Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need to catch up on MLP!

ReverieRiver

Soooo, here's the thing. I kind of stopped watching MLP:FiM after the end of season 4. I don't really know why, my interest in the show just seemed to drop away at some point, and I stopped watching the new episodes as they aired - and next thing I knew, I was two whole seasons behind :wacko:

I'd like to put myself out there in the fandom again - namely, with my ask blog for my MLP OC, Nano the robot pony. But since his story is largely tied to the show's canon (given the fact he's living in present-day Equestria), I don't feel particularly comfortable taking up his blog again without familiarizing myself with what has happened in canon since I stopped watching...

But watching two entire seasons' worth of episodes seems a little bit daunting to me.  :adorkable: 

So I guess what I'm asking is, would any of you be so kind as to provide me a condensed list of episodes with significant events that are important to show canon?

You can just watch the first and last two episodes of Season 5 and miss nothing

For Season 6, the only episodes of note are "The Times They Are A'Changeling" and the Finale

I'd honestly say buckle down and watch 3-4 episodes a night, because even though there are some absolutely awful episodes that butcher beloved characters, they're still worth a watch so you understand the salt that crops up every time someone mentions "Rainbow Fash" or what have you

There's also the wiki or TvTropes that summarizes the episodes well enough

Edited by The Nth Doctor
  • Brohoof 2

For Season 6, the only episodes of note are "The Times They Are A'Changeling" and the Finale

I'd honestly say buckle down and watch 3-4 episodes a night, because even though there are some absolutely awful episodes that butcher beloved characters, they're still worth a watch so you understand the salt that crops up every time someone mentions "Rainbow Fash" or what have you

Hm... Alright, then, noted. :wat:

I guess that's part of the reason I shied away from watching the episodes for so long, because I kept hearing such negative things about seasons five and six. I'd rather not waste my time on the awful episodes that don't accomplish anything but to butcher the characters...

But, if that's the case, perhaps I'll watch the episodes you mentioned, then go back and watch the rest a few at a time so I can form an opinion for myself. I'd like to know what everyone has been talking about. Thank you for the input! :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

Hm... Alright, then, noted. :wat:

I guess that's part of the reason I shied away from watching the episodes for so long, because I kept hearing such negative things about seasons five and six. I'd rather not waste my time on the awful episodes that don't accomplish anything but to butcher the characters...

But, if that's the case, perhaps I'll watch the episodes you mentioned, then go back and watch the rest a few at a time so I can form an opinion for myself. I'd like to know what everyone has been talking about. Thank you for the input! :ooh:

Oh, and one episode I can't believe I forgot: Crusaders of the Lost Mark (S05E18) is an absolute must-watch, even if you're not a fan of the CMC

• Brohoof 2

Oh, and one episode I can't believe I forgot: Crusaders of the Lost Mark (S05E18) is an absolute must-watch, even if you're not a fan of the CMC

I think I've heard mention of that one! I'll add that to the list to watch. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

What he said xD oh! And I would recommend you to watch the 100th episode as well! (If you already did, then re-watch it xD )

• Brohoof 2

Soooo, here's the thing. I kind of stopped watching MLP:FiM after the end of season 4. I don't really know why, my interest in the show just seemed to drop away at some point, and I stopped watching the new episodes as they aired - and next thing I knew, I was two whole seasons behind :wacko:

I'd like to put myself out there in the fandom again - namely, with my ask blog for my MLP OC, Nano the robot pony. But since his story is largely tied to the show's canon (given the fact he's living in present-day Equestria), I don't feel particularly comfortable taking up his blog again without familiarizing myself with what has happened in canon since I stopped watching...

But watching two entire seasons' worth of episodes seems a little bit daunting to me.  :adorkable:

So I guess what I'm asking is, would any of you be so kind as to provide me a condensed list of episodes with significant events that are important to show canon?

Well really you can watch all of them, but for season 5 perhaps you can watch episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9 (if you enjoy BG ponies), 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, and 26. I mean mainly those are either the best episodes, or are just important episodes.

Season 6, I suggest 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, and 26! 

These seasons were really good! You're gonna expect some character development for all characters! :D

• Brohoof 1

But watching two entire seasons' worth of episodes seems a little bit daunting to me. :adorkable:

I'll add some. "Amending Fences" (S5E12.) Hands down, one of the best episodes in the show. Also, if you're going to watch the S6 finale, you may as well watch "No Second Prances" (S6E06) as you might be a bit confused with the finale if you don't. Edited by Princess Book Horse
  • Brohoof 2