Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Family Matters (1x1)

GoldieS

"You all seem pretty riled up about this... Storm you have every right to be... I can't imagine what that was like." Maple, as she took another drink of the ale, watched the scene paying the Wolf warriors a lot of attention given she was around a lot of them, She wanted to learn about them and the way they fight, she agreed that Serpent's forces were terrible yet... "At least they let them live... Look at those warriors... All those civilians... I mean for the injured warrior it's mercy, and the warriors took the chance in a fight too... but for the non-combatants, it's just kinda cheap." Maple was probably expressing such disapproval in the wrong area but for some reason, she didn't realize that

"Salacious? War?" Woody turned away from the Twin tails and looked at them when they reminded him they could see through the eyes of their followers he blushed embarrassed "Well... I'm glad that you came" He looked and noticed Shadows wasn't present in the group. A look of uncertainty crossed his face before he saw War and Salacious start to fight, "HEY! Now is not the time you two... We need to deal with him. So put that rivalry aside for now... Please." Woody turned back to the Twin tails just after which he glanced at 2 two and then grinned "Besides this was my plan, So he's technically mine."

• Brohoof 1

Instead of getting angry, those that heard here merely laughed at Maple. A few even poked fun of her, Storm included, before they turned their attention back to the battle. 

"Oh come on, it'd be wrong not to!" The sphinx finally managed to reply. "We don't cause suffering, so no one lives when we roll through. Old, young, colts, fillies, doesn't matter. Sides, leave one alive and they'll just come back to fight you later, and they'll probably do it dishonorably. We're doing them a favor, least they won't suffer."

Storm nodded in agreement. "Yah, what do you think happens to the ones we miss? They turn into honor less revenge seakers. Or they'll turn into another Sole Survivor... and no one wants that."

Quartz nudged Maple. "The Sole Survivor's like the opposite of a chaos prince. Or, well, opposite of Old Saba anyways. They got other names for the other three. Oblivion Walker, The Doctor, and Lone Wanderer. There were two more a long time ago for the the father and the old one too, but I forgot what they were called."

"Yup. And each one's created when we don't do our job." Storm concluded. "So, in order to keep the balance, we kill everyone! Not that it isn't fun too. It's a blast." 

The two were surprised by his claim to the trophy. Slug merely chuckled.

"Well, I suppose if it's a competition, I should throw my hat in as well?" Slug smiled jokingly. 

The twin tails, meanwhile, was busy undoing his armor and gear. He pulled a string around the cloth that covered his tail. Along with his armor and robes, it burst open to reveal an ethereal celestial tail and main. His main and tail were a visage of the stars themselves, sparkling with comets streaking by and galaxy hanging in the ether. His white coat was a stark contrast to the celestial main and tail, forms not unlike the two of the rather famous Alicorns of Equestria. 

His tail split like the two tails of a streaking comet, as he stepped forward and flared his giant wings. "How many more have to suffer before chaos falls?"

"Shut up! I don't like the way your voice sounds!" War snapped, swinging her blade and leveling it towards the Twin Tails. "If you won't take this seriously from the beginning then just die!" 

She leapt forward, bringing her sword down in a powerful overhead swing. Another spike, or finger of pure light exploded from the earth in an arching pattern to block the attack. As the two forces connected, the earth beneath them shattered and formed a massive crater, while the air rushed back with incredible pressure. 

"W... Wow I never really figured that... But again... Not always does that happen... I guess mercy work differently here than it does back home... Well... I guess I'll either adapt or head home, Mine and my brother adventurous vacation kinda spiraled out of control. Tartarus seems to have that effect." Maple drank the last of her ale downing the remainder in a single go. "I could use some more..." She said with a chuckle

Woody jumped when War attacked, He reacted quickly to it moving around the Twin Tails and using a dark energy focused on those tails of his. He was trying to cancel out Twin Tail's magic his magic alone wouldn't do it. Now knowing that Woody started to sing a melody similar to earlier, he brought up a huge vine under the Twin Tails bringing him up, The vines grew outwards into a platform, Woody stopped time and approaching Twin tails before unfreezing it quickly "Haha! Try using that magic of yours up here!"

• Brohoof 1

The serving mare was on top if it, jumping to Maple the moment she pout her mug down at made the comment, refilling it quickly but this time with the orange version of whatever ale she was so fond of serving. Storm gladly took a little bit of some as well, mixing in with his own vanilla ale. 

