Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

"We may be related but we met two nights ago." Slumberfur pointed out, "First we head back to the abandoned twoleg nest, and then, I don't know, sleep, do nothing." "The gathering wouldn't have effected it anyways, because like I said, it's next night, you usually sleep at night." He didn't understand what use Jinx would be either, so he didn't mention anything about why she was wanted to be there. "Also, though you probably don't care, our killer cat struck again, two warriors." Slumberfur get little pause "They were our night guards, at the entrance of the camp.."

• Brohoof 1

"Ah, sleeping and doing nothing," Jinx purred, swaying her tail as she almost smiled. "Finally, something nice and easy."

Upon hearing about the two warriors, her ears lowered the slightest bit. "That's a shame... speaking of which, I ran into a strange cat before you came out here. Not a very friendly one either, gave me some vague warning to beware something or whatever."

• Brohoof 1

"I knew I smelled blood, that would explain why no cat else seemed to notice it." Slumberfur muttered before meowing "What did the cat look like." Non-friendly cat and scent of blood reminded Slumberfur about the dream he had had with the four cats, so he wanted to know if it was the same cat, because that would more or less confirm his theory about what was happening.

• Brohoof 1

"It wasn't the same cat as before, I know that," Jinx explained, grooming herself casually. "It was orange-furred, and had this air of scariness about it. Didn't smell nearly as bad as the other cat, thank goodness."

(edited)

"Did it have scar on its face?" Slumberfur asked as he started slowly walking towards the Twoleg nest, gesturing Jinx to follow. "I'm asking because I may have seen that cat before." He didn't mention where he may had seen it, because from Jinx's reaction when Slumberfur told he had seen the dark cat in dream too, he figured she would dismiss it. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"I believe it did," Jinx muttered, slowly plodding after Slumberfur. "I'm not too sure--I was trying not to look at it. It was unsettling for some reason."

She looked over her shoulder, in case the cat was around.

"Sounds about right, we'll see if it shows up again." Slumberfur meowed "It may be that we won't be seeing that dark cat again, I have a feeling that this new cat is the 'second' that the cat said was coming." He sounded surprisingly nonchalant "Though we have to wait and see what it will do."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx didn't seem all too worried about it either, letting out a yawn as she swayed her tail carelessly. "It seemed like it just wanted to make vague threats and run away again. It must think it's being scary."

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe, but considering that we have reason to believe it isn't a threat to us directly, I think it's more mocking than anything." Slumberfur meowed "Maybe we could use that to our advance." "They think we are incapable of doing anything because we have kittypet blood, so they might accidentally tell something we could use against them."

• Brohoof 1

"Hm, that might work," Jinx purred, then padded up to Slumberfur's side and gave him a gentle bat behind the head with her tail. "I suppose I'm not as useless as you think I am, am I?" Her meow practically oozed cockiness.

• Brohoof 1

"Don't get cocky, I said we, and that they might, it doesn't make you necessary any more useful." Slumberfur pointed out "It might be that they are not that stupid, and they may know more than we know they know, they could be watching us right now." "We can't know anything for certain."

• Brohoof 1

"If that makes you feel better," Jinx purred, regarding the comment about her usefulness. She swayed her tail, always enjoying the sensation of feeling important.

She glanced over her shoulder at her last point. "I suppose not. Those cats are strange, like they somehow seem to know where we are."

• Brohoof 1

That was actually a good point, Slumberfur thought to himself, he hadn't actually even thought about it, they needed to know where he and Jinx were to appear to them, and they also seemed to know when they were alone, "Now that you mentioned it, they seem to also be able to know when we are alone, so it is likely that we are being watched." 

• Brohoof 1

"But why are they so interested in us?" Jinx asked, letting out a lazy yawn. "Well, I am quite attractive looking, but I doubt that warrants being threatened."

She swayed her tail over her head. "We deserve better treatment than that!"

• Brohoof 1

"Well, the dark one said something about worrying that we might be a problem, and they don't directly to harm us." "So it may be that we being kittypets makes us a threat, and best way to take care of threats is to know everything about them." Slumberfur meowed "Or maybe they just find kittypets amusing."

• Brohoof 1

"Hmph, they should be scared of us," Jinx mewed, raising her chin pompously. "What, with how much of a good fighter you apparently are, and of course that skill has to be in me too since we're related."

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe, but without training you are as useful fighter as newborn kit." Slumberfur pointed out "And with your body you would get exhausted faster than your opponent can warm up." Surprisingly, Slumberfur didn't sound like he would have been insulting Jinx.

• Brohoof 1

"Well, not everyone can have the privilege of fighting for their life every day," Jinx mewed defensively. "I've never had to fight before, and I'd really prefer not to have to start now, if it's all the same with you."

• Brohoof 1

"I haven't actually fought for my life once, for our territory yes, but not once have I been in risk of dying." Slumberfur pointed out "Sure there have been foxes, dogs and badgers now and then, but when you have other warriors with you, they aren't that big of a threat."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's tail flicked nervously at the thought of foxes, dogs and badgers coming after her. She did not like this idea.

"Why would you live somewhere where those mindless monsters can just wander around and attack you on sight?!" She yowled.

• Brohoof 1

"Because it's not as big of a problem as you make it to be, I have seen each thing only once and only the badger actually caused problems." Slumberfur pointed out as he sat down,they were now back at the twoleg nest. "Besides, there's plenty of dogs around the twolegplace, risk of getting attacked by one is lot bigger there."

• Brohoof 1

"The dogs around my home don't bother me," Jinx pointed out casually, licking at her paw. "Mainly because I showed them who is truly in charge. Not even they are stupid enough to try fighting me again."

• Brohoof 1

"Ha! And mice can fly." Slumberfur laughed, it was obvious he didn't believe Jinx, "I can believe that they don't bother you since their twolegs keeps them in control, but you fighting dogs? you can't really think that I would believe you."

• Brohoof 1

"Hey, I did," Jinx hissed, flicking her tail irritably. "The humans just call them away when they've had enough. There's a reason they're never in my garden after all." She purred triumphantly, raising her chin once more.

• Brohoof 1