Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Raven's Antique Request Shop [CLOSED]

Raven Rawne

On 8/5/2017 at 5:57 PM, Raven Rawne said:

@Krashface Hmm, lots of "dumb fabric" as a certain pony would say but, why not, I'll give it a try. Pencil or ink? Line or shaded? Any preferences for the pose?

Eyes: 24/7. Tail no. And I already love him :D 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess I can count that one as a... success then?

On an unrelated note, for some reason, scans kinda look worse than the drawings IRL and I am unable to solve that problem. Must be the scanner in itself, most probably.

Spoiler

ezerona_by_neonblaze909-da3fku1.png

This is what I want done, draw her anyway you please for practice, I appreciate you're trying hard and giving people beautiful free art to practice for your own gain, keep up the good work and your sketches are pretty dang good! 

Hi! Can you do a Starlight Glimmer inked (and shaded normally) picture for me? If it would be possible, can Rainbow Dash be in the picture as well? I know I'm asking too much...

Just now, Raven Rawne said:

@Ezerona does she have a cutie mark? Also, would you like pencil or ink?

@hicagp I can try, right? Any idea on how composition of the picture? Are they just standing next to each other or?

Yeah, that's fine. Can they be standing side-by-side and be looking straight ahead? And thank you! 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Raven Rawne said:

@Ezerona does she have a cutie mark? Also, would you like pencil or ink?

@hicagp I can try, right? Any idea on how composition of the picture? Are they just standing next to each other or?

No, she doesn't have a cutie mark. And...hmm Pencil  :) 

Edited by Ezerona

(edited)

Oof, that was a LONG wait, to be honest, but I had all sorts of things to do. On the bright side, I did my first actual scene, with background. Also, the first hints of what I hope to evolve into my own style.

@MaryxMelody, here's what I came up with:

rsz_20170612_183430.jpg

Edited by Raven Rawne

On 6/12/2017 at 0:45 PM, Raven Rawne said:

Oof, that was a LONG wait, to be honest, but I had all sorts of things to do. On the bright side, I did my first actual scene, with background. Also, the first hints of what I hope to evolve into my own style.

@MaryxMelody, here's what I came up with:

rsz_20170612_183430.jpg

Oh my god, thank you! I love it so much! Its adorable! Thank you! The wait was worth it for this adorableness!! Again, thank you! 

Hehe, thanks! BTW I reeeeally should try and work faster on those requests, but then, there's the issue of quality loss if I work fast.

Anyway, I came up with an idea to make my stuff look better - pencil assisted inks. Basically,  ink for lines and pencil for textures, at least till I learn to shade and ink wash properly with just ink. That way the drawings won't look so bare, shades of grey will hopefully make the scenes more appealing. I'll modify the OP later to add it to the list. 

14 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

Hehe, thanks! BTW I reeeeally should try and work faster on those requests, but then, there's the issue of quality loss if I work fast.

Anyway, I came up with an idea to make my stuff look better - pencil assisted inks. Basically,  ink for lines and pencil for textures, at least till I learn to shade and ink wash properly with just ink. That way the drawings won't look so bare, shades of grey will hopefully make the scenes more appealing. I'll modify the OP later to add it to the list. 

Nonsense you're art looks great they don't look care to me, but it's awesome that you're pushing for improvement.

Welp, I really want to get good with pen and ink. The stuff you can do with it, it's awesome. BTW I have a nice idea for a full scene for your picture as well, and already sketched some basics. If I manage to pull it off, it should look rather decent, I think. Tomorrow's a bank holiday in Poland so that means that maybe I'll actually finish it!

1 minute ago, Raven Rawne said:

Welp, I really want to get good with pen and ink. The stuff you can do with it, it's awesome. BTW I have a nice idea for a full scene for your picture as well, and already sketched some basics. If I manage to pull it off, it should look rather decent, I think. Tomorrow's a bank holiday in Poland so that means that maybe I'll actually finish it!

Always try new things that's how we find our own art styles however as an artist you'll never be purely satisfied with your own work. And nice have fun and don't rush!

@Ezerona

aaaand, finished! What do you think? It's a photo, that's why it's a tad grey, but for some reason scans look way too bright and son't catch the finer details.

in case it didn't make much sense, it's supposed to be early Spring, and a windy day, and she's leaning over a bridge in some park.

rsz_20170615_123829.jpg

15 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

@Ezerona

aaaand, finished! What do you think? It's a photo, that's why it's a tad grey, but for some reason scans look way too bright and son't catch the finer details.

in case it didn't make much sense, it's supposed to be early Spring, and a windy day, and she's leaning over a bridge in some park.

rsz_20170615_123829.jpg

Oh goodness this so captures this Ocs personality , she is based off me and this is exactly how I'd love to spend my time, good job , I absolutely love this more than you'll ever know, thank you !!

*pokes head in, looks around*

Uhm, hiya.

I was wondering if you might still be available for requests?  I don't want to press... but at the same time, I do like your style of work.

You know, I for once AM satisfied with this piece, even if I prefer the sharp contrast of ink. I had to make some compromises from what I imagined originally, but it's close enough for me. And of course, I'm very happy that you liked it!

@Randimaxis Well the to-do list is rather short, isn't it? So of course I'm available! Just shoot what you're thinking about, and we'll see if I can bring it onto the paper.

Excellent!  Thank you so very kindly!

What I am looking for specifically will be heavily based on a particular facial expression - I would like a drawing of this particular fellow...

RandiMaxis.thumb.png.5169d81290866d0c5d5bd69d79dfcd56.png

... engaged in a bout of twisted, maniacal laughter.  I want, like, "move to the other side of the street in passing" crazy: The eyes, the crook of the mouth, the whole nine yards!  I was figuring you might appreciate the chance to work on something that wasn't a standard facial expression, so I'll simply place this kindly in your court, o artistic one.

Thank you for your time.  *bows humbly*