mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

O and I try to make some of my own.

Try to make some of my own? do you write/draw Manga or are you animating Anime? this was really intriguing post!

• Brohoof 1

Been watching Baccano with a friend. We're up to episode 6 but we don't have a lot of time to spend together since I don't have my own computer and we're rarely on at the same time. Dx

Good news though: I found all of my Comic Party DVDs when my brother had lost them so I can watch that. Only thing is, I don't have the first disc of the series so it sucks not having to see the first three or four episodes (though I have seen them in the past)

I haven't seen it in forever but from what I remember I like the manga version of Comic Party more.

If anyone is looking for an anime recommendation, I recommend Soul Eater. The characters are awesome, the story is easy to follow, its freakin' hilarious, and its also short(51 episodes). Its totally worth the time.

i totally agree soul eater is an awesome anime, some other favorites of mine are witch hunter robin, FMA brotherhood, spice and wolf, phantom : requem of the phantom, hellsing, Elfen Lied, Deadman Wonderland... Im sure im missing a few in there lol. Currently watching Highschool DXD, chobits, fate/zero(if i can ever find more eps :P)

Generally speaking, are animes with English dubs any good?

It depends whether you like it or not. In my opinion I think it's better to watch anime in the original version with English subs.

Personally I think Claymore is really good :)

And the other day I actually managed to spoil most of the story of Claymore since I watched videos on youtube. But still, I am going to watch it in maybe a month perhaps.

Probably going to play on Dragon Age before watching it heh xD

I was REALLY into anime, fanatically before I met my before.

I've seen:

Naruto and Naruto Shippuduen (sp?)

DBZ, DB, DBK and DBGT

Death Note

Full Metal Alchemist and brotherhood

Yu-gi-oh (all 5 seasons) and the first seaosn of 5ds,

Beyblades,

battle Bedemon,

Pokemon,

Digimon,

Hamtaro,

Black Butler,

School Days,

the first 40 eps of One Piece - didn't like it.

Code Gease,

Peach girl,

Tokyo mew mew,

Bleach,

Inuyasha,

Eureka 7 (which I don't like),

tried watching Gundam (hated all of them, I hate mecha animes/manga).

I tried watched Evangeline, but again.. I hate mecha.

Elfen lied,

Hellsing,

Working girl,

Lucky Star.

and more but I'm bad with names :x

~

I don't like:

Lucky star,

any mecha anime,

Hetalia. ~

I really want to watch all the Ghibli films.

Wish there was some sort of box set for them.

I've seen all of them, some are better then others :P

my fiancee admitted he liked Howl's moving castle, which is big for him because he hates anime :P

Generally speaking, are animes with English dubs any good?

I prefer the dubs.

Since you can actually appreciate the show and art instead of worrying about if you didn't get the end of that sentence or not.

Funimation does pretty accurate dubs, just stay away from 4kids. ~

It depends whether you like it or not. In my opinion I think it's better to watch anime in the original version with English subs.

And the other day I actually managed to spoil most of the story of Claymore since I watched videos on youtube. But still, I am going to watch it in maybe a month perhaps.

Probably going to play on Dragon Age before watching it heh xD

Haha, have fun, Dragon age truly is a wonderful game if you ask me :) and don't worry to much about spoilers, usually they don't make to much of a sense when you get them thrown after you, atleast not untill you know why it happen'd etc. etc.

i totally agree soul eater is an awesome anime, some other favorites of mine are witch hunter robin, FMA brotherhood, spice and wolf, phantom : requem of the phantom, hellsing, Elfen Lied, Deadman Wonderland... Im sure im missing a few in there lol. Currently watching Highschool DXD, chobits, fate/zero(if i can ever find more eps :P)

Fate/zero is airing again in April is what I heard, but have you seen fate/stay night? Fate/zero is the prequell to fate/stay night, and I highly recommend it :) Highschool DxD going to end soon, gonna be so sad :( Chobits is also great from what I can remember of it :)

If somepony is inn to psycological Anime, I REALLY recommend Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari(which is currently Airing) they can be a bit hard to follow, but that's because of the psycological part, once you can handle that, it's really nice! and Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (both season one and two, even though season 2 will be annoying - try to survive it, even though it is hard... I know)

I liked Soul Eater but I wouldn't exactly call 51 episodes short. You want short? Try 12 episodes like Baccano or This Ugly Yet Beautiful World. Average anime length tends to be around 20-30 episodes and even 30 is pushing it.

<.< Also, anyone who likes action anime has to see Darker Than Black. Just sayin'.

Also, LRP, most anime fans like subs better but there are still many who prefer dubs like myself. For one thing, I don't like to have to read a sentence instead of watching animations or trying to do both at the same time, it causes more of a headache than allows me to enjoy an anime. Most voice acting isn't nearly as bad as those who watch only subs would lead you to believe but it's entirely up to you to decide whether you like subs or dubs better and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Subs are not automatically better just because they are the original recording. It's easier to understand the syntax of a sentence and what tone they should be using for people who speak English as opposed to Japanese which can almost never be perfectly translated so when it's put into subs it can be a little awkward at times where as dubs leave a little room for ad-libbing and modifying the speech to be easier understood and more enjoyable for English speakers. You can't get the same effect in writing that you can hearing the actual voice.

i wouldent call my self a hard core anime fan but i do watch a lot of anime i dont want to list them all becuase i think the list is at least over 200 now but ill list at least a few angle beats dbz hotd and mutch mutch more

*Code Geass

*Rozen Maiden

*Wolf's Rain

*Detective Conan (This is the only series on the list I haven't finished watching)

*Death Note

*Cowboy Bebop

Is Detective Conan even finished yet? Last I hear it was up to 400 or 600 episodes. Insanity!

I stopped reading the manga around volume 20. (Gonna restart from the beginning and catch up one of these days.)