Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which villain drove Equestria closest to the brink of destruction?

Peter16373

Which villain drove Equestria closest to the brink of destruction?  

51 users have voted

1. 1. Which villain drove Equestria closest to the brink of destruction?

• Nightmare Moon
    • Discord
    • Queen Chrysalis
    • Nightmare Rarity
    • King Sombra
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • Alternate Royal Sisters (Reflection Arc)
    • Lord Tirek
    • The Dazzlings
    • Starlight Glimmer
    • Tantabus
    • Sci-Twi
    • Rabia
    • Evil Mane 6 (Ponies of Dark Water Arc)
    • Accord
    • Pony of Shadows
    • The Storm King

Just now, Nohate said:

lol that's nothing I read the longest Harry Potter book that has over 1000 pages in under 16 hours.

So you want to here to read like 12 hours here on topic? :twi:

Just now, Nohate said:

Except that she didn't cause either of them. They have always existed alongside the Equestria we know.

Alright, here's what I understand:

1. Starlight uses a spell to go to another universe's past.

2. Starlight prevents the sonic rainboom in that alternate universe.

3. History goes on...

Or are you saying that even if Starlight didn't prevent the sonic rainboom to happen their futures were already fated? If that's so, then it's hard for me to believe so, I think Starlight's actions mattered, whichever universe did they happen.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

3. History goes on...

Or are you saying that even if Starlight didn't prevent the sonic rainboom to happen their futures were already fated? If that's so, then it's hard for me to believe so, I think Starlight's actions mattered, whichever universe did they happen.

Everytime you change something you come into a different timeline. That's it and no more. :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
3 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

3. History goes on...

Do I really have to make myself even clearer. 

1. Starlight cast the upgraded time travel spell goes back to her universe's Sonic Rainboom

2. She stops filly Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom

3. Twilight gets sent to an alternate universe where the Sonic Rainboom never happened that has always existed

Edited by Peter16373
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Peter16373 said:

Do I really have to make myself even clearer. 

1. Starlight cast the upgraded time travel spell goes back to her universes Sonic Rainboom

2. She stops the Sonic Rainboom

3. Twilight gets sent to an alternate universe where the Sonic Rainboom never happened that has always existed

I see your point now, Twilight would be the only one sent to another universe... thanks for the explanation.

Still I don't see what caused the Sonic Rainboom to never happen in those other universes, but I guess at this point it could be anything.

18 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

I see your point now, Twilight would be the only one sent to another universe... thanks for the explanation.

Still I don't see what caused the Sonic Rainboom to never happen in those other universes, but I guess at this point it could be anything.

Starlight stopped the rainboom from occuring in the main timeline several times, which created timelines that branched off of the main timeline in one key aspect (i.e. nightmare moon defeating Celestia and putting her on the moon, Crystal War, etc). Any time you change one thing in the past, it creates branching timelines, it's your basic doctor who time traveling trope.

43 minutes ago, Penguinbrony24 said:

Starlight stopped the rainboom from occuring in the main timeline several times, which created timelines that branched off of the main timeline in one key aspect (i.e. nightmare moon defeating Celestia and putting her on the moon, Crystal War, etc). Any time you change one thing in the past, it creates branching timelines, it's your basic doctor who time traveling trope.

Didn't you read anything. Starlight never created a thing. These timelines have always existed. Because this isn't the time travel theory . It's the multiverse theory like how Barry explains it to Team Supergirl in the crossover. There could exist a universe where Nazi's won WWII, Kennedy was never assassinated, or one where they are evil. MLP has been using he Multiverse theory ever since the Reflection arc in the comics 3 years ago.

Edited by Nohate

It makes you wonder, what is really destruction of the world? You mean conquered, or no living possible, or just gone?

Edited by Hierok

29 minutes ago, Hierok said:

It makes you wonder, what is really destruction of the world? You mean conquered, or no living possible, or just gone?

Well I'm not really sure. I guess my definition would be who cause the most damage as in destroyed and gone.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Peter16373 said:

Well I'm not really sure. I guess my definition would be who cause the most damage as in destroyed and gone.

Then I'm still thinking Discord, because he was just in charge, and he rect like 10 houses when somepony sneeshed.

(edited)
Just now, Hierok said:

Then I'm still thinking Discord, because he was just in charge, and he rect like 10 houses when somepony sneeshed.

I chose the Alternate Royal Sisters because they were causing the two universes to start collapsing onto each other as in two universes being thrown at each other and starting to shatter. But overtime Destruction counts as well.

Edited by Peter16373
  • Brohoof 1

I chose the Alternate Royal Sisters because they were causing the two universes to start collapsing onto each other as in two universes being thrown at each other and starting to shatter.

Never have red the story of them. :) Which comic?

Just now, Hierok said:

Never have red the story of them. :) Which comic?

MLP FIM Issue #17-20 Reflection Arc. It has often been regarded as the best MLP comic arc. It's pretty much about the love story of our Celestia and the other universe's Sombra. Also this was the first time we see Starswirl the Bearded in the comics.

• Brohoof 1

MLP FIM Issue #17-20 Reflection Arc. It has often been regarded as the best MLP comic arc. It's pretty much about the love story of our Celestia and the other universe's Sombra. Also this was the first time we see Starswirl the Bearded in the comics.

This one I must remember. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Hierok said:

This one I must remember. 

That comic arc was what first made me completely invested into the comics. The comic that finally sealed the deal was FIENDship is Magic issue #1 Sombra's backstory arc. It's sequel comic arc was also really good although a lot of people hated it the same way they hated the Cutie Remark.