"Hey, life's rough." Quartz commented. "Whatever, doesn't matter. All that matters is that we kill our enemies when the time comes."

As everyone was busy watching the battle, or the tactical movements of the two opposing forces as the case might be, a bird found its way into the hall. No one seemed to notice it, but it managed to perch on maple's shoulder. It was a white raven. With a black and gold seal on the parchment. The bird quickly took off and disappeared. 

"An assassin plans to murder your brother, and has the means to do so. Present this parchment and seal to a gateway to return to the mortal realm and eliminate this assassin. Time is limited."

That was all it said. Why couldn't all marching orders be so short sweat and to the point. Though, of course, she still needed to kill that red team leader. Maple couldn't just abandon her current mission for some random piece of parchment. 

"Hey, where'd you get that?" Storm asked. 

"I'm the Twin Tailed Comet, do you honestly believe my powers are limited to the earth?" The alicorn asked Woody, raising a brow as War, Sally, and Slug joined them in the sky. 

He took flight as well, spreading out his wings he pushed back to gain some considerable distance. War only smiled with extreme delight, while Sally sighed in annoyance. 

"This is what I'm waiting for! Change already so we can fight!!" She shouted at him. 

The Twin Tail's obliged. His very form began to change, from something earhtly and physical to... something else. Something more akin to Tantibus or a constellation beast. He was enormous, but the three chaos gods currently present weren't about to be outdone by an alicorn... they to decided to adjust their forms for the fight ahead. They became titans. 

Sally became that same vicious feral serpent from before, fur bristling beside her shining scales and jagged teeth. War joined her sister but kept her upright form and weapons, which of course grew to match her size. Slug was something else entirely, branching out with massive wings that obscured the horizon, mouth wide open like a basking shark to go along with his massive belly. 

They dwarfed Woody, making him look as if he were an insect among giants. They nearly reached the ceiling of Tartarus high above the clouds. Just by transforming all for of them scarred the landscape. Fortunately, the Twin Tails had taken them to a barren desert of canyons, pillars, and plateaus. 

Woody was forcibly teleported quite a distance away, miles away, but even then he could clearly see the titans before him squaring off. 

"You've done well, my little brother. Far exceeding my expectations." Shadows stated, standing there and looming over Woody as he too watched events unfold with his wings folded in front of him to conceal himself like a cloak once again. "You have a great deal more to offer for Tartarus and your own world."

A smile crossed his raven beak. 

Maple took the refill with a "Thank you" She noticed the parchment before she took a drink of it and she read through it. After she read the letter she dropped the mug She knew that the leader was something important however her brother was potentially in danger, if War killed her over it, so be it She knew she had to leave. "I... I have to go... Please... Tell me were the gateway is. This... It's really important." Maple showed the parchment to Quartz. "The Red team leader can wait... This is really important."

Woody was intimidated when the Twin tails changed, Then his siblings did and he felt a bit safer but he couldn't do anything like that nor did he have time to write a new song... He was then teleported away by Shadows, Who then Expressed what seemed to be pride in him "Thanks, I really do try, Family fighting, it creates quite a large gaps..." Woody looked out at the giants about to fight He summoned his songbook and flipped through it taking the pen out that he kept in there "We need to help them. I know the 3 of them are strong but I fear that it's not enough."

• Brohoof 1

"What, don't like the ale?" Storm replied, raising a brow and grabbing her mug to eye it suspiciously. "They got like the best around... we could always hit up the one in the village over."

Quartz looked over the paper and rose a brow. "So what, you're just gonna take off on the word of some random piece of paper? Where'd you even get it? Plus, you can't just go through a gate and get-"

She paused, looking over the seal on the note. "Oh, well still, it's probably a trap!"

"I'm confused..." Storm added, trying to get a look at the letter as Quartz flailed around with it, grabbing in vein with his claws. 

"Do you honestly think your added power would make the slightest bit of difference little brother? Our strength doesn't lie with our physical forms little brother." Shadows replied to Woody, then hesitated, clearly displeased with something. 

"I must admit, but I don't know why. Where a simple yes or no would suffice I find myself speaking at length to you, even revealing my thoughts and plans. A weakness I've not yet shown to any other, not even Sally. I waste words with you, let my emotions get the better of me... why?" He suddenly asked Woody, before shaking his head, rubbing his black beak in dismay. "Perhaps it would be better to send you away..." 

