Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

no love for Little Strongheart?

ManaMinori

(edited)

am I the only one who wants her back? I mean, hell, she hasn't even shown face since season 1. Since then, Erin Matthews has voiced Gabby the Griffon. Why not LS? Isn't she one of Spike's friends (along with the other buffalo in the herd?) It really grinds my gears to see Spike investing more time into hanging with Thorax, Big Mac, and Ember (all who have gotten significantly more screen time) rather than his first non-pony friend, Little Strongheart, (and the other buffalo)

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 1

I'm still fucking bitter about that "leak" of her supposedly appearing in Buckball Season being bullshit

• Brohoof 1

I totally forgot about this character to be honest but yea they should bring her back. She could be interesting as a recurring character in the show as she is one of the few non-pony races in equestria.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

am I the only one who wants her back? I mean, hell, she hasn't even shown face since season 1. Since then, Erin Matthews has voiced Gabby the Griffon. Why not LS? Isn't she one of Spike's friends (along with the other buffalo in the herd?) It really grinds my gears to see Spike investing more time into hanging with Thorax, Big Mac, and Ember (all who have gotten significantly more screen time) rather than his first non-pony friend, Little Strongheart, (and the other buffalo)

Considering that I subscribe to the 'united front' theory of the show building alliances with other races to defend against some major big bad in a finale at some point, I am a little perplexed that they haven't brought them back in a prominent episode yet. Dragons, Yaks, Changelings, and Griffons were all given foundations of strong mutual alliances. The buffalo tribe has been ignored a bit. Considering Spike is important in cultivating two of those relationships, it makes sense that he should flex his ambassadorial (is that a word) muscles and bring in a deeper alliance with Liitle Strongheart's tribe. I think it would be cool if we saw the passage of time mean Strongheart gets a new animation model. 

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

Who is Little Strongheart? I did not remember this character exist.

She was the daughter of the Buffalo Chief from the season 1 episode "Over A Barrel."

608e504ca085b9e54950b74e57eb836d.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I know! Next to Babs and Lightning Dust, I really wanna see Little Strongheart again as well! I really hope she wasn't forgotten about! Perhaps not, and maybe the writers just didn't think of a good story for her return yet, just like Babs and Lightning.

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

She was the daughter of the Buffalo Chief from the season 1 episode "Over A Barrel."

Aw, that little buffalo... 

I joined the fandom after Rainbow Rock, and i watch later seasons before season 1... i dont even remember this ep... yeah... i remember the fight scene and Pinkie's song...

What special about this character that OP is so crazy about?

(edited)
2 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Isn't she one of Spike's friends (along with the other buffalo in the herd?)

I'd say Little Strongheart respects him, but from the way she acted towards him I don't think they're really considered friends anymore than Spike is friends with those nameless civilian crystal ponies who are fans of him. Heck, Spike just says he's treated like an honored guest, but he never specifically calls them friends. The closest thing we get is Spike brofisting one of the buffalo. That's about it.

And aside from Chief Thunderhooves, none of the other buffalo were really given any character or names.

Edited by Marimo

20 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

608e504ca085b9e54950b74e57eb836d.jpg

I so very much loved the rivalry her and Rainbow Dash had in that episode. It would be great if we'd get an episode with just the two of them paired up having to work together to solve a problem.

I doubt the buffaloes will ever return since that episode was controversial in the fact that it had a slightly racist depiction of Native Americans. And we all know Hasbro is very "family friendly" (as shown by the Derpy incident). :orly:

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Truffles said:

I so very much loved the rivalry her and Rainbow Dash had in that episode. It would be great if we'd get an episode with just the two of them paired up having to work together to solve a problem.

That was the plot for one of the comics. Friends Forever #31.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Babyyoshi309 said:

I doubt the buffaloes will ever return since that episode was controversial in the fact that it had a slightly racist depiction of Native Americans. And we all know Hasbro is very "family friendly" (as shown by the Derpy incident). :orly:

they were able to make a cameo in the background of the episode with Troubleshoes. I don't see a problem

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

they were able to make a cameo in the background of the episode with Troubleshoes. I don't see a problem

They may be able to cameo in background, but I doubt they will ever be in the foreground again.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

since we've seen season 1 characters, Hoity Toity and Photo Finish make a comeback this season, my hope is renewed that we'll see Little Strongheart soon enough!