Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alcohol discussion: pick your poison

Gummy

Carlton Dry's my drink of choice, I like my drinks bitter. Either that or I brew my own.

If i'm not drinking beer, i'll probably be downing Jim Bean / JD and coke instead,

20 here and i'm also not much of a drinker. Mixed drinks and white wine/champagne are what i prefer whenever i drink alcholic drinks. =)

I just don't like beer. >_> (i have a sugar addiction x) )

Edited by Jonke

All you ponies need to try my concoction. Dead Nazi.

Two shots of Jagermister, two shots of Rumple Mintz, in a whiskey glass.

Slam it all at once.

Tastes like an Andes Mint. Fucks you up.

All you ponies need to try my concoction. Dead Nazi.

Two shots of Jagermister, two shots of Rumple Mintz, in a whiskey glass.

Slam it all at once.

Tastes like an Andes Mint. Fucks you up.

Fucks you up.

Well that settles it, I'm hitting Dead Nazi's tomorrow.

And the day soda manages to fuck me up, will be the day that I start drinking more soda.

Well that settles it, I'm hitting Dead Nazi's tomorrow.

And the day soda manages to fuck me up, will be the day that I start drinking more soda.

I'll be glad when you hit up Madison's finest.

Ugh, can't stand Corona. I tried it once and I can't describe how nasty it was. My beer of choice is Yuengling. I used to drink Bud Light all the time but when I tried Yuengling I changed my preference.

Random fact: It's also Barack Obama's favourite beer.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried beer a few times, but I've never liked it.

Nearly all wine/champagne I don't really care for either. The only alcoholic drink I really enjoy having is Sangria, but even then I very rarely consume it - usually once every July when I'm on holidays in Vancouver.

I sure miss cream soda and vanilla Coke, however. :(

I used to drink Vodka in Screwdrivers and Bloody Mary's but I was starting to have just a tiny little problem with it. Friends were kind enough to fill me in on just how stupid I'd act if a had a little too much. Thank God I never did anything really bad like go home with a stranger or try to drive myself around in that condition! I haven't had anything for over three years now.

I even managed to kick the caffeine habit!

^_^

• 8 months later...

my boyfriend and i recently created a drink we call a "backyard ruekert" (cuz we drink it in our backyard and thats the name of the road our backyard faces lol)

- in the bottom of your glass, muddle sugar, lemon juice, and freshly picked mint for your backyard

- add 1/3 bourbon (we like pikesville because it's local)

- add 1/3 tart lemonade (we like lakewood's lemonade because it's really tart and not too sweet)

- add 1/3 ice, and continue to add more ice as needed throughout drinking process.

- sit in backyard, and enjoy :)

as far as other drinks, i preffer beer or gin (favorite at the moment is new amsterdam's). i like sweeter crisper lighter beers, altho on occasion get a taste for something hoppy. right not im diggin' magic hat's elder betty & allagash's white ale .

My favourites (as I've mentioned before on related topics) are sherry and red wine; some relatively dry ones are the best. If I sometimes have a beer it's porter or pils or just the cheap Carlsberg.

If I'm feeling wild I'll have some bitter (e.g. Campari). I'm starting to like the taste!

Kopparberg is one of my favorite alcoholic drinks but lately ive been drinking more Chinese Lucky beer.

ive never heard of Chinese lucky beer? can you send a link or something for me to see it? what does it taste like?

Beer?....Beer?! BEEER?!?! UGH! lol

Screw that, I hate beer! Love scotch (as long as it is not cheap...). I do enjoy Absinthe as well, particularly if it is from The Czech Republic as it should be... I am generally a spirit drinker if I do drink, but it cant be cheap... and usually has to be "on the rocks". Unless its Gin, I will drink that with Tonic or cranberry juice.. otherwise just with ice.

@TheFabulousPony - my bf loves scotch. i dont get it lol, but he's into it. likes the peaty stuff more i guess, but idk really, as i dont drink it. gin=delicious. goes with tonic/club soda, sprite/sodas, juice (cranberry=yum!), or just over ice. and whatever you mix it with completely changes the taste of the liquor. great for parties, b/c everyone has different flavors they like.

You have inspired me to tell the tale of my drinking over the years, so here goes.

The first time I got drunk was around age 13. My grandmother has in her den a big globe that opens up with glasses and some liquor in it. There was a bottle of Grand Marnier (flavored brandy) in there and I decided to drink it. I got pretty drunk, passed out and then woke up with a headache. It was lame because i had no one to talk to and alcohol (and even weed) makes me jabber, and pontificate on certain subjects. After that, I went many years without getting drunk from the fear of getting caught. I was finally 19 when some friends and I decided to get some beer (Keystone Light, dont judge me, we was broke niggas). It only took me a few to get drunk but I hated beer for one reason. Since I wasn't used to the fullness of beer, I would get really full right away after a couple of beers. I knew I had to take care of this problem, and that is how I discovered liquor.

Liquor taste like gasoline. But I figured out that one shot of 40% alcohol was about the equivalent of one beer. We all started doing vodka because it was cheap, and then rum a couple of times. Whiskey and scotch were absolutely horrible to me so I didn't touch that shit. I should also note that I never did mixed drinks. I am not a fan of them and I was broke and didn't want to buy extra crap to mix it with. Then someone showed me Jagermeister. Jag is death in a bottle, and even when drinking it with the redbull, it still taste like shit. And I always had a suspicion that energy drinks and alcohol should never ever mix. But the liquor that took my heart away was good old Tequila!!!

I loved Tequila, the taste (which is still awful), the smell, the look. It was marvelous. But soon after that, the liquor was starting to get to me. I always puked, and the next morning involved me in the john for way too long. So then I picked up beer again, and forced myself to be able to hold them in. We still stuck with Keystone because we were broke, and couldn't browse a store to see what we wanted.

Eventually I stopped drinking so much because I was getting anxiety attacks. It got to a point where every night I drank, I cried myself to sleep.

In comes my 21st birthday!!!

Now I can buy what I want. I soon realize that I am acquiring a better pallet for beer. And every time I got beer, I would buy something different and eventually found my calling. I am more into the ales. Pale ales, Belgian wheat ales, seasonal ales, and I also enjoy ambers. The dark crap like stouts and porters I'm trying to get into, but most of them look at taste like brackish water. But the number one beer that took my breath away was none other than the India Pale Ale.

IPA's are amazing, bitter, spicy and usually have more alcohol content. There is no particular brand I prefer, and depending where I am, I buy from local breweries.

So there you have it. My drinking history and my favorite poison.

OH SNAP! How could I forget about wine?

I only drink wine by its self. And it has to be red, preferably Cabernet Sauvignon. I do enjoy Malbecs, Merlot, Pinot Noir, and Chiantis.

But a wine drunk is a special kind of drunk that needs to be by its self. If you mix other alcohol with it (which is never a good idea to mix anyway) you will ruin the awesomeness that is wine drunk! :o

• Brohoof 1

Beer: I like the heavy dark stuff... Guinness and such...but I rarely drink beer

Wine: Rieslings and Moscatos are good for whites...then Malbec or a Cab for red...there are a few brands I like but mostly I go to our local wine seller, get some good cheese and then have him help me pair it

Liquor: Scotch...single malt usually. Glenfiddick 30...got the chance to sample that...was amazing

Cocktail: Everlasting Zombie if I am looking to get blitzed...which I never do anymore...Seven and Seven is great as well