Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Product placement.

CastletonSnob

3 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

What do you think of product placement in the show? I mean, a lot of shows do product placement these days, so why not MLP?

Well, its a fictional world. Its kind of hard to do real world product placement due to that, and would feel HORRIBLY off if they did it due to the fictional world aspect. It'd be like Hobbits drinking Budweiser or something.

that being said, its ALREADY the ultimate product placement, being made to, y'know, Sell toys XD

• Brohoof 1

It's already one big toy commercial, only way they could top it is if they named characters based on other Hasbro characters in obvious ways(like naming animals after the Littlest Pet Shop cast based on the same species, a band named after Jem and the Holograms, or naming a bunch of Pegasi after Seekers/Aerialbots, etc.)

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

It's already one big toy commercial, only way they could top it is if they named characters based on other Hasbro characters in obvious ways(like naming animals after the Littlest Pet Shop cast based on the same species, a band named after Jem and the Holograms, or naming a bunch of Pegasi after Seekers/Aerialbots, etc.)

I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to Optimus prime and bumblebee!

large.jpg

• Brohoof 2

You mean like Twilight's hot air balloon, or the swan boats in Manehattan? I'm happy with that kind of stuff as long as it fits the world and doesn't interfere with the story. More MLP toys sold -> more funding for the show. But I hope they don't all start drinking Pepsi or something. Something like that would be too distracting imo.

(Those transformer ponies are awesome :P)

• Brohoof 1

I suddenly got the most wonderfully terrible idea.

The show is already a giant product placement, but what if the human world's version of the Tree of Harmony was located under Canterlot's very own Krispy Kreme? 

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Some would argue this show is nothing but product placement, what with the whole thing being based off a children's toyline and all.

On 30/03/2017 at 6:37 PM, cmarston1 said:

I suddenly got the most wonderfully terrible idea.

The show is already a giant product placement, but what if the human world's version of the Tree of Harmony was located under Canterlot's very own Krispy Kreme? 

Only if Donut Joe is involved somehow.

Edited by Aurora Glimmer
  • Brohoof 1