If queen ranks higher than princess...

Princes  Cadance

• 1 month later...

Well it was the combined powers of shining armor and cadance that defeated her I believe. Sorta like how on team fortress 2, a level 3 dispenser is not as good as 2 level 1 dispensers

To quote myself from a long time ago, in a completely different but relevant topic:

A few things I'd like to say:

First, Armor's talent is protective magic, as we've seen. He was maintaining a huge forcefield around the entire city. It was powerful enough to keep out the changelings, which you must remember only broke the shield AFTER chrysalis had been weakening him. He is clearly extremely powerful in this regard. Now, we've seen Twi cast forcefields, but we've never really seen anything test their strength. None of them have been as large as Armor's though, and she specifically said that he was the only one capable of using the spell. This makes sense because, after all, that IS his special talent, and being Twi's brother, it wouldn't be surprising if he was also quite magically powerful.

Second, about Chrysalis overpowering Celestia and Cadence+Armor overpowering Chrysalis; Chrysalis and Cadence both have love-based powers. Love is an emotion, and emotion has no real limits (in other words, there is no limit to how intense an emotion can be). Therefore, both Chrysalis and Cadence have potentially limitless power; Cadence and Armor clearly love each other very much, and when Chrysalis fed off of Armor's love, her power increased proportionally.

If you are familiar with the Marvel universe, it's kinda like the Hulk; his strength is based on his emotional state (primarily anger), and has limitless potential. There's no hard limit to how pissed off one can be, so Hulk doesn't have an upper limit to his strength.

Therefore, Chrysalis and Cadence can't really be used to judge power levels, since their power varies and is potentially infinite.

The reason that Chrysalis was defeated by love is, IMO, because it wasn't actually love; it was Armor's shield spell being boosted by Cadence's immense love-based power. Also, if you remember, Cadence snapped Armor out of his trance before this happened, which I'm guessing cut off Chrysalis's parasitic link to him, greatly weakening her.

Also, I think that Twi's talent being magic automatically makes her potentially the strongest living Unicorn (can't really judge past unicorns, such as Starswirl). She may not have the experience and/or training to use her full power, but we've seen glimpses of it.

However, I don't think she is as powerful as an Alicorn, or at least, Celestia. She wasn't as powerful as NMM, but as Klopp said, she has grown stronger since then. We don't have many details, but I think it's safe to assume that NMM was AT LEAST as powerful as Celestia, since she had to use the Elements to defeat her.

We should also take into account how Celestia was able to reverse Twi's want-it-need-it spell in an instant, so I think it's also safe to assume that Celestia is much stronger than current Twi.

As for the Elements, they have been stated to be the most powerful magic known to ponykind. It is implied they would've defeated the changelings, and I'm sure they would've, but we didn't actually see this.

So, to me at least, the standings are something like:

Armor < Twi < Luna < Celestia < NMM < Chrysalis = Cadence <= Anybody with Elements < Cadence's potential = Chrysalis's potential

Anyway, titles and political ranks have little to do with magical or physical power. It's not surprising that the people in charge have high power levels, but they didn't get that from their title.

• Brohoof 3

It's not surprising that the people in charge have high power levels, but they didn't get that from their title.

Vegeta: "I whole heartedly-agree!"

Posted Image

That Which Conquers All

Anyway, titles and political ranks have little to do with magical or physical power. It's not surprising that the people in charge have high power levels, but they didn't get that from their title.

Indeed. If that were the case, then Prince Blueblood, being a prince, would be at least in the same league as the regal sisters, and that is clearly not his station.

Celestia and Luna are alicorns each with power enough to control the sun and moon. They have a primordial, elemental nature that is unique to them and not seen in any other creature. That the Elements of Harmony, the most powerful magic known to ponydom, were needed to defeat Nightmare Moon (twice!) attests to the inherent strength of alicorns.

Ranking relative magical power can be somewhat nebulous, however, because many factors are involved, some of which may be unknown or unpredictable, that can significantly affect outcomes. Celestia has said, for example, that she and Luna are no longer connected to the elements. The implication being that neither of them, despite their great native abilities, was as powerful because of that.