"No matter. I know the Twin Tails better than he himself, the field of battle has already been prepared. He won't win today." He stated. "However, allow our siblings to play, to think their efforts made a difference. It will help them bond." He concluded. 

Edited by GoldieS

"What if it's not a trap! My brother is in danger and I'm the whole reason he's in Tartarus in the first place." Maple stood up looking around an hesitating heavily but, albeit resentfully, she decided to trust the letter "I will return here to kill the blood team's leader... But this is much more important to me... If my brother got hurt... Then I'd never forgive myself... It's not something I expect

Woody closed his songbook, Shadows was right, He wasn't exactly a strong draconequus compared to his siblings, at least... not yet. He listened to Shadows spill about him letting his emotions out in front of him When he asked why Woody was ready to answer "You find me something of an equal brother... You may not think I can face you but I mean more of you see me as someone trustworthy or someone you desire to get along with... for whatever reason like you see I could bring you power... or a stronger feeling of kinship... It's not my place to say just my theory..." Woody watched the battle start to unfold... and he smiled looking at the 3 of them "You know what... I think they got this." 

• Brohoof 1

"Wow wow, wait a minute! Why don't we come along?" Storm replied, starting to get excited. "You know, help you speed things up so you can get back here in no time!" 

Quartz smiled at the idea, but the sphinx was a little unsure of what exactly was going on. The two twins were listening as well, but it was clear they were just as lost. 

"I'd be up for that! Get's kind of boring in here if you stay for a while, would be nice to stretch my paws and get a feel for how things are in the world of the living for a little bit." Quartz commented. "Ah... provided the seal works as a group thing... not entirely sure how all that stuff works. Never even seen someone get a pass before." 

Storm practically jumped up, checking all his equipment that had been returned by Quartz. "Yah, just make sure you got all you need first." 

"Mmmm...." Shadows idly groaned at Woody's assessment. 

It was truly a clash of titans upon the landscape before them. War of course opened up first, slicing with her now giant sword and shattering the earth creating giant chasms and exploding earth with every swipe. Salacious, using her shere length and feral strength continually attempted to wrap around the ethereal twin tails, but of course he continued to slip through her grasp prompting her to conjure giant arrows and swords to charge after him, along with giant pillars of earth. Meanwhile, Pest used his immense gullet to draw the air and atmosphere into his belly, going so far as to tear pieces of the Twin Tail's form off and into his mouth, taking more than a few bits of landscape with it. 

But the Twin Tails matched their combined strength. Giant pillars of light exploded from the earth, like steaks or crosses, bright angelic beings of equally titanic size chained to them reached out to grab at the chaos gods and drag them into the earth. Several stars appeared around the Twin Tails, spawning storms of bright arcane bolts to strike them. 

"now, my own contribution. I may lack strength, but I know others far better than they know themselves. I knew he would take you here to fight, thus it was only reasonable to prepare the battlefield to defeat him instantly." Shadows stated. 

The earth beneath Shadows and Woody began to glow a dark purple, a giant line with runic inscriptions extended in two directions to form one massive circle. Once the spell had begun, Shadows stepped out of the ring, and gestured for Woody to do the same. 

Maple smiled at Storm and quartz "Thank you both. Really I mean it. Now if it's a trap I've got you two to back me up!" Maple then looked t them both. "I'm... glad you're coming. I don't really know where to go for this Portal... Gate thing." Maple smiled to the two of them and she hadn't really removed her own gear, mostly because she didn't exactly trust War's followers, so she was ready to go when they were.

Woody watched the battle, Silently rooting for his siblings. His body movements conveyed that he was happy they were doing good. They then got dragged to the ground and Woody cringed He looked at his brother and what he was doing. "Really?! Good job Bro! way to think way ahead. Man not even I would've thought about this." He was trying to make Shadows feel good about himself to Earn his trust mostly. Woody casually walked out of the ring Shadows created "I can't wait to see my awesome bro use his magic!"

• Brohoof 1

"Hey!" The sphinx she had beaten soundly jumped up from her seat in a tizzy. "Where do you think you're going! You're not getting away from me that easy!" 

The twins got up from their table as well, trailing behind the first one. She still wanted another duel, but not with those two backing her up of course. Storm and Quartz practically ignored them, getting up to start for the exit, leading the way to one of the portals. 

"Awesome! Plus, it'll be quicker, and you can get back to the important stuff, killing that blasted Red team leader!" Storm practically cheered. 

