Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Speedy Transition

Posted Image

So guys, i dont know about you, but i am a MASSIVE! Resident Evil fan, i have all the games, and every version of Resident Evil 1, so i pre-ordered Resident Evil ORC off of Steam today, and cant wait to be able to play it!

i wanted to know if you guys will be playing it or not, and what you would like to see from the game!

I was thinking, with there being 4 groups in the city, that the game go a little like this..

Groups~

R.P.D
S.T.A.R.S
Umbrella
Zombies

So, say if i was playing as Jill from S.T.A.R.S, i could be running around the city, fight Zombies, doing such, then all of a sudden, a Umbrella member would run into me, we would then have a gun fight, then more zombies would cover, this means that for a short time Jill and the Umbrella memeber would "team up" to kills the zombies, then once they are dead, you turn on each other once more!

So what do you guys think!!
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Im sorry, but this game is horrible.

The controls are screwed over and the aiming is bad. The AI is dumber then ever and there is really no challange to it.

What i like about it is that its a 4player Co-op and the characters are somewhat badass.

And i LOVE the Resident evil series, so dont take me as a hater.

Edited by Vicke
  • Brohoof 2

I want the game but I'll be getting it on PS3. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about it but I tend to ignore that, I'll enjoy it regardless. Only thing I won't like about it is the fact that it's made to be a co-op campaign and I hate games that do that since it makes it hard to play it by yourself. I'm a single player kind of guy, I rarely ever play games with people, so I want a good wholesome single player experience.

• Brohoof 1

The controls are screwed over and the aiming is bad. The AI is dumber then ever and there is really no challange to it.

I must admit, this is FUCKING TRUE.

But still, i really like the game, i still have fun with it playing by myself (Can't buy it off steam because it's blocked in my country, retail versions won't come so i can't play online, i live in Argentina).

I missed having fun on games.

I want the game but I'll be getting it on PS3. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about it but I tend to ignore that, I'll enjoy it regardless. Only thing I won't like about it is the fact that it's made to be a co-op campaign and I hate games that do that since it makes it hard to play it by yourself. I'm a single player kind of guy, I rarely ever play games with people, so I want a good wholesome single player experience.

SinglePlayer experience is not so good, even more on bosses, you really should play cooperatively this game.

I probably will anyway but I have a tendency to play the game by myself first so I know the game instead of being a noob when I play it with others. It just frustrates others when I don't know what I'm doing. Plus I don't like the way other people play, other people will rush through trying to beat the level as fast as they can, I like to slow down and look at the scenery around me.

• Brohoof 1

Cant you use another word please? D:

Vicke is absolutely right about what i remarked.

I probably will anyway but I have a tendency to play the game by myself first so I know the game instead of being a noob when I play it with others. It just frustrates others when I don't know what I'm doing. Plus I don't like the way other people play, other people will rush through trying to beat the level as fast as they can, I like to slow down and look at the scenery around me.

Good thinking! Forgot to tell you about that, you really should level up a bit and get reasonable weapons, and don't get a shotgun for the first level, well, basically, never use a shotgun, they are useless. You really should get the tommy gun.

• Brohoof 1

Ah yes, I should have guessed they'd do something like that. That's another thing, I'd rather have decent equipment so I don't fall behind or be a burden to the other players. lol

• Brohoof 2

Much better :3

just fyi, swearing isn't against the rules. only if it's used unnecessary and excessively, or used as an insult towards somepony else.

i assume it was the swearing you irked yourself over in that post, right?

The game is terrible. It`s not Resident Evil AT ALL! I mean. Ever since Resident Evil 4. The series kinda losted it`s touch. Resident Evil is supposed to be that game where your scared as shit to fight bosses & go around every corner not knowing if there`s a zombie there. Plus it was a game of Memory & Skill. You had to keep your items weither you wanted to or not. Cause if you just drop that item willy-nilly. Then you`ve just got yourself a dead game. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City has to be the far worst Resident Evil game ever made besides the one with Barry Burton as the main character. The game doesn`t even have the Resident Evil feel. It`s like Black, GUN, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead, & Hitman combined. It`s fuckin ridiculous.

Posted Image

So guys, i dont know about you, but i am a MASSIVE! Resident Evil fan, i have all the games, and every version of Resident Evil 1, so i pre-ordered Resident Evil ORC off of Steam today, and cant wait to be able to play it!

i wanted to know if you guys will be playing it or not, and what you would like to see from the game!

I was thinking, with there being 4 groups in the city, that the game go a little like this..

