Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

"A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet" "And you have to admit that being kittypet is pretty easy" Slumberfur pointed out "But don't take it personally, rogues and such are not any more liked, or other clans in that matter" He then lowered his voice so much that it was basically muttering "At least you don't share a den with them."

• Brohoof 1

"I'd like to think being where I won't risk getting killed is easier," Jinx pointed out, not trying to sound smug about it for once. It seemed rather obvious to her.

Though she caught what Slumberfur had muttered, and tilted her head. "What do you mean by that?"

• Brohoof 1

"I mean exactly that, you may get insulted by the clans but at least you are not sleeping in a same den with them." Slumberfur meowed, not exactly happy about remembering what he remembered "Most of the clan wasn't exactly friendly back when I became an apprentice, and they weren't afraid to show that they didn't like the kittypet among them" 

• Brohoof 1

"And yet you still hang around them," Jinx pointed out, sounding a little more sympathetic than anything. "I just don't understand why you'd take it. You could have just gone back."

She shrugged. "I mean, I'm sure you had your reasons to stay, but I wouldn't have taken so many insults so lightly."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, like I told earlier, it was either the Clan or living as stray." "And I most likely wouldn't have survived as a stray." "Besides, I made few friends from the start too." Slumberfur meowed "But it also was part stubbornness, I wanted to prove them wrong, and so I did." "And sure some of them still obviously don't like me, but most of the clan does."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Slumberfur sighed "Well" "Your guess earlier was right, they threw me out." "I obviously first tried to get back in, but after getting almost hit by one of those things twolegs wear on their back feet, I understood they didn't want me back." His tone was rather nonchalant "But like said earlier, I wouldn't go back even if I could, I'm a Clan-cat at heart"

• Brohoof 1

"Humans are so stupid," Jinx scoffed, flicking her tail upward. "They should be grateful to have us to worship and do things for."

She started grooming herself casually. "Honestly, they wouldn't know a good thing if it hit them in the face."

• Brohoof 1

"Dogs, ugh," Jinx spat, lashing her tail. "Stupid things can't even think for themselves. Always begging for human affection. It's sad if you ask me."

She ran a paw behind her ear. "Honestly, we are smarter and far superior than mangy dogs."

• Brohoof 1

"I mostly agree." "They may be stupid but they are dangerous opponents." Slumberfur meowed "But that doesn't matter now, there's a dangerous cat going around." He was quiet for a moment before continuing "What do you think about the dark cat that visited us, anything.......special?"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx blinked slowly. She almost forgot about that strange cat.

"What could it possibly mean though?" She asked, giving herself a slow scratch. "He delivered a few cryptic threats and smelled like he'd rolled around in rotten food."

Though, she couldn't help but think... "Do you think he had something to do with those dead cats back there?"

• Brohoof 1

"Well, he did admit killing the two before them, and he did appear at the same time as the deaths started. " "I also saw a dream about him and three other cats night before he appeared." Slumberfur explained "I thought about it and.......well......I think it is more than just random cat going around killing clan cats."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked her ear idly, glancing up at Slumberfur. "You assume this cat has friends? And an agenda?" she meowed, giving her front paws a little stretch. "What possible benefit would that have? Just spot a cat you've never seen before who smells bad, there's your culprit."

• Brohoof 1

"Friends yes, agenda...not in a way you think, though I don't expect you to understand or believe, so I spare you from the details." Slumberfur meowed "But what is sure is that it's not as simple as just finding him, there's four clans searching for that cat, and only we two have seen it, and even then it came to us." "And there is something special about that cat, it didn't care less when I attacked it, surely injuring it, and a normal cat wouldn't be able to kill 16 clan cats, assuming that other clans have lost same amount of cats as us."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx didn't seem like she was listening, going back to slowly grooming herself. "That cat clearly has some problems if he's going after innocent cats for no reason."

She yawned and stretched herself out a bit. "And honestly, who would want to hurt me?"

• Brohoof 1

"I know several cats who would want to hurt you, most obvious being whole Riverclan, and probably Shadowclan too, because they frequently have problems with kittypets." Slumberfur pointed out "But that's beside the point, and we already know that you and me are safe.....for now." He wasn't surprised Jinx's answer, what would kittypet like her actually know about this kind of situations. 

He looked to the sky, sun was going down already, but he wasn't going to sleep right away this night, he was going to wait for Jinx to go to sleep and then go back to camp to discuss what he had thought about with Kitestar, and then maybe patrol a little bit, maybe he even could find the cat.

• Brohoof 1

"Hmph, rather closed-minded of them," Jinx commented, flicking her tail indignantly. "And would they really be that upset over some fish? Even in this situation? Honestly, it's rather silly."

She looked up at the setting sun, and let out a yawn. "Mmf, I could go for some sleep... maybe something to eat first."

• Brohoof 1

"Yes they actually would, it's not that losing fish necessary is the problem, they just don't like thieves, and I can't really blame them." Slumberfur pointed out

"Well then go and hunt something." Slumberfur meowed stretching, mention of food got him feeling hungry.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx huffed and narrowed her eyes at Slumberfur. "Well I haven't stolen from you, have I?" She pointed out.

She huffed and slowly stood up, stretching out her back legs. "Fine, but only because I can prove that hunting is easy."

• Brohoof 1

"True, but we were talking about Riverclan and not me."

"Hunting is easy, some cats just don't know how to do it right." Slumberfur meowed before turning away from Jinx "Good luck, feel free to ask help if you don't succeed" he added before padding away to his usual hunting place. 

• Brohoof 1

"Well I won't have to ask," Jinx purred, padding out of the clearing toward the trees. "Because I will succeed."

She wandered around alone in the trees, flicking her ears to listen out for any prey. She felt confident, thinking that if she could handle it earlier, she could now.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't have any trouble with his hunting this time, and he found and caught a chubby mouse relatively quickly, taking his time with eating it. He thought about the dark cat again, preparing to tell Kitestar his thoughts and why he did think so. He also planned telling what they had discussed with Jinx, about they possibly being related. 

After finishing his meal, Slumberfur stretched and made his way back to the twoleg-den. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx didn't take long to find some prey, but like last time, catching the bird was a little tricky. She just managed to catch it before it fluttered off, by pouncing and landing on it with a thud.

She took her time enjoying it, and decided to groom herself a bit when she was finished. Once she was satisfied, she padded slowly toward the den.

• Brohoof 1

When Slumberfur arrived to the den, he didn't see Jinx anywhere, so he went to check the hole that lead inside the den for her scent and concluded that she hadn't yet returned. He then sat down and focused to his senses, listening for anything unusual, but didn't hear anything else than the usual noises of forest. When he heard Jinx he stood up and meowed "So, caught anything?". 

• Brohoof 1