Quartz just rolled her eyes. "I just want to get some fresh- err cave air I guess. I think I know where it is. But... I don't really know how the seal works. We may not even be able to tag along with you so... don't get your hopes up..." She warned. 

Shadows gave a slight smirk, but instantly scowled when he realized he did, glaring at Woody for a moment before changing his focus back to the spell. Their siblings didn't appear to be any the wiser, too busy dealing with the battle to notice the giant black eye rising from the ground like an ethereal hill, devouring anything and everything it touched. It spanned from horizon to horizon, engulfing the entire battle field. Long black tendrils rose from the eye, grasping and wrapping around anything in reach, but focusing on the Twin Tails titan. 

He was caught by surprise, struggling to fight the abyssal thing as it slowly dragged him into its darkness. Salacious, War, and Pest all recognized what was happening, and flew back to beyond the border of the eye to avoid its gaze. 

And with that, the twin tails was devoured. Not dead, you can't kill a god, but trapped wherever the abyssal eye took its victims. It disappeared, and Shadows gave a slight sigh of satisfaction as the landscape changed back to normal, albeit largely destroyed by the battle of the Titans.

Maple, Like the other 2 ignored the sphinx "Well even if you can't it means a lot that you at least wanted to help me." Maple stretched, "I'll do my best to keep it quick. I still do want to kill red team's leader. Since the red team has my bow. But saving my brother is way more important than that. Let's get to that portal and hope that you both can come... Hope's all we've got for now. Let's get going." Maple smiled at the two and optimistically trotted out of the bar.

Woody hugged Shadows suddenly though due to the difference in height, despite it being small, it was a bit awkward. "You did it bro! Gah! That was so cool!" Woody sounded really excited, like a fan meeting their favorite person. "I mean that was like a giant eye thing and Woosh it just took him away just like that! You must've had that ready for him for a long time. That seems like you, being prepared in advance in order to take on a challenge!" He moved away from Shadows "You should really teach me some magic. I bet I could learn a lot from you!"

• Brohoof 1

Storm and Quartz lead Maple to the very same portal they had entered into the highlands from the cave battleground from. As Maple approached it, the thing began to change and swirl into a whole host of colors, like the surface of a thin bubble. The small company of warriors traveling with her perked up and ogled the portal with a bit of curiosity and excitement. 

"Well, that's it." Quartz stated, gulping. 

Storm scratched his head a little. "Usually its red. Well, always red. Guess that means your note worked? Well, only one way to find out!" 

The griffon struck a pouncing stance, shaking off a little and licking his beak in anticipation. Suddenly, he bounded forward and dove through the portal first. 

"Eh, what's the worst that could happen?" Quartz joked nervously, slowly passing Maple to head in next. 

The sphinx scoffed, stepping up beside Maple while the twins moved to the other side, eyeing the portal with wonder. "Tsch, you're not getting away from me that easily... until I get my rematch, you're not leaving my sight!!" 

Shadows started to brood, looking as if he were pouting the moment Woody touched him. He clearly wasn't one for physical personal contact, completely opposite to his older sisters. The draconequus continued to avoid Woody's gaze. 

"Perhaps it would be beneficial to ensure you have, at the very least, a rudimentary knowledge." He replied begrudgingly. 

At the same instance, the other three came down in their lighter more mortal friendly forms. War for whatever reason, looked furious and angry. 

"Why did you do that!?" She demanded while shouting in his face, squaring up to Shadows. "We could have easily torn him apart! He was nothing!" 

"Oh my 'Tia..." Maple put her head in her hoof, it was apparent that she was annoyed with this sphinx "Look... It's going to wait. I don't care how much you want to fight. Let me go and You'll get your Rematch when I come back. Deal?... I'd take this because it's the only way you're getting that rematch. Pfft... Don't even know why you want to lose again so badly anyways." With that Maple trotted her way through the portal. If the Sphinx followed... Well, the duel would most likely be lethal to one of them.

"Actually War, Shadows here just put the twin tails somewhere he won't bother our family any longer. I know you 3 could've done it but... Well, the landscape would've Been shredded to bits... So I for one am glad he ended it rather quickly. It was a waste of time for all of us and a danger to the environment." Woody said dismissing it. "You all were so cool! I mean War your slice caused a canyon! And Slug What power! I mean you could eat a whole in time and Space! Salacious you where so cool. You knew that he kept running so you fired those arrows trying to tire him! All of you are so cool!" Woody was trying to flatter them but at the same time was genuinely amazed by how cool they were. "I hope I can grow up to be like you all. I can see I've got a lot to learn."

