Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open House of enchanted comics, grand Reopening

Marciblook

A sign sits outside the door of a strange store that reads- "Welcome to all! To a world of Imagination and splendor! To a world of journeys and tales. 'All comics 50% off listed price'" The door outside is closed, but has a sign hanging on it saying "open" And a sign above the door that reads "House of enchanted comics" it seems like a strange store to be in canterlot, it's no wonder there seems to be little business. Maybe a new guest can change the shops fate.

(Please sign in, if you would so kindly https://mlpforums.com/topic/99327-the-house-of-enchanted-comics-sign-upooc/?p=2671832)

Edited by Marciblook
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Brass Brush approached the shop with Spartella, in her child form, following close behind. "Hey gramps," Spartella jokingly said toward her travel partner, "what's a 'comic' book?". "Yeah, try calling me 'gramps' again and see what happens" He said in response, "To answer your question, no idea". Spartella responded snarkily "just our luck being a couple of barbarians in this modern world". Brass raised an eye brow at her remark, then let a sigh "well, it's not like we have anything better to do". Brass seized the handle of the door, allowing Spartella first entry into the strange establishment before he followed her in.

Many bookshelves lie inside, all different shapes and sizes. Some zig zagged all the way up to the ceiling, some spiraled. Large stacks of comics were strewn across the floor, some magically floated onto shelves, sorting themselves. All the while a pony with his hooves up on the counter, and a comic on his face sat behind the counter, unaware of the new customers.

• Brohoof 1

Brass approached the pony at the counter, while Spartella eyeballed the covers of the comics, wondering about the contents inside. "Excuse me sir," said Brass "forgive my ignorance, but my associate and I are unfamiliar, yet curious about these colorful-looking books of yours"

A short snort comes from underneath the comic, his hoof falls to his side, hanging loosely. His head shifts to the side as well, causing the comic to fall of his face, revealing he's asleep. A small stran of drool starts forming in the corner of his mouth

• Brohoof 1

Brass stared at the pony behind the counter, eyes wide open, right eye brow raised. Spartella turned towards the pony when she heard the snoring. She approached the counter then said to Brass "don't worry, I've got this". She held her hoof up to her mouth and delivered a loud, sharp whistle.

The pony is startled, and he rolls off his chair, landing behind the counter. After a second, a door behind the counter opens and the same pony walks through. "Oh! Welcome! Welcome! Do you have any questions?" The pony smiles and approaches the counter to greet the two.

• Brohoof 1

Spartella, serving her deed, crossed her front legs, looking cheeky as ever.

Brass says to the pony "Erm, yes, my associate and I are unfamiliar with this particular medium of literature that you specialize in. Is there any chance you could give a couple of foreigners like us a proper introduction?"

(Sorry it took so long)

The pony behind the counter puts a hoof to his chin. "Hm...well, it's difficult to explain what they are exactly...they're like...picture books... You know, what, let me show you, but...you need to be prepared." The pony seems to go down some stairs behind the counter, then appearing from behind a bookshelf in the distance. He seems to be saying something along the lines of "Hm...the one...where...?" Before walking behind another bookshelf disappearing again, now behind the two still looking "Where is the darn thing...wait, I'm in the wrong section" he continues like this for a while, trying to figure out where a certain one is. He finally walks back through the door, now back behind the counter. "Here it is!" He lays the comic on the counter "Now, um...one more thing" he reaches under the counter and grabs a consent form "These comics can be dangerous...it's only a formality, especially since you have a child. This one is isn't horribly dangerous, but you can never be too safe." He hands you a pen to sign with

• Brohoof 1

Brass looks at the pony funny, but ultimately agrees to sign the paper. "I am no child" corrected Spartella, "I'm actually much older than you are". "Let's not make this more inconvenient than it already is, Spar." replied Brass as he signed. "Very well," Spartella began to get snarky "I'll cooperate THIS time, lest my curiosity haunt my sleep". If there was anything Spartella liked to do, it was to mildly embarrass Brass. "Oh brother" responded Brass as he handed over the signed paper.

"Alright, just one moment..." He goes back down the stairs behind counter and comes back up. "Ok, now, don't be alarmed, just stay calm." He opens the comic. "Stare into the comic, and your adventure will begin. And don't worry, I'll make sure you don't get stuck." He says with a smile

Edited by Marciblook
  • Brohoof 1

Brass stared at the pony with a raised eye brow for a moment. He turned away from him to begin reading. Spartella trotted up to Brass' side to join him. "Curious," Spartella said "where I'm from, stories were told with either images or text, not both". Brass commented "these caricatures seem charmingly stylistic"