Could My Little Pony move to Netflix in the future?

SaburoDaimando

Streaming is indeed the future. All shows across the board are getting lower ratings, and the Nielsen system is no longer an accurate estimate. Deals w/ Amazon Prime, Hulu & Netflix are a smart investment. But I doubt it'll be an exclusive. Cause Hasbro needs that ad revenue. 

What Hasbro should've done long ago, and it may still work out for them, is syndication. Get MLP reruns on multiple networks. That probably was the plan during S3. Why it was only 13 episodes. All combined would make 65, the number on average for shows to begin syndication on other networks. But obviously those deals fell through. Maybe they'll do better? I mean, shows like Star Trek and the Gundam franchise received huge boosts in popularity thanks to syndication. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

If they could have each new episode come out on Saturday on Netflix, then I would 100% be for the move.  I'm assuming bronies are more likely to watch the show on YouTube or Dailymotion, etc.  If they moved the show to Netflix I think the ratings for the show would go up a lot more since it would be more accurate.

• Brohoof 1

I think that would be great honestly. Beyond MLP Discovery Family is honestly not that great of a channel... and most hardcore fans stream the show through other means anyway, so I'd be for it.

*Cough Guardians of Harmony *cough

It's not even confirmed, that it's going to be a show.

It's not an argument.

Besides, let us not derail this thread into an off-topic discussion.