• Brohoof 1

"That's not how it-" The sphinx was cut off as Maple entered the portal.

With a growl and an annoyed stomp, she ran in after her. The twins followed along after her with due haste. 

On the other side, Storm and Quartz stood examining themselves. They... clearly didn't look right. It was an absolute horror show! Storm was missing half his skin, with several large cuts across his form beneath his armor and equipment. Quartz looked like she took the wrong end of a blunderbuss right to the chest and face, and the sphinx as she angrily followed behind maple, was missing half the flesh on her face. 

That being said, none were writhing in agony or bleeding profusely. Maple herself however, was perfectly fine. The twins didn't look to bad either, until one noticed the cuts around all their paws. Again, didn't bother them. 

The portal had let out into some kind of cobblestone basement. It was old and disheveled, broken crates and barrels lying around covered in dust. 

"Awesome!!" Storm shouted, still looking himself over, but more interested in the world he had returned to. 

Quartz took a long deep breath. "I miss this smell..." She said with a smile.

War was the only one not to smile in satisfaction and delight at Woody's comments. She merely stood there, leaning on her sword with a scowl. Pest placed one of his stubby hands on Woody's head, ruffling his main a little. 

"Well little brother, you're one to talk." He said with his usual warm and fatherly smile. "I can't wait to see your powers blossom, to see what special abilities you use in battle."

Salacious merely blushed, but ate up the praise none the less. She struck a most hammy pose as he mentioned her, adjusting her main a little as a matter of factly. 

"Well, it was fun while it lasted..." Salacious finally stated. "Too bad we won't be doing anything together for the next thousand years or so... again." She added in a huff, crossing her arms. 

The rest seemed to share the sentiment, though begrudgingly. They tried avoiding eachother's gaze, but when they couldn't, merely glowered at one another. It made things rather awkward...

Maple, once she first got through the portal immediately looked around trying to gather where she was, that's when her eyes crossed over Storm. Her pupils shrank and she recoiled but avoided screaming, she didn't know who'd hear that aside from the group she assembled itself of course. "W-Wait... That doesn't... Hurt?" Maple gave herself a look over and saw that she was fine. "Oh no... That must mean the portal rejected you few in a way. I'm sorry. L-Let's get this over with alright maybe once we head back it'll undo that damage." Maple pulled out the letter and read over it. "The assassin... I don't really know anything about them. The letter only mentions their existence. Do any of you have an Idea how to find them?"

Woody too shared the sentiment the other felt after hearing what salacious said. He, however, was more open about it his face showing disappointment. He looked down but then he decided to look up. "That... Doesn't have to be true. I mean you all can spend quality time like that together... The first thing stopping you is wanting to kill each other... Can I take a moment and truly ask... Why you all have such a... Distaste for one another."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Hu... this looks about familiar..." Quartz lamented, shrugging off her apparent injury. "Well, I think we classify as undead now. Could be worse, at least we can still move and everything." 

Storm seemed a little... displeased with his appearance. "Yah... tell me about it... Don't worry Maple, could be worse. At least we're out here again!"

Quartz cringed when she noticed Storm's skinned appearance. It would seem they had reverted to their physical forms just when their souls split away from their bodies. As such, they retained the physical appearance before they left. Fortunately, they could still move about, likely allowed to do so via magic rather than biology. Good thing too, or else the twins would just be walking on stubs, and Storm would be a bleeding sack of flesh on the floor. 

"Psch, whatever. It makes little difference." The lead sphinx scoffed, doing so through the missing half of her face. "As long as you hurry up so I can have my re-match."

The entire time, the little invisible undead creature sitting on Maple's back looked on. He didn't seem effected at all, adjusting his little hood and remaining remarkably still and weightless on her back. 

The basement opened up into the first floor of a shop, one which clearly had been ransacked recently. There were streaks of blood across the floors and counters, fabrics and clothes strewn about the store. Just outside the windows, shouting and hollering chaos warriors ransacked the city street. 

Quartz finally thought of a solution to finding the assassin. "Well, there's lots of ways to figure out who it is. Could always talk to a shadow master... if we could find one... there's the great Cabal, he literally knows everything."

"Don't forget Ravens. You could ask one of them... if you can convince them to help you..." Storm scoffed. 

"Hmph!" Salacious huffed, crossing her arms at Woody's question. "I'm certain we've told you multiple times why it won't work." 

