Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Looking for paricipants to plan out an RP (Act/Adv/Sol, take your pick)

Raven Rawne

Hey there! As the title suggests, I'm looking for volounteers to cook up an RP with. Personally, I'm interested mostly in Action/Adventure with SoL elements, but I gues we can talk it out on which parts we'll put emphasis. If the other parties feel so inclined, romance may be included (just don't expect a Nobel Prize love story from me, okay? :please: ). Other than that, I'd like to roll out with Crystal Clear, since she hasn't had her own RP yet. We can place the RP in the Crystal Empire or any of the major Equestrian settlements, since her backstory allows travel.

As far as the RP seting is concerned, I'd much prefer it to be placed in a close to canon Equestria, and feral (i.e. ponies look like in the show, not anthro). 1x1 or more participants. I'm open to almost any ideas that could make a good story, or we can take my crude idea and work from there - I call this scenario "Out of booze" (It's a working title...). Basically a famous crystal berry brandy maker suddenly stops delivering their products on the market and goes silent. Their facility is located in a secluded area of the Crystal Mountains, so it's anypony's guess what happened, but some... "avid and concerned customers" are willing to make a trip and see for themselves. Some may just want to buy some more booze before the tap runs dry, some want to discover the recipie... everypony has their own motives and they just meet on the road and decide to travel together, because of the safety in numbers. At least until their agendas start clashing.

Soooooo, anypony game?

This sounds like some fun and a good first running of my OC/Persona pony.

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/nightmare-season-r9756

I usually RP just going as it forms. So I am good with any which way you can throw at me. If it is a really fun RP session I add it to the background of my characters. Heading off to work now for 8 hours but then I am off for 2 days.

Hmm, yes... I think I could come up with something for this duo.

Since your character is rather unusual, Crystal would probably avoid him, but a random encounter in a cave she was exploring on one of her "adventures" would force her to interact with Nightmare rather than make herself scarce as soon as she saw him. Since randomly meeting a huge pony with fire for mane and tail would, well, scare her beyond belief, I guess Nightmare would need to be proactive to calm her down and start a conversation. After that, things should go smoothly in whichever direction we'd choose it to go. If we choose this way to start the RP, they could hang out for the whole day before she had to return home, possibly inviting him if they got along well enough.

So that's my idea how to kick things off, basically. I guess things would go Slice of Life for a bit and if we decided to spice it up a bit, some Adventure could be added on the go. Now the important question is: would you be interested? Perhaps you have some other ideas how we could plan this RP?

The cave idea is a good one. Maybe a cave in the everfree where she gets lost in on one of her adventures. Her light goes out and she follows a dim light to him where he helps her find her way out?

Will be able to post more when I get off work in 6 hours

Everfree? That's kinda far from any place she could reasonably find herself... She's poking around the Crystal Empire on weekends., and caves are square in her interests. Well, partially, since she has some other agenda that draws her to holes in the ground around her hometown, but still.

The fading light is a good one, since she's using a fluorescent crystal as a lantern. It's the same type as those on street lamps in the Empire in fact. If the cavern was deep enough she might stay in the dark for too long and it would shine out.

I'll try to come up with a reason for her to show up in Everfree but no promises okay? I gotta make it at least somewhat believable.

Nightmare Pony will travel. Or we can say it is a massive system that has a connection at both ends. I know there is a cave system that expanded between Arizona and Carlsbad Caverns New Mexico. But that one is also pushing it. So I can just have him up North. Also on may weekend starting now.

I do understand her fear if she saw Nightmare anywhere else....-CRYYYYSTALSS- :sunshower:

Edited by Nightmare Season

Sounds like "Have gun - will travel" haha. Yeah, telling there's a cave system under half of Equestria is a liiiittle bit hard to believe... even if actually it was made by a burrowing animal moving between natural caves. 

...Actually, you could use it as an excuse to move so far north. If Nightmare got curious enough, I guess he could end up walking the tunnels for miles, am I right?

Yep, once she sees him her first thought will be that Umbrums found a way out of their prison underneath the Empire. That, and she's about to die. Fortunately, introverts tend to freeze in place rather than act immediately and run for it, so Nightmare will have an opportunity to introduce himself without running all over the place ;)

Oh and about other important details - do you want any deviations from canon Equestria? Different tech level,  for example?  Also, I figured we could start within the range of the Crystal Heart's magic, meaning it's nice and warm within like, ten mile radius from the Palace. 

Also keep in mind that I'm about 6-8 hours ahead. For example, it's  5.30 AM in here.

I will play it off as there was a rumor he heard at a distant of a cavern filled with crystals and gems that sparkles in the light. This would give him the reason to go and view such a sight.

As for as setting. I am up for close to canon as possible. And the 10 mile radius sounds good.

looks like you are 8 hours ahead. So that means I will be wakeing up around your 2 pm time.

Edited by Nightmare Season

Good plan, and blends nicely with my OC'S own motivations. One reason why Crystal explores caves is to harvest crystals and other ingredients if she wants to save bits. Since the surrounding areas are barely explored, she has to look for stuff on her own, keeping notes on her findings. So this will be her very first exploration of this particular cave, and she goes too deep down. Realising her mistake,  she will rush to the surface as the light fades...

Alright, canon Equestria it is! Honestly, I like canon world stories the most.

Hmm, so the RP could begin on Saturday, roughly around noon, 8 miles East off the Crystal Kingdom. In an extensive cavern system filled with multicoloured crystals and gemstones protruding from the very walls. Sounds alright? Or would you like it different?

Oh, and we need a name for our epic tale! I'll try to figure out something nice along the lines of fires and crystals.