Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FlareGun45

I am really hoping that the Apple parents are dead, because if they were alive all this time but did jack squat to provide for the family farm, and raise their own children, than they are pretty much deadbeats.

How the hell do you pronounce the 'Bow' in Bow Hot Hoof? Is it like the verb, or like the object that fires arrows? I just can't parse that name in any intelligible way. I'm also foreseeing an enormously cliche Romeo and Juliet story for AJ's parents, though Hasbro gets a ton of bonus points if this ends in a double suicide like the original story. Since I don't expect that, I hope they at least use the cliche well and give some closure to what happened to them.

How the hell do you pronounce the 'Bow' in Bow Hot Hoof?

Oh, that's quite simple! It's pronounced like as in Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo!  I am frankly at a loss as to why some might say his is a ridiculous name.

What, the name of his daughter, LightSpectrum Sprint, isn't just as ridiculous? It's a pony show, bro. A spot of silly is par for the course!

Also "HotHoof" sounds like he gave his name to a famous prank, or maybe an army nickname for the guy that throws the grenades, or... I dunno, something a bit more sketchy. As it stands, I am already this close to making a fanclub for him without having even seen him yet!

Somehow, I get the feeling they're going to take the route that clearly the daughter inherited most of her qualities from one of her parents. Bow HotHoof sounds like the sort of braggart showboater that Dash would have got it from while Windy Wistles kinda sounds a bit shy & cute & stereotypical for MLP to be the sort of mare that raised a filly as headstrong as Dash.

Calling it now, too! One of AJ's parents will be, like, a pegasus or unicorn! So they'll have a quick gag at the surprise there! They kind of have to do something about one of them having the last name of Pear.

Wait... Are both sets of parents getting flashed back to in the same episode? That would mean that their stories are somehow parallel. RD's parent's going to pull the same Romeo & Juliet story too? Can't see how... unless its about the stigma & troubles of a pegusai dating a flightless pony.  Heh, which would mean Dash is only half pegasus & would make sense for the implications for why she'd want to continuously prove her flight prowess, heh.

I keep thinking Bow Hot is some obscure reference. The closest I can think of off the top of my head is 'bow up' which means to get ready to fight someone (US southern slang that is no longer used colloquially).

I talked to my cousin who is a commercial pilot, and my friend who is a Captain and pilot in the USAF ... and nadda. So I have no clue at this point.

Calling it now, too! One of AJ's parents will be, like, a pegasus or unicorn! So they'll have a quick gag at the surprise there! They kind of have to do something about one of them having the last name of Pear.

Oh there is a built in gag to be sure, and I think it is going to be thematic. AJ's maternal grandfather has a name that is a play of the French word for grandfather. So I think that the Pears will be fancy and possibly with an upper crust of even a French accent. This sort of adds to the Romeo and Juliet theme in general if they go that route. Also, it would not be a stretch for them to be unicorns if the Pears are from an elite family. What's even more interesting is how this adds a layer to all the AJ or Rarity episodes and dialog that have this same dynamic of opposite tastes - one elite and one country.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I didn't expect Episode 13 to be ANOTHER Applejack episode. Previously, she's had major roles in 13th Episodes of Seasons 1 and 4. Whatever it is, if it's gonna be yet another episode where she's the only Mane Six pony there, I expect it to be the only one for all of Season 7.

Furthermore, I'm glad Rainbow Dash's parents have had their named unveiled. And since they live in Cloudsdale, I'm sure Fluttershy's family will be in that episode too.

Edited by FirePuppy