War merely growled, turning away from Salacious to cross her own arms in anger. "Reason hasn't changed!"

"He is right you know..." Slug interjected. "We can be a family, we can make this world a better place for our children. If only we worked together, but... not merely work together, work for a common goal. We can be more powerful than we ever were alone." 

Shadows slowly began to nod, albeit begrudgingly. "Pest is... not wrong. Nor is Woody. As he suggests, I believe we all need a common goal to work towards. One which will stress all of our unique talents to accomplish." 

He looked down to Woody. "Woody, you mentioned something earlier... I can't recall what it was. What long term task could possibly bring us together?"

Edited by GoldieS

"I like the sound of this... great Cabal. Let's not waste any time. Because like storm said, "Sooner we get this done, the sooner we can get to the blood team leader" It was something like that. Maple noticed the skirmish going on outside. She showed an apparent distaste for it, She wanted to stop it... It was her world now but she couldn't. "So... Where are we heading now?" Maple checked her armor making sure it was still on tightly since she was going to travel a lot.

"Well, when I got here in Tartarus it was rather apparent from the start. The place is split. It's suffering because of that. This whole world..." Woody moved a paw out to the horizon. "It's fighting... Killing itself. That said at this point it's very fixable. When I got here Shadows told me there was a lot of opposition to you 4s control on Tartarus and it was too much for each of you to handle apart. Grim was the reason I found one of the opposing forces. That said, you don't have to wait to handle it. I just dealt with the problem myself as you saw. All it takes is you being fed up with something and bam, You've got all the reason to attack your lessers. I mean you four are GODS you shouldn't have to listen to anyone!" Woody grinned at them. I mean Tartarus might not've been as bad as he was leading them to believe but it was something they could work on.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Too easy!" Storm replied, examining the chaos outside with delight, before suddenly frowning...

Quartz nodded. "Shouldn't be a problem. We just gotta find an airship, hop on, and take off towards Cobalt Bay. Well... depending where in the world we are now..." 

The sphinx scowled. "Tambelon." She said simply, flicking her head to the particular creatures fighting outside. 

They were serpent cultists, almost all of them. Eldeer highlighted by garish pinks, purples, and shiny blacks along with their shaven pasty white pony and griffon followers. They certainly stood out, hauling the civilians out of their homes and throwing them into the streets to chain them up. Some were seriously injured, just bleeding out in the streets, while a few unlucky off to the side were... being tormented for the cultists' amusement. 

Storm took an aggressive stance, ready to pounce, but the cultists hadn't noticed them inside the building. "We can just let these blasted witches get away with this!! I say we charge out and kill every last one of them! They're not going to just let us walk by anyways... might as well get the advantage of surprise." 

"Are you kidding!?" Quartz grumbled. "Maple is a Vampire, and we look undead. They won't give us a second thought, and if they do, all she has to do is say she's a shadow ranger or something." 

War turned around finally, raising a slight brow. "Well... we defeated the Twin Tails... there aren't many stronger than he in raw power." 

"Tsch," Salacious scoffed, "We've tried that before... and it fell apart instantly! This is a waste of time I'm afraid. At least you tried Woody, I'll give you that much." 

Shadows spoke up quickly before Salacious could leave in a huff. "Wait, we need to do it differently this time. And this time, we have the means to do it. Woody... I know you may not have been interested in staying, but your presence here could be used to greater effect. I don't know if I could ever call you undivided... but you're a chaos god in your own right. Will you stay and help to moderate our four factions?"

Edited by GoldieS

Maple growled silently watching what they were doing. "No way... I want to fight them. Look at what they're doing... It's just wrong... In every sense of the word. There's 6 of us. So we can take them. I mean I'd be saying otherwise if the armor they used actually protected them from hits." She drew her knife checking the edge. "Any objections to a fight?" She looked more at Quartz and Storm not paying much mind to the 3 sphinxes

Woody was about to shout at Salacious but before he could he was taken aback by Shadows' suggestion that he stay, He didn't waste any time thinking about it "Yes. I'd love to stay here if it keeps you 4 from fighting more. Plus I'm just getting to know you all! I'd love to stay here with you 4. If I'm needed I'll do my best to stay impartial if I need to settle something but I think it's not just our own but the best interest of all of tartarus. Plus like Slug and Shadow's both said... I've got a lot to learn!" Woody said happily and optimistically

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Psch..." The sphinx scoffed. "They're just a bunch of pretty boys. They're no challenge..." 

