Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most Threatening Villain/Creature in Equestria?

RaraLover

Who do you is the most threatening villain/creature in Equestria so far?

Consider their strengths, abilities, how they were defeated, any weaknesses perhaps, their effect(s) of being present in Equestria, things like that. The most threatening villain doesn't have to be the most powerful.

To keep things simple, let's just the consider the villains/creatures that appeared in the show. So disregard Equestria Girls, any MLP comics, etc.

Reformed villains/creatures can also be discussed.

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 4

Probably Discord or Tirek. Tirek wanted to take all the magic out of Equestria and Discord could literally destroy all of Equestria if he wanted to an the princesses would struggle to deal with him.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

In my opinion, I think the strongest villains in Equestria are Tirek and the Pony of Shadows.

Tirek was so powerful that even Twilight could not do anything about it, nor the other Princesses. They had to call Discord. The fact that Celestia, Luna and Cadence had to give up their to give to Twilight shows how dangerous Tirek is. His intention is to take away all the magic in Equestria. He had to be defeated with the Mane 6 being powered-up. He was never even given a chance to be reformed.

Then there is the Pony of Shadows. He was such a threat that the Pillars of Old Equestria has to take him to another dimension, sacrificing themselves. In the end, it took the Mane 6 plus the Pillars of Old Equestria to stand against him.

I also think Discord could be a big threat as well because he can pretty much do anything. But the fact that he uses his powers for mischief rather than domination or destruction makes him appear a little less threatening, in my opinion anyways.

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 4

The most dangerous villain to show up on the show.. or the most dangerous potential villain?

If i grade the power of all the villains then it would be something like...

1.Tirek

2.Pony of Shadows

3.Discord

4.Nightmare Moon

5.Sombra

6.Crystallis

7.Starlight Glimmer

8.Cozy Glow

Tirek is obviously number one. The rest are just educated guesses to be honest. I always thought characters like Daybreaker or Evil Twilight might be quite powerful though.

Edited by Kadeda
  • Brohoof 1

I'll be honest; I'm not too impressed with Tirek. Granted he was all powerful and possibly the most powerful being at full power, but he had to have help to get there. Had Discord not betrayed Equestria Tirek may very well have been stopped. And as for Discord...he had everything at his fingertips, yet his ego caused his fall; as it always does for Chrysalis. Power counts for a lot, but total reliance on that doesn't make you the strongest villain.

As such, going on the episodes we've seen them work, I'd say King Sombra is probably the strongest largely due to planning, lack of an apparent ego, and general intelligence. Considering he only lost because of Spike and that he had Equestria on the brink during the war without an apparent way to victory; he seems to be the most apparent danger in my eyes.

However if we are talking pure power and not just as a threat; then yeah, Tirek is hard to beat, unless you bring in comic villains like Princess Eris in. :p

• Brohoof 2

I think we overestimate how strong Discord is. He knows a lot of magic but he doesn't seem much more powerful than an Alicorn... especially since we seen Unicorn Twilight block and reverse his spells. Tirek didn't get much more powerful from draining him as well.

Edited by Kadeda
  • Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, Kadeda said:

The most dangerous villain to show up on the show.. or the most dangerous potential villain?

Either I guess...

I kind of discussed both in my post. :P

• Brohoof 4

the most threatening would be the one wich is more probable to be faced by you.

i doubt you will face a melwurk

but i am sure you will encounter a "flim/flam" and/or a diamond tiara on your life

i guess that the scariest moment would be when twilight sparkle stood before the EEA council
because that reflects on being before a judge and lawyer

• 4 years later...

For me, in no particular order: Cozy Glow, Chrysalis, Sombra, unreformed Starlight Glimmer.

• Cozy Glow was very manipulative to get what she wanted, it seemed like she planned that out for months. She literally used everyone without violence to get to what she wanted. To be fair though, Tirek also had to play Discord that way too for his powers.
  • Chrysalis also for the same manipulating + she can disguise herself, but she has to create an alibi which will involve trying to hide the real person she's pretending to be. Identity theft!
  • Sombra, already said by Ashen above pretty much, though I don't agree with "lack of apparent ego". S9 Sombra has an ego, though honestly every villain does (well, every person does... ego isn't just "bad" but that's an entirely different topic):
On 2019-01-11 at 12:06 PM, Ashen Pathfinder said:

I'd say King Sombra is probably the strongest largely due to planning, lack of an apparent ego, and general intelligence. Considering he only lost because of Spike and that he had Equestria on the brink during the war without an apparent way to victory; he seems to be the most apparent danger in my eyes.

• Unreformed Starlight Glimmer, the fact that she could've forced Twilight in an endless time loop of trying to make sure something messes up so filly Dash can't do the Sonic Rainboom seems like eternal torture. Imagine, that would've been her limbo just like the Pillars and the Pony Of Shadows.

Straight up power though would have to go to Tirek or Discord.

Tirek, when he's got loads of strength, is near impossible to beat. However, it takes time for him to get to that point, so when he's anywhere in between he's a lot easier to defeat.

Discord straight up can do whatever he wants, but only for silly things that he finds funny. Like, he could hurt someone, but I think he'd prefer to make it rain chocolate on them instead :P Or annoy them with puns.

I'm pretty surprised that no one here mentioned Grogar yet

I think he could be considered since he was pretty the only one who was documented in story books, others as Tirek or Sombra only were mentioned by Celestia and that's pretty much it, for someone as Grogar to be referenced in books then I believe he must've been truly a huge threat, also, the way Discord pretends to be him, for me it's almost like as he had some respect to the guy.

Also, could be Storm King's army considered? They literally arrested the major part of the ponies including Twilight, transformerd Luna, Celestia and Cadance into stones (or crystals, whatever that is) and struck terror wherever they appeared, during the middle of the final arc of the movie they had kind of practically won, with Storm getting the staff and doing his childplay

I guess it's not considered because it's an army and not a single individual? But didn't Chrysalis had a army too? Tirek got help from Discord, and Cozy kind of got help too, even if it was indirectly.