Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Raising the number of posts for a hot topic.

I_wesley125

(edited)

20 posts is too low I think.

Too many threads get hot and it essentially makes the feature pointless.

If (for example) it was 50 not as many (possibly low quality) threads would be given the "HOT" tag as they are now and the feature would be much more practical.

Edited by Rainbow--Dash
  • Brohoof 6

I was thinking maybe a certain number of posts within a certain amount of time, and also based on how old the thread is.

Like say, a thread is 5 minutes-old, and within those 5 minutes it has gotten, like say 9-10 replies. That would be quick enough for it to be a "Hot" topic, in my opinion.

20 posts is too low I think.

Too many threads get hot and it essentially makes the feature pointless.

If (for example) it was 50 not as many (possibly low quality) threads would be given the "HOT" tag as they are now and the feature would be much more practical.

I think I agree. I've gone ahead and raised it to 50. :)

• Brohoof 7

I noticed this this a while ago and totally forgot about it because essentially its not that important to the workings of the forum as it has no real impact on anything but I too am glad that is has been done.

Seems like a good idea. Most threads do tend to get 20 posts anyway. Not every single thread should be a "hot" one :P

(edited)

I think I agree. I've gone ahead and raised it to 50. :)

You have no idea how amazing it is to have staff and especially an administrator that directly responds to feedback and makes changes to his site based on the desire of the community. You're the reason this is such a popular forum and you really deserve the praise you get. I honestly hope you're making money off of this. You put in way to much time here to not get anything in return.

Edited by Ezynell
  • Brohoof 2