Groups~

R.P.D

S.T.A.R.S

Umbrella

Zombies

So, say if i was playing as Jill from S.T.A.R.S, i could be running around the city, fight Zombies, doing such, then all of a sudden, a Umbrella member would run into me, we would then have a gun fight, then more zombies would cover, this means that for a short time Jill and the Umbrella memeber would "team up" to kills the zombies, then once they are dead, you turn on each other once more!

I started a topic on this months ago

The game is terrible. It`s not Resident Evil AT ALL! I mean. Ever since Resident Evil 4. The series kinda losted it`s touch. Resident Evil is supposed to be that game where your scared as shit to fight bosses & go around every corner not knowing if there`s a zombie there. Plus it was a game of Memory & Skill. You had to keep your items weither you wanted to or not. Cause if you just drop that item willy-nilly. Then you`ve just got yourself a dead game. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City has to be the far worst Resident Evil game ever made besides the one with Barry Burton as the main character. The game doesn`t even have the Resident Evil feel. It`s like Black, GUN, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead, & Hitman combined. It`s fuckin ridiculous.

Blame capcom for being greedy idiots. None of the new games and coming new games are ever gonna be better than the first ones (1,2,3 and Survivor), but still, let them change, we can't leave them to do everything the same way (if they release Resident Evil 6 like 4 and 5, then i lost my faith in capcom).

Also, this game is developed by SlantSix and published by Capcom i think, so that's why it doesn't really stick to Resident Evil touch.

(edited)

just fyi, swearing isn't against the rules. only if it's used unnecessary and excessively, or used as an insult towards somepony else.

i assume it was the swearing you irked yourself over in that post, right?

I just dont want people doing it on my threads ^^

I started a topic on this months ago

Sorry ):

Edited by Speedy Transition

(edited)

Im sorry, but this game is horrible.

What i like about it is that its a 4player Co-op and the characters are somewhat badass.

And i LOVE the Resident evil series, so dont take me as a hater.

Actually I liked the controls [Played and will play it more with a Xbox 360 controller] so that's going to have to be something of personal preference.

The A.I isn't the best but I've seen a lot worse.

I honestly don't see any reason to why this game is horrible. I've heard several sides of people either loving, hating, liking or disliking the game.

I must admit, this is FUCKING TRUE.

But still, i really like the game, i still have fun with it playing by myself (Can't buy it off steam because it's blocked in my country, retail versions won't come so i can't play online, i live in Argentina).

I missed having fun on games.

I will agree about the A.I but as I have stated, there's worse out there.

And the controls for me weren't as horrible as everyone has said they were/are.

But then again I do tweak things to the smallest details to get the best experience~

Have you even played Left 4 Dead? This game is VERY different from it.

I still have yet to find this "Call of duty" feel in it as well.

I haven't played Hitman so I can't comment on that.

Blame capcom for being greedy idiots. None of the new games and coming new games are ever gonna be better than the first ones (1,2,3 and Survivor), but still, let them change, we can't leave them to do everything the same way (if they release Resident Evil 6 like 4 and 5, then i lost my faith in capcom).

Also, this game is developed by SlantSix and published by Capcom i think, so that's why it doesn't really stick to Resident Evil touch.

I was about to mention how it was developed by SlantSix and not Capcom, but it looks like you already did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And based from what it feels like, you guys have just been keeping your minds on most of the negative parts.

In fact, the most positive thing I saw was Milkman saying he enjoyed the game despite having to play it alone and I wish I could play it with ya so you wouldn't have to solo it D:

Also, if anyone keeps thinking every modern game that comes out will be horrible then most likely that'll be the case!

Kind of just feels like you guys have your minds closed when playing and not even trying to get into it.

But I could be wrong.

As I have stated, I didn't have any problems with the controls, and if I did/do, tweaking them for the pc version won't be difficult.

The A.I definitely isn't the best but I've seen a hell of a lot worse. Tho it doesn't have that special feel from resident evil in it, I still had fun playing it, and will keep playing it until I get bored of it.

Posted Image

Groups~

R.P.D

S.T.A.R.S

Umbrella

Zombies

I pre-ordered it from steam as well so if you ever need a teammate then gimme a call :)

And you're already looking at my steam name!

Edited by TheBrokenToast
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I pre-ordered it from steam as well so if you ever need a teammate then gimme a call :)

And you're already looking at my steam name!

Agreed in everything you said... I wanted to buy Operation Raccoon City but you know, it's blocked in my country.

Edited by The Baritone Milkman
  • Brohoof 1