I can say for sure whatever has Sombra in it will be good.

Edited by Peter16373
  • Brohoof 1

Isn't putting the Pony of shadows in here a bit premature? I mean, we won't know who he/she IS until the finale (or possibly Issue 7 of the LOM comics) till then :P XD

speaking of comics, I hope Issue seven Gives the sirens something ELSE they did that was evil or even retcons their fiendship as an acid trip of Starswirls, given how utterly HORRIBLE that one was; I mean, they didn't even do anything truly EVIL-- everyone seemed to be having a good time listening to them sing and it WAS a concert. I mean, you kind of fail as a villain when you're defeated in your first appearance by having people say mean things to you till you p*** off.

9 hours ago, Peter16373 said:

That comic arc was what first made me completely invested into the comics. The comic that finally sealed the deal was FIENDship is Magic issue #1 Sombra's backstory arc. It's sequel comic arc was also really good although a lot of people hated it the same way they hated the Cutie Remark.

That's weird, most responses to the Sombra Fiendship comic I've seen are almost always positive :/
the Siege plotline people tend to pick apart, but the Fiendship comic alone is generally seen as pretty good I thought.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Isn't putting the Pony of shadows in here a bit premature? I mean, we won't know who he/she IS until the finale (or possibly Issue 7 of the LOM comics) till then :P XD

speaking of comics, I hope Issue seven Gives the sirens something ELSE they did that was evil or even retcons their fiendship as an acid trip of Starswirls, given how utterly HORRIBLE that one was; I mean, they didn't even do anything truly EVIL-- everyone seemed to be having a good time listening to them sing and it WAS a concert. I mean, you kind of fail as a villain when you're defeated in your first appearance by having people say mean things to you till you p*** off.

That's weird, most responses to the Sombra Fiendship comic I've seen are almost always positive :/
the Siege plotline people tend to pick apart, but the Fiendship comic alone is generally seen as pretty good I thought.

Yeah it seems kinda early to put the Pony of Shadows here but since we've already heard a bit about how terrible he is I guess it's ok. Shadow lock said in the comics that his ancestor was a villain that nearly destroyed all of Equestria. That sounds far more impressive than anything that has been said about every other villain. None of the previous villains have ever been said to have nearly destroyed all of Equestria.

Pretty sure the Sirens only appeared on the promotional page.

Not the FIENDship is Magic one. But the Siege of the Crystal Empire one is the comic arc that is similar to the Cutie Remark. Hated by the vocal minority and liked by the majority. 

Edited by Nohate

7 minutes ago, Nohate said:

Not the FIENDship is Magic one. But the Siege of the Crystal Empire one is the comic arc that is similar to the Cutie Remark. Hated by the vocal minority and liked by the majority. 

Eh, I wouldn't go that far for the siege arc. I enjoyed it overall, but I do find that many of its complaints ARE valid (the legion of doom part being utterly pointless, and the "Becomes a real boy" ending being very sugary)-- I still find it to be an enjoyable arc, but I wouldn't dismiss its detractors that easily.

• Brohoof 1

Starlight Glimmer... I was going to say. If it wasn't for the posts on the first page i would easily have considered her for the number 1 spot.

I don't read the comics or follow the movies. Going with the series I would say Tirek. He went on a rampage after becoming almost unstoppable, and would have burned the world (or at least Equestria) to ashes.

I considered Discord as well, but he wouldn't have destroyed the world. He would have changed it into his own realm of chaos and ruled over it. 

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 2

Idk whom to choose. Lord Tirek took all the magic away and made it allmost impossible to defeat him...But starlight did bring all the evil ponys back.... And Queen Chrysalis captured all the princess... Tough question...

(edited)
30 minutes ago, JH24 said:

Starlight Glimmer... I was going to say. If it wasn't for the posts on the first page i would easily have considered her for the number 1 spot.

I don't read the comics or follow the movies. Going with the series I would say Tirek. He went on a rampage after becoming almost unstoppable, and would have burned the world (or at least Equestria) to ashes.

I considered Discord as well, but he wouldn't have destroyed the world. He would have changed it into his own realm of chaos and ruled over it. 

Somebody actually read some previous post woohoo. But yeah if people only watch the show than the villain that I think was closest to destroying Equestria would have to be Tirek. Since by than other than the Rainbow Power nothing else could've stopped him from destroying Equestria over time. But that's for now. The Pony of Shadows might take that title away during the finale.

Edited by Peter16373
  • Brohoof 3

23 hours ago, Peter16373 said:

Sombra is just an awesome character, and I wished his reformation was in the show, instead of the comics. :grin:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Hierok said:

Sombra is just an awesome character, and I wished his reformation was in the show, instead of the comics. :grin:

Yeah but people hated his reformation saying it came out of nowhere. Even though there was literally a scene at the start of the final issue between Hope and Sombra discussing about destiny and how she gave up trying to become an alicorn to be with him. Which was what finally convinced him at the end of the issue to return the Crystal Heart. Also I ship them.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah but people hated his reformation saying it came out of nowhere. Even though there was literally a scene at the start of the final issue between Hope and Sombra discussing about destiny and how she gave up trying to become an alicorn to be with him. Which was what finally convinced him at the end of the issue to return the Crystal Heart. Also I ship them.

Yeah. I think it is best comic of mlp I've seen. Princess Amore is only a little disappointment. She didn't have had enough comic time.

• Brohoof 1