Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Two theories of who Spike's father is

Whirlwindmark

I have two theories.

1. He is actually a quilin(dragon-pony) and is indeed part pony, and his father is an earth pony, his mother left him and he gave the egg to Celestia because he thought he was not good enough to raise a child.

2. Since we never saw her mother, what if...Torch is his father? I mean that would be a big shock to everyone, just imagine 

Spike and Ember: Torch?! But that means, your my....(look at each other awkwardly) gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssp!

Maybe be I just like the idea of Ember being his big sister. 

Edited by Whirlwindmark

20 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

1: No. I don't buy into the crossbreeds thing and find it a rather goofy OC thing.

2: Would be pretty awesome actually. I would support this.

Agreed. I love the idea of him being Torch's son and Embers little bro.

I just feel he and Ember work so well as little brother and big sister. 

Plus it's perfect. Torch wanted big strong kids, instead he got Ember and Spike.

• Brohoof 1

First one is just meh, not really buying it. The second one COULD be an option, though I'm not completely on board with it. 

I have my own theory on the matter. 

One Thousand years ago many villains and enemies of Equestria fell to the Princesses and the Elements of Harmony. We still don't know all of the ones they defeated during that time, however there is a common thread with all of them. These adversaries gained their power through some form of Disharmony and were sealed away in various different ways. 

Sombra gained his power through Betrayal, the crystal Empire and was sealed away in ice by the Elements of Harmony, only to be released one thousand years later. 
Tirek gained his power through Cruelty, stealing the magic of other creatures for himself and was sealed in Tartarus by the elements of harmony, only to be released one thousand years later. 
Discord conquered Equestria through his power as the spirit of Chaos and was sealed in Stone by the Elements of Harmony, only to be released one thousand years later. 
Nightmare Moon gained her Nightmarish form through her Jealousy against her sister and was sealed on the Moon by the elements of Harmony, only to be released one thousand years later. 

And a Wingless Dragon Lord, whom grew to unparalleled sizes through the power of his Greed and the size of his hoard was sealed in an EGG by the elements of Harmony, only to be released one thousand years later... by Twilight during her entrance exam. 

It would explain why Celestia has been so tight lipped about his origins. She STILL hasn't told Twilight where he came from even as a Princess. It would also explain why they have anti dragon defences in Canterlot with those trees. It would also explain why Celestia chooses to send messages through Spike instead of handing Twilight a book like she did with Sunset Shimmer. That's right, Celestia already had a method of communication that is faster and more efficient than sending letters through Spike, so why does she use Spike when it has the potential to incapacitate him if she does it too much. 

it's BECAUSE it can incapacitate that she has that connection to Spike. If Spike were to ever give into greed and grow into enormous sizes and try to take over Equestria, Celestia can just blitz out letters through his Maw until he falls unconscious. It has been shown that he cannot stop the letters from coming, so you could make the argument that its that way specifically to knock him out regardless of where he is, specifically because of his past. 

This theory most likely is not true, but it makes for some great fanfic fodder. 

• Brohoof 1

1. Nah man that seems reaalllyy unlikely

2. Could be possible but again pretty unlikely

Honestly I think the reason we know nothing of Spike's parents is because they are both dead or because they left Equestria and abondoned Spike as an egg.

Celestia or one of her servants just happened to stumble upon the egg and use it for magic practice.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
42 minutes ago, Spilight98 said:

Honestly I think the reason we know nothing of Spike's parents is because they are both dead or because they left Equestria and abondoned Spike as an egg.

Celestia or one of her servants just happened to stumble upon the egg and use it for magic practice.

Booooring.

1 hour ago, Buck Testa said:

First one is