)

• Brohoof 5

Stronger in term of authority or stronger in raw magic power? :huh:

Somepony's "Queen status" was only noteworthy if she was actually a queen of a strong nation. No one will pay a dime about Chrysalis if all she got as subjects are her massive amount of children

• Brohoof 3

Different monarchies represent different displays of power. Equestria has no Queen and therefore the Princesses are the highest power in their land. The Changelings have a Queen and she is the highest power in her land.

Although, saying that a Queen is more powerful then a Princess due to title is a tad off. Would that classify the Queen of England as a higher source of battle power then Prince William? Title does not specify power, it specifies rank of political/royal standing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Going by Disney logic, all princesses must be good and all queens must be evil |'3

Also, I don't see Chrysalis as more powerful than Celestia. She beat her because of the insane power she received from Cadence and S.A's love, but she herself is an unknown in terms of power. But since she was surprised that she beat Celestia, imma say without an insane power boost given to her by the love of a to-be married couple, Celestia could kick her ass, if not simply rival her in power.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 2

Realistically, yes. But the creators of the show, and Hasbro, chose to use princess for the nice characters (protagonists) and use queen for the evil characters (antagonists)

Sounds like Disney :P

anyone?

~

Lauren wanted to define Celestia as Queen, from what i have heard.

Hasbro preferred she was defined as a Princess.

Crysalis was souped-up on Shining armor's love for Cadence, if she hadn't been, Celestia would have won easily.

Royal titles are just that: Titles.

• Brohoof 2

That guy above you: Discord ;)

his post: Posted Today, 12:00 PM

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~, 56 minutes ago.

= 12:11 pm

my post : Posted Today, 12:03 PM

his post: Posted Today, 12:00 PM

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~, 56 minutes ago.

= 12:11 pm

my post : Posted Today, 12:03 PM

My edit was to edit spelling errors in the second section, not the first part in which contained my Disney statement :P

My edit was to edit spelling errors in the second section, not the first part in which contained my Disney statement :P

Mine was a reply, ~

couldn't have seen your post yet

I know =p I'm just saying, the edit had nothing to do with me seeing your statement about Disney, it was an interesting coincidence~

wasn't Chrysalis feeding of Armor's love, therefor drawing energy from him? that would mean she would be having the power of 2 ponies condensed into her body. in fact, she even said that by feeding of Armor's love she was greater than Celestia in terms of power, so she could best her down.

and it wasn't just Cadance that defeated Chrysalis. it was both Princess Cadance AND Shining Armor who did it. they combined their powers, their love towards each other, and expelled Chrysalis and her minions out of Canterlot. and since Chrysalis at that point no longer had armor under her control, she no longer had her love to feed off from, thus not having the power of 2 ponies in 1, and only being 1 pony against 2 others.

the power of Chrysalis originally is debatable. she and her race are parasites that need to feed off of other ponies love in order to survive. without said love they would probably be rather weak, but since she had Armor's love to feed off, and her minions feeding off everyone else's, of course she would appear to be much stronger than Celestia in that case. had she not had Armor's love i can guarantee that Celestia would be able to best Chrysalis down very easily, like how Cadence and Armor was able to expel she and her minions out of Canterlot.

rankings of where Chrysalis comes from can vary vastly from what is normally seen in Equestria, too. keep in mind that she was the Queen of the Changelings, so she was, in other words, the mother of the changelings. you could compare her status to that of the queen bee in a beehive: she produces the changelings, and the changelings bring food, aka love, so the changeling race can continue to breed. so her being a Queen is more of a biological status, in that sense, whereas Celestia's and the other princesses are a regal title of theirs.

or you can disregard the queen vs princess titles and just use DIsney-logic in here. that works, too. :P

• Brohoof 1

Queen, Princess, Prince, King, etc. They are all just titles and hold no significance to physical power. The only power the titles hold are political.

Queen For A Neigh

As others have pointed out, Celestia was supposed to be a queen. It's mentioned, with source, on Princess Celestia's Friendship is Magic wiki page:

Princess Celestia's name comes from the word "celestial," derived from Latin "caelum," meaning "sky" or "heaven". Lauren Faust has made several comments regarding the show on her deviantArt comments section, and they sometimes pertain to Princess Celestia. She was originally supposed to be Queen Celestia, the highest authority, with no parents who outrank her. Her status was changed to "princess" at Hasbro's request.

So I suppose we could rank them as...

Hasbro > Lauren Faust (God-Empress of Equestria) > Queen Princess Celestia

Although some of us (myself included) think Faust > Hasbro, and that despite her title, Princess Celestia still ranks as Queen Celestia, along with Queen Luna, Disney canon be damned.

Well, you see that celestia covers equestria. (Which is pretty much everything) but beyond there is most likely a lord/queen that oversees all. Maybe a bigger troll then all.

(edited)

Here:

Celestia > Chrysalis

Chrysalis > Cadence

Chrysalis + Cadence > Celestia

Cadence + Shining Armor > Celestia

Cedence + Shining Armor > Chrysalis

Edited by Eenohay
  • Brohoof 1