Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Best Friendship lessons

Star Petal

I am going to be doing some research soon for a video for my Youtube channel. I want to make a video for what I think the Top 5 Friendship lessons are, but I want to hear opinions from other ponies what they think some of the best friendship lessons are. I haven't put any time into it so far yet, but two that come to mind for me are these two.

1. The episode where Trixie and Starlight become friends. This whole episode is all about second chances and how to forgive someone whose qualities outweigh the mistakes they might make. Your friend could very well be the "read deal" and truly be someone who cares about you and junk. It is heavily enhanced when factor in that both Starlight and Trixie had never had a friend before, and both characters were being ostracized by the communities they lived in all because other ponies couldn't full forgive them for what they did. Leaving both of them, while never being subject to what the other did to have all that happen to them in the first place, to be able to see each other for whom they truly are without the dark tinted glasses of disgust or hate. They were able to understand each other, probably better than anypony could ever understand them, or they themselves. 

2. It isn't the mane thing about you - This episode had a great friendship lesson; With the perfect character for the episode it taught us that your outer looks do not matter so long as you feel good about yourself on the inside. 

What do you ponies think the best friendship lessons are? 

25 minutes ago, Star Petal said:

I am going to be doing some research soon for a video for my Youtube channel. I want to make a video for what I think the Top 5 Friendship lessons are, but I want to hear opinions from other ponies what they think some of the best friendship lessons are. I haven't put any time into it so far yet, but two that come to mind for me are these two.

1. The episode where Trixie and Starlight become friends. This whole episode is all about second chances and how to forgive someone whose qualities outweigh the mistakes they might make. Your friend could very well be the "read deal" and truly be someone who cares about you and junk. It is heavily enhanced when factor in that both Starlight and Trixie had never had a friend before, and both characters were being ostracized by the communities they lived in all because other ponies couldn't full forgive them for what they did. Leaving both of them, while never being subject to what the other did to have all that happen to them in the first place, to be able to see each other for whom they truly are without the dark tinted glasses of disgust or hate. They were able to understand each other, probably better than anypony could ever understand them, or they themselves. 

2. It isn't the mane thing about you - This episode had a great friendship lesson; With the perfect character for the episode it taught us that your outer looks do not matter so long as you feel good about yourself on the inside. 

What do you ponies think the best friendship lessons are? 

Well there was an episode from season 7 that involved Flutershy creating an animal sanctuary in the forest and annoyingly I can't remember the name of the episode but hopefully you know what episode I'm talking about! The episode is basically saying that absolutely any new thing is possible even if nobody understands the concept of your creation before it's created! :)

5 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Well there was an episode from season 7 that involved Flutershy creating an animal sanctuary in the forest and annoyingly I can't remember the name of the episode but hopefully you know what episode I'm talking about! The episode is basically saying that absolutely any new thing is possible even if nobody understands the concept of your creation before it's created! :)

You mean Fluttershy leans in? ;)

I think the best was of the season 2 premiere.

I have a few that could work.

• Rarity Takes Manehattan: "Don't let someone's ability to take advantage of your most positive quality change who you are." Suri Polomare plagiarized Rarity's work for her personal gain, leading Rarity to distrust even her best friends. When she didn't see them in the audience, she began to wonder if she crossed the line and damaged her friendship with them. When your trust is broken, sometimes you lose trust with those you care for, even if they did nothing wrong.

• A Health of Information: "Your ability to take care of yourself affects your ability to take care of others." This episode did a marvelous job treating Fluttershy's pursuit to cure Zecora as selfless instead of selfish. Cross that to real-life; just about everyone here has risked our own health at some point or another to care for a loved one. When we rest, we mentally accuse ourselves of being selfish, when it's the opposite. Mage Meadowbrook helped others while not sacrificing her own health.