She drew her giant bastard sword. The other two cats looked pleased as well, scraping their metal claw weapons against the wood floor to test their sharpness, considering they'd just stepped through a portal. 

Quartz sighed in resignation. "Well, I guess I can't complain. What's wrong with a little fun here and there." She had no weapon, but pounded her fists together. 

"Yah! Alright!" Storm shouted, drawing his sword. 

Without any sort of planning or much hesitation at all, the skinned undead griffon dove through the shop window out onto the street, tackling the closest eldeer to them to the ground. In an instant he had his weapon driving into the deer over and over again like a maniac! The others charged, shouting and growling. 

The other deer was in shock, trying to draw his repeating crossbow and kite shield. It didn't matter though, Quartz just yanked the shield away from him and proceeded to beat the ever loving crap out of him. The other cultists, shocked but not deterred, charged brandishing short swords and spears. They were shaven ponies, pale creatures with black tatoos across their bodies and occasionally pouches or belts. The sphinxes smirked and smiled, hooting and hollering as they dove into them, the leader of the three cats smashing away at the cultists. 

Meanwhile, the captives, perhaps two dozen in all linked by chains and ropes in a line, cowered in the middle of the street. It was a mix of young and old alike. 

Salacious spun around in an instant, blinking several times. She looked on the verge of jumping up in delight, but she tried to hide her delight at Woody's choice to stay... failing miserably of course. Slug merely gave a sigh of relief, while War shrugged indifferently, though there was a sparkle in her eye. 

"Well," Salacious stated nonchalantly, "If you... do happen to want to stay... likely you'll need a realm for your followers. A... base of operations as little Shadows would say." 

War rubbed her forehead in dismay. "Just spit it out Sally! You're the be- I mean... no one else wastes their time piling dirt on top of dirt like you... so if you want to teach him how to do all that junk, then just ask. Waste of time though..." 

"Oh! You senseless brute you," She replied in a joking manner, "Nothing is a waste of time when you're immortal!" 

Edited by GoldieS

Wasting no time Maple ran out after the other and nocked an arrow drawing it back, firing the shot at a cultist she selected at random. She repeated the process with speed and finesse as she fired at several others until she saw some of the less fortunate civilians and fired shots at the tormentors, she worried she'd hit the civilians but she didn't have time to run over to them otherwise too much damage would be done.She flew up to the roof of the building the portal had dropped the group out of and looked around hunting more tormentors or seeing if they were taking hostages somewhere else.

"War... You don't have to be rude about it you know that right... You could have just told her she was the best at it." Woody smiled to salacious "And somewhere to stay would be great. A nice cabin in the woods would do great..." Woody hesitated running a paw along his mane as he realized something "You think that's rather bland... Huh?"

• Brohoof 1

The unarmored cultists fell fairly easily to Maple's bow, along with the relentless onslaught of her followers. Fortunately, the bat's keen eyes and experience kept her arrows true, and away from the captives and prisoners. By the time maple made her way up to the roof, her group was finishing up the Serpent followers, their attack hidden by several overturned carts down one side of the street, and some rubble on the opposite. 

From where she was she could see the city's sorry state. Columns of smoke rose from the air, some buildings were half collapsed and blown apart, and purple and pink banners with a snake blazoned in shining black hung from the fancier structures, including the cathedral like castle in the center. Everywhere she could see, it was the same thing. The cultists were rounding up the inhabitants of the city, dragging them out of their homes to either chain them or have a little fun with them. 

"And what is a brute like you doing here? Shouldn't you be west of the Arienel fighting off the warriors from Talebheim?" Someone said, tisking as he faded into existence on a rooftop just across the alley from Maple's. 

It was another cultist. A deer, clad in purple, pink, and black robes beneath shining scale male armor. He was skinny like the others, with tiny cloven hooves, and done up in some makeup to accentuate his facial features.

"Now now, it was already decided *we* get to take the city. Why don't you run along and leave my slaves to me? Wouldn't want this to get unpleasant... you're lucky you ran into me and not one of my other colleagues as is."

Salacious swirled around woody, giggling. "Oh you! Don't be so silly... simplicity can be beauty just as much as extravagance! It's about the care, the devotion to its being that matters!" 

War merely rolled her eyes, making a gagging gesture. She turned around shaking her head. 

"I'm leaving. We'll talk later, runt. I have a bone to pick with you anyway." War grumbled, fading into her own realm. 

