Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art More Star Butterfly practice junk

LiraCrown

Moving of of clothing stuff for a bit and putting some practice on a sketching method I played with before but havn't used in a while. But again, ended up being a multi purpose study.

shooting_star___rough_by_liracrown-darkj

shooting_star___colored_rough_by_liracro

I considered cleaning it up further, but I never planed to make it a finished piece (never planned to color it for that matter). But I got the practice I wanted and some extra practice too. I really like how the details and on the bow came out, especially the bottom bit. Also, thats gotta be the best ear I've ever done, AND I'm quite pleased with the folding on the shirt (clothing practice paying off I guess), skirt could use some work though. 

Also, both the hands are screwy. The fount on I got looking alright, just never bothered to fix the alignment of the thumb, back one never got any detailing and pretty much looks the same as when I first sketched it.

• Brohoof 5

Never watched this show but that's a badass pose you chose for Star. Great work.

It was a bit of a pain perspective wise, so thanks.

disclaimer, shes yet to use a bow, I just made that bit up cause I wanted to.

• Brohoof 1

It was a bit of a pain perspective wise, so thanks.

disclaimer, shes yet to use a bow, I just made that bit up cause I wanted to.

That's actually why I like the pose so much is that it's a rarely done view of an archer, at least in most artwork. I know hands are difficult to draw from certain perspectives, but it turned out pretty good.

• Brohoof 1

That's actually why I like the pose so much is that it's a rarely done view of an archer, at least in most artwork. I know hands are difficult to draw from certain perspectives, but it turned out pretty good.

I wanted to draw a character in this pose some time back, I started it and it was just going really poorly.

I guess I have a better general understanding now. It was Merida from Brave. That image never even

had the luxury of being saved at all.

• Brohoof 1

Haha, I uh.. Oh! whats that distraction over there!?

There are different types of bows but yours is an english long bow i think and it must hold like this.Thumb is next to the arrow :)

Shoot-a-Bow-Accurately-Step-4.jpg

There are different types of bows but yours is an english long bow i think and it must hold like this.Thumb is next to the arrow :)

I know some about bows as well. I based the holding style off the recurve I have, where the arrow sort of crosses over. Which puts the arrow sort of opposite the thumb

Kind of like this:

aid2417907-728px-Shoot-a-Recurve-Bow-Ste

I THINK English bows you do the same thing, I might be wrong though. I know there are middle eastern bow styles (I think some Asian ones too) that have the arrow on the outside like your talking about. I'm by no means an expert or anything though, it's jsut something I was looking up a few years ago while I was shooting.

• Brohoof 1

I know some about bows as well. I based the holding style off the recurve I have, where the arrow sort of crosses over. Which puts the arrow sort of opposite the thumb

Kind of like this:

sig-4765748.aid2417907-728px-Shoot-a-Rec

I THINK English bows you do the same thing, I might be wrong though. I know there are middle eastern bow styles (I think some Asian ones too) that have the arrow on the outside like your talking about. I'm by no means an expert or anything though, it's jsut something I was looking up a few years ago while I was shooting.

Then you set up the arrow reverse  :P

• Brohoof 1

Then you set up the arrow reverse  :P

I think were both getting ourselves confused by my janky hands and perspective problems XD

I never really fixed the alignment and perspective on that leading hand, I think thats whats causing the confusion.

• Brohoof 1