• Flutter Brutter: "It's okay to fear failure." Taking the episode aside since it executes it poorly, failure has a massive stigma, because it makes people feel doubtful. Society treats failure as a punishment rather than a tool to improve. The mere thought of failure is enough to make people not want to attempt to succeed. But you can't succeed unless you challenge failure dead in the eyes.

• Slice of Life: "Everyone matters, no matter how big or small your role is." Mayor Mare ties this moral with the audience she sees. Everyone in Town Hall has provided a major impact in not only their communities, but also in Cranky and Matilda's ability to marry through an impromptu wedding. Tie it in to the brony fanbase (and its metaphor is blatant), and it's a message of how important everyone who viewed the show and helped make the brony fandom grow and thrive. Mayor Mare's speech (representing DHX and everyone else working on the show) is telling the viewer (the brony fandom) you matter.

• Discordant Harmony: "Friendships aren't determined by how much in common you are with them, but by how much you appreciate one another." This moral works tremendously for Discord and Fluttershy. Prior, no episodes truly showed each other as good friends; this is the first to do so. Neither of them have anything in common, and given Discord's childlike naiveté about friendship, it leads an effect on him that threatened his very existence. This moral works, because it rings so true to almost everyone here. Everyone has at least one friend who's pretty opposite in what you do, from hobbies to tastes to food to preference. That's completely okay. In fact, the person you may have nothing in common with can possibly be your closest friend.
  • Brohoof 1

Actually, since MLP affected me so much, the one where they made a bit of fun on rainbow dash when she was new and she took it too personally, that made me rethink some stuff irl. And overall just being happy for the friends you have, treating them fine and that also.

10 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

I have a few that could work.

• Rarity Takes Manehattan: "Don't let someone's ability to take advantage of your most positive quality change who you are." Suri Polomare plagiarized Rarity's work for her personal gain, leading Rarity to distrust even her best friends. When she didn't see them in the audience, she began to wonder if she crossed the line and damaged her friendship with them. When your trust is broken, sometimes you lose trust with those you care for, even if they did nothing wrong.

• A Health of Information: "Your ability to take care of yourself affects your ability to take care of others." This episode did a marvelous job treating Fluttershy's pursuit to cure Zecora as selfless instead of selfish. Cross that to real-life; just about everyone here has risked our own health at some point or another to care for a loved one. When we rest, we mentally accuse ourselves of being selfish, when it's the opposite. Mage Meadowbrook helped others while not sacrificing her own health.

• Flutter Brutter: "It's okay to fear failure." Taking the episode aside since it executes it poorly, failure has a massive stigma, because it makes people feel doubtful. Society treats failure as a punishment rather than a tool to improve. The mere thought of failure is enough to make people not want to attempt to succeed. But you can't succeed unless you challenge failure dead in the eyes.

• Slice of Life: "Everyone matters, no matter how big or small your role is." Mayor Mare ties this moral with the audience she sees. Everyone in Town Hall has provided a major impact in not only their communities, but also in Cranky and Matilda's ability to marry through an impromptu wedding. Tie it in to the brony fanbase (and its metaphor is blatant), and it's a message of how important everyone who viewed the show and helped make the brony fandom grow and thrive. Mayor Mare's speech (representing DHX and everyone else working on the show) is telling the viewer (the brony fandom) you matter.

• Discordant Harmony: "Friendships aren't determined by how much in common you are with them, but by how much you appreciate one another." This moral works tremendously for Discord and Fluttershy. Prior, no episodes truly showed each other as good friends; this is the first to do so. Neither of them have anything in common, and given Discord's childlike naiveté about friendship, it leads an effect on him that threatened his very existence. This moral works, because it rings so true to almost everyone here. Everyone has at least one friend who's pretty opposite in what you do, from hobbies to tastes to food to preference. That's completely okay. In fact, the person you may have nothing in common with can possibly be your closest friend.

All magnificent lessons. I would also add the many that we see in Perfect Pear surrounding healing, memory, forgiveness, and love are among the best this show has to offer.