The serpent rolled her eyes. "Ignore her! She's just jealous we get along so well." She said, nudging Woody. "Now, I'm going to teach you everything you need to know to get started. How to build your own realm!"

"Pardon the interruption..." Pestilence chimed in, friendly enough and with a chuckle. "But if you want trees, I'm afraid she's still learning. Additionally, I would love to teach you the finer principles of biomancy so you might create flora and fauna for your realm." 

Salacious merely scrunched her nose in displeasure at the accusation that she was still a novice when it came to making living things. Well, compared to his skill at creating living things that is. 

AS she fired Maple smiled at her own success. When she heard the dear speak to her rose a brow as she knocked another arrow, She didn't pull the string back... yet. She looked at the deer with her bow at rest leaned against her shoulder "I'm not some brute... And I don't think you understand what you're doing here... I've heard about what you few do and I'm not just letting that slide... You can let the civilians go or there will be more trouble than you bargained for." Maple glared at the deer "After all... Looks can only get you so far." She felt that the deer would be easy to take, disregarding the fact they just materialized onto the roof. She wanted a good duel, despite not following any of the current chaos gods she really acted like one of Wars followers.

"Oh, I'm not ignoring her comment. I know she just has an odd way of showing affection.Well... The runt comment kinda hurt. That aside, she means well deep down I know it!" Woody said smiling. He looked at slug "Ooh! Biomancy, that's a fun word to say! Biomancy." He repeated, he still liked the way it sounded. He was gently swaying side to side on his legs, as he was standing quadruped, at the moment. His carefree personality was him trying to get the others to like him better since that was mostly his goal now that he would be staying here. "What are we waiting for? I'm itching to get started!"

• Brohoof 1

The deer merely chuckled. "Oh? What we do? Well, at least we don't waste life like you lot."

His nose scrunched in displeasure as his antlers began to channel magic. Roughly a dozen ethereal pink swords rose from the ground to hover in the air, along with several simple kite shields mixed in between. He wiped off his elegant battle dress, freeing it of several little muddy spots. 

"Mhmm... you'd rather slaughter these pathetic creatures. I understand, you're of simple mind after all. Me? I prefer to give them a second chance, a chance to be something more than just training dummies for you fools. Well, no point in explaining things to you. Just know I'll only use you as a trophy for my dining hall after I remove your limbs. You have and exquisite coat!" He complimented. 

Three of the swords shifted upwards, pointing towards Maple before shooting towards her at lightning speed. The spun in the air, making them difficult to see anything other than a pink blur hurdling towards her. 

Pest beamed in delight. He seemed all the more happy to start giving Woody a few pointers.

"It's certainly a delightful skill. But, it's also important to remember you are merely the catalyst for the creation of living things." Pest explained. "They aren't yours any more than happiness or anger is." 

Salacious rolled her eyes and gave an audible sigh. "Yes yes, anyway, we're just waiting for you darling. Have you ever created your own little dimension? A place to enjoy your privacy from time to time? It's an excellent place to create your realm, a place only you may access on a whim. Others might learn how to pop in and out... but ultimately it is you who decides who comes and goes. Of course, you can do even more there than out here, especially if it's parallel to Tartarus where our magic is strongest."

"You must be the one to create it, brother." Pest added. "Else, it won't truly be yours. We must only offer guidance." 

He gave Salacious a sidelong glance, to which she rolled her eyes in annoyance. 

Maple tossed her bow, arrow still knocked into it, into the air, "Well they don't deserve to be tortured by you lot!" She flew into the air catching her bow and firing the arrow, drawing another one and firing it within a few seconds of airtime. Firing the second, she realized that she needed to start moving around "Personal I don't want to kill them either. I mean... I'm not even one of War's followers." She was talking trying to distract the deer or make them do something reckless so she'd have an opening. Little did Maple realize talking was throwing her off.

Woody jumped and brushed his mane. "Right, sorry. I have created a dimension before... I got rid of it that time since I mostly used dads..." Woody flips through his songbook and tried to locate the spell, HE found it and started to sing, IT was similar to that he used to transform the mountain from before, Very grounded and deep sounding but it had a mix of different tunes and for some reason... It sounded far off despite him being beside his siblings. He sang for a good amount of time before he reached a paw out and well... Pulled back reality to reveal a gateway to the new dimension. He was tired, Sweating and taking deep breaths "T-There... I think I did it right." As it stood the new place woody created was completely blank. As He had created it but it still lacked anything inside it.

• Brohoof 1