Being themselves connected to the Elements of Harmony, Twilight and her friends are arguably the most powerful wielders of magic in Equestria, yet it is only when they are closely united in harmony as friends with a single purpose that this is so. Discord knew this and exploited it to the potential ruin of all, but underestimated Celestia's cleverness to his own defeat.

While Celestia, Luna and Twilight are all powerful magic users on their own, the fact that "normal" ponies like the rest of the Mane Six are needed to power the Elements makes an important statement: the Magic of Friendship is a power unto itself, one available to anyone willing to share it with others.

Ultimately, despite their importance as physical items, I suspect it will emerge that the Elements of Harmony are really nothing more than jewelry, a prop to boost confidence and help friends focus their will upon a common goal. Twilight said nearly as much when she described the Element of Magic as "the spark which resides in the heart of us all". It's something everyone has, not just a chosen few.

And so it is with Love.

Cadance, the only other alicorn so far revealed,* does not possess the stature of Celestia or Luna, but her power as the Princess of Love is elemental in its own way. Alone, neither Cadance nor Shining Armor was capable of stopping Queen Chrysalis and the Changelings. But when their power was combined, they defeated them effortlessly. Unsurprisingly for a world in which friendship is literally magic, the metaphor was plain as day.

In the magical land of Equestria, when two ponies truly love each other, nothing is impossible for them.

Though Shining Armor and Cadance both have magical powers, it's clear that the greatest of their powers is Love itself. With it, nothing can stand against them, and just as with the Magic of Friendship, the Magic of Love is a power anyone can invoke, and a power that can change the world.

Titles of royalty and even strong magical powers are subordinate to and ultimately meaningless when compared to the unlimited power of Friendship and Love, and they are powers that can be wielded by anyone who embraces them.

Perhaps a bit cheesy, but even in the Real World, not so far from the truth.

* Cadance has also been described as a "pegasus unicorn" rather than a true alicorn, but the fact that she has a long horn, uses the same character model as Luna and walks with the same high-stepping gait as Luna suggests she is, in fact, like them, though presumably much younger and not yet grown into her true potential. But with Love shown as being a power like no other, it is no great stretch to imagine her being as powerful as Celestia and Luna someday, bringing Love to the world as Celestia brings the Sun to the day, and Luna the Moon to the night.

• Brohoof 1

The Queen fed off of Love, making her more powerful than Celestia due to the two's powerful love.

Though, Cadance defeated Queen because well, that's where the Queen got her power? So you could say that the Queen channeled less love than Cadence had naturally. Since the Queen no longer had Shining Armor, her power may have slowly been lower. Cadance had been the origin of love- and she also used "love magic".

Cadance had insane power over the queen, well, being trapped for so long and thinking about S.A., he love- Luna: Haha! The love has besn doubled!"

So Cadance channeled love longer. This overpowered Queen's artificial power.

This could also imply that Cadance is more powerful than Celestia? Wrong. Naturally, Cadance can't overthrow Celestia unless powered by love. Seeing how Queen was defeated easily, and how Celestia barely lost, then if Celestia went Tyrant, then Cadance and her love for S.A. would begin to grow, eventually making it so Cadance could defeat her with ease.

Love, as you saw on Hearts and Hoofs Day, could not be forced to work. The potion could be like a potion that gives an overload of magic. But Magic can be forced.

Meaning love is a force that is powered by reason.

Or maybe Celestia could have won, but had a reason to give the Queen the win?

Honestly, this was one of the most confusing episodes for me and I should stop talking jibberish ok bye guys.

Here:

Celestia > Chrysalis

Chrysalis > Cadence

Chrysalis + Cadence > Celestia

Cadence + Shining Armor > Celestia

Cedence + Shining Armor > Chrysalis

?

(edited)

Rather than post a long drawn out message about my views on it, I'll let this video speak for itself. It's not from a FiM review, but if it were, I'm pretty sure his reaction to Celestia would be something like this.

Tags for swearing, of course.

Edited by SBaby

Sounds like Disney :P

anyone?

~

Haha, just what I thought. Seriously, this is very common in Disney movies :o

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...