Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your personal quirks?

Pippinjack

I tend to say 'ouch' before I even hit something... and also if I do hit something and even if it doesn't hurt. When I'm REALLY nervous I also tend to cough a lot... no idea why or how I even got this weird quirk :P

• Brohoof 1

Most of my quirks are organization related. :P

• I like to hide my desktop icons so I can see the wallpaper in full
  • I have to have my music, paints, boxes, papers,etc put away neatly. I hate having to dig through things. 
  • I don't always like everything to be symmetrical, but I like things to be balanced.

Maybe I'm just a neat freak. XD 

• Brohoof 3

I always think have a song in my head no matter what, like right now, I have aerosmiths "Dream On" in my head. I always say stuff in my head and then say it out loud a few seconds later. I can't think of anything else right now.

When I was little I slipped on some water on the deck of a boat and hit my mouth on the metal railings that surround it, because it hurt I rubbed the bump on my lip for a long time while it healed. Ever since then I subconsciously rub my lips with my fingernails because I like the smooth feeling, one of my fingernails is actually a lot smoother than the others because I do this.

• Brohoof 1

*sigh*

...you HAD to ask, didn't you?

FINE.  *deep breath*

Whenever I'm completely alone, I sing... LOUDLY.  Mostly because I enjoy music so much - though sometimes, I make up different lyrics, or attempt to emulate a different style or voice.  Heck, I even beatbox, on occasion.

I prefer to sit on the floor cross-legged, and have even turned down chairs to sit on, if the floor was comfy enough to me.

I randomly throw out quotes from 80's commercials in response to conversation sometimes - and my face LIGHTS UP when someone gets it.

When I come across a cat, I make that "tch-tch-tch" sound with my teeth, then when they look, I actually say "hello" out loud and keep moving, sometimes waving as I pass.  (Some cats have even followed me home for this behavior.)

I have a tendency to gnaw on my fingernails/cuticles, especially when bored... or at the movies.  If I don't have something to occupy them during the flick, I usually leave the theater with raw spots and even slivers of bleeding from biting too deep/far.

If I hear the words "si, senor", I automatically say (under my breath) "the hairy grill"; "Si Senor, the Hairy Grill" is the title of a song by the group Yello, from the same album that had their hit track, "Oh Yeah".  I just really dug the name, for some oddball reason.  *shrug*

I am chock full of pointless trivial knowledge, and have to mentally restrain myself from just blurting it out when I feel a conversation around me relates to that trivia - once upon a childhood, I didn't hold back... and I didn't have many friends, either.  {:<

I enjoy the sensation of running my fingers so lightly over my arms, they raise goosebumps; I tend to do it when I'm sitting at my computer bored.

I use the exact same hairbrush my dearly departed mother used to use - and it's the only one that my hair will respond to, especially after washing.

When I read at the computer (or at a table), I lean my chin on my palm and put my thumb and forefinger on my cheekbones, resting my nose in the webbing of skin between them; people who catch me doing that either ask if I'm gonna sneeze, or if I smell something bad.

Whenever anyone asks me if I'm "all right", I automatically quip with, "Nope - I'm half left."  I picked that up from my father.  There have been folks who have turned and stalked me down to be certain they heard me correctly... then laughed when I confirmed.

I can't STAND the feel of a clipper on my fingernails; it's the tactile equivalent of nails on a chalkboard for me.  I've been trimming them with my teeth since I was about seven.  Even my toenails - though ONLY after bathing, because DIRTY toenails are gross.  I've even bitten my way out of a hangnail. (note: DO NOT TRY AT HOME)

... and about forty-two more that aren't AT ALL interesting, but I do them.  I've already shared enough, thank you.  *chuckle*

• Brohoof 1

I like tanks.. a lot.. 
I'm sure a lot of people know this but not to the full extent that is really is, sometimes I have to force myself to not steer a conversation towards tanks, more often than not I just cant help it. :adorkable: I love talking about tanks~

I love controversies and conspiracies cause they make a part of the many mysteries of Life that cannot be explained from our finite minds. Granted a lot of them can be quite logically fallacious and will put people like me into doubt, but such things symbolize a sense of reality to me that Life is neither fair nor unfair to me. It doesn't care what I think and that's what makes Life gloriously unpredictable in nature. Meaning my Life is prison pretty much :lol:.

So yeah, my quirk is that I adore controversies and conspiracies. :P

Not really sure they qualify as 'quirks' per say but I have an odd fascination and collection of traffic signals and highway signs. Like, to the point where I can generally guess what state or region a photographed controlled intersection is in.

• 6 years later...

Let’s see

Due to to Monster High I say Oh My Ra and I also say sweet mother of ra. I a month or so ago I got a message from an online friend using Oh My Ra and it made me happy to see I’m spreading that lol. I’m trying to train myself to say ghouls instead of girls. I’ve gotten really entertaining looks when I’ve done that in the past and it amuses me greatly.

I tend to talk to myself when I’m working. Instead of thinking “I need to do this and then this” I say it lol.

These ones are just easier to show

I do this. The hand on upper chest thing. I do it with my right hand though

Spoiler

ce3611e97d01880b46071a22026ed10b86873b31

This one with my hands I do a lot. It makes it seem like I’m up to something or scheming when I’m not lol. It’s very entertaining.

Spoiler

BodyLanguageProjectCom-Hand-Steepling-1.

• Brohoof 1

I sing, hum and tap my fingers to random beats and songs stuck in my head all the time. I also sing random songs about almost anything, and usually about stuff I'm currently doing. 

• Brohoof 1

I have a habit of  me seeing everything  like a musical broadway theatre. Setting myself as a main fictional character on a stage and the people could either be the audience or side characters in my pov. It’s just a way for me to cope with life and understanding how I should feel. It’s hard for me to understand my feelings or convey in words, so musics helps me.

So whenever I listened to a music I would play an image of myself as a ‘character’  expressing their feelings through imagery and acting it out - kinda like being in my own little theater world. The people I meet, I imagine them as the side characters for my stage. who I could chose to either be my companion and  be part of my stage if I like them. Or get sidelined backstage if I don’t like them. if there’s people such as ‘haters’ I see them as unwanted audience and unimportant and ‘kick’ them out of my life.  My world is like musical stage. Music helps me understand my emotions and playing it out in my stage world helps me express it. 

I would create “characters”  for myself in my head and they have different persona and roles which I choose to act as depending on my mood or how the days goes for me. Hence for example i can choose to play someone who’s indifferent. When someone got upset for me being insensitive, my mind goes like “well I would care but today I’m not feeling it.”

I created my life pov like a story- if things doesn’t go by the script I tend to get upset or lose my temper.  This also corporate towards me being a writer too. Since I have a habit of turning things into a story, this how I get my inspirations.

• Brohoof 1