Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

ANIME THREAD I HAVE FOUND YOU

Is it just me or do many animes have the characters that make some weird moaning sound when they show certain emotions. Like when a character makes a "huh" or "uh" gesture, it seems to me that its always accompanied with some little moan sound, that in my opinion sounds very disturbing.

(.__.)

I personally like Soul Eater, Ghost in the Shell, xxx Holic, Angel Beats, Gurren Lagann, Midori No Hibi, HSoTD, Rurouni Kenshin, etc.

Yeah, it was getting kinda long so i'm a cut it off there.

• Brohoof 1

ANIME THREAD I HAVE FOUND YOU

Is it just me or do many animes have the characters that make some weird moaning sound when they show certain emotions. Like when a character makes a "huh" or "uh" gesture, it seems to me that its always accompanied with some little moan sound, that in my opinion sounds very disturbing.

(.__.)

That they do good sir, that they do.

• Brohoof 1

I used to be a big anime fan, but my fandom for it has died down a bit. Though I will list off what I've watched and-or read:

Tokyo Mew Mew, +Anima, Once Peice, Air Gear, Hetalia, Pokemon (Season 1 all the way!), Kingdom Hearts (when it was made into a manga), //.Hack Legend of the Twilight, Hibiki's Magic, Yotsuba&!, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Durarara (still currently trying to get into it), One Peice, Naruto, Tales of Symphonia (the video game), Death Note, Deadman Wonderland, Yumeiro Patissiere, Princess Tutu, Junjou Romantica, Sekaii-Ichi Hatsukoi, Kuroshitsuji, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Black Rock Star Shooter, "Welcome to the Space Show!" (that's a really good sci-fyi esque movie), and all the Hayai Miyazaki movies

And that's all I can think of that I've seen. I may have seen more but I don't know. Granted, that's a lot, but if you want to look up any of them, be my guest. The more good animes you know the better. :)

I'm not a huge fan, but I do enjoy anime sometimes. My favorite would be Mushi-Shi, with Black Butler at a close second. Inu-Yasha was OK, but nothing special in my opinion. I didn't like Death Note very much. The main character just seemed like a colossal idiot.

I'm not a huge fan, but I do enjoy anime sometimes. My favorite would be Mushi-Shi, with Black Butler at a close second. Inu-Yasha was OK, but nothing special in my opinion. I didn't like Death Note very much. The main character just seemed like a colossal idiot.

If Light was anything, it wasn't an idiot. Power drunk, maybe, but he was the farthest thing from an idiot. He was smart enough to outrun the police force meant to take him down by working with them...for five years. Not once did they catch him. I haven't finished the manga but I do know how it ends.

I used to watch DBZ, but now i watch Naruto and Soul Eater. I just wish they came out with a second season for SE. :(

Soul Eater anime ending wasn't too good... I heard the manga was better but I haven't gotten into it

Soul Eater anime ending wasn't too good... I heard the manga was better but I haven't gotten into it

Same,i almost did, but for some reason did not do it. xD

As for the ending, i thought it was okay, but it could of been better.

I suppose I am a fan. I enjoy slice of life stuff like K-ON and also more action-oriented shows like Black Lagoon and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. the last show I watched was Upotte! a show that has no reason to exist, it is the personifications of assault rifles going to school, and very silly.

I'm more into manga than anime. I have to go from a place to another, and so I like to grab a few manga's and walk around reading them. Tho there are a few series that I've only watched as anime.

And, after all, most manga's that are released in english are mostly found as anime also. But some of my favorites are:

- Elfen Lied (definetely, DEFINITELY would buy this as manga. T__T)

- Higurashi no naku koro ni (I have this as manga too.)

- Sailor Moon (Actually I like the manga. The anime has too many fillers)

.... okay, and that's about it.

(edited)

I can't believe I forgot this one. How could I forget this one?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy6ZKWq9Yug

Have you ever watched "Tenchi The Movie: Tenchi Muyo in Love"? In my opinion that movie is Tenchi perfection. Out of all the Tenchi alternates, this movie is my very favorite! The ending theme is also one of my all time favorite anime themes of all time. This is the actual original. "Alchemy of Love" is a rarity. (RARITY!) The original song was actually produced and sang in English for the theatrical release in Japan. The Japanese version came later for the home video release.

The movie also changed my mind about Tenchi's father, Nobuyuki. I went from seeing him as a lecherous jerk, to thinking of him as a tragic hero. The events of the movie eventually led him into becoming what he is. You can not blame him. His loss was too great. Without giving spoilers, "Alchemy of Love" is basically about Tenchi's mother, and the undying power of her love for him.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

Since were discussing here I need some help finding more mature theme anime.

I'm interested in stuff that's also a bit more grounded in reality.

Perfect Blue comes to mind as the sort of thing I would be interested.

• Brohoof 1

Since were discussing here I need some help finding more mature theme anime.

I'm interested in stuff that's also a bit more grounded in reality.

Perfect Blue comes to mind as the sort of thing I would be interested.

What do you mean by mature?

Watch highschool of the dead.

Right. Now.

High School of the Dead is a good one but there's definitely a lot of fan service in it. Definitely not a bad thing though. haha

I'm glad I saw this, I recently picked up the box set of Rurouni Kenshin and I've been rewatching that one. Such a great show.

• Brohoof 1

High School of the Dead is a good one but there's definitely a lot of fan service in it. Definitely not a bad thing though. haha

There's fanservice? I didn't notice o3o </sarcasm>

I know, it annoyed me as well xD

Watch Gurren Lagann.