Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a griffon!

Elric Leaftail

OOh! A griffon! I love griffons! *pops his back leg off and shakes it at you*  I'm even one twelfth griffon! Yay!

So! Questions! Yes!

First off, any special breed you happen to be? I notice ya got what looks like a gem stuck in ya! Oh, and the twin tails! What're those? Feather tails?

Oh, and something I've always wondered about... is hows it like grooming yourself as a griffon with both fur & feather to take care of? I mean, feathers you can preen with your bill, but fur has a totally different consistency. Different skin mediums take stains worse or better and BE-lieve me, I know that can be a bother!

Also, totes adorable, bro!

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Widdershins said:

OOh! A griffon! I love griffons! *pops his back leg off and shakes it at you*  I'm even one twelfth griffon! Yay!

So! Questions! Yes!

First off, any special breed you happen to be? I notice ya got what looks like a gem stuck in ya! Oh, and the twin tails! What're those? Feather tails?

Oh, and something I've always wondered about... is hows it like grooming yourself as a griffon with both fur & feather to take care of? I mean, feathers you can preen with your bill, but fur has a totally different consistency. Different skin mediums take stains worse or better and BE-lieve me, I know that can be a bother!

Also, totes adorable, bro!

A...twelfth? You're...not a normal hydra, are you? I suppose there are places to ask such questions...

And me? Well, I'm a tree griffon. We're smaller than the better-known mountain griffons, and mostly live in forests. We're weaker too, and Equestria's forests are pretty dangerous, so we have the ability to emit bright flashes of light to dissuade attackers. The dual tails are prehensile, and are mostly used to catch onto tree branches if we fall. Nobody climbs better than a tree griffon!

As for grooming fur, I wouldn't know! Tree griffons take more after out avian half, so it's feathers all the way! Honestly, I prefer it that way. Much more water resistant. You ever hear of a "wet feather smell?" Didn't think so.

Nah-nah, Imma Dunkonnaquis. That's really more of a chimera then a hydra. Your thinkin' of the big lizard that speaks in rainbows!

I'm inclined to say wet feathers have a smell, but neither of us got a sense of smell. That's pretty interesting though! Bio-luminescence! Don't see any bulbous light sacs on you though, where's your light come from then? Everything could use more bulbous light sacs! Hhee-hee~!

Oh! And judging by your cute lil' fledgling photo up there, your quite a fine fisher of a feathered friend! So how do you like your fishy treats?

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Nah-nah, Imma Dunkonnaquis. That's really more of a chimera then a hydra. Your thinkin' of the big lizard that speaks in rainbows!

I'm inclined to say wet feathers have a smell, but neither of us got a sense of smell. That's pretty interesting though! Bio-luminescence! Don't see any bulbous light sacs on you though, where's your light come from then? Everything could use more bulbous light sacs! Hhee-hee~!

Oh! And judging by your cute lil' fledgling photo up there, your quite a fine fisher of a feathered friend! So how do you like your fishy treats?

The light? It comes from...uh...magic, I guess? I'm not sure. I like to think it's like a unicorn's horn, 'cept it can only do one thing. And yeah, I agree that the world could use more bulbous light sacs. Definitely.

And I'm not much of a cook, so I usually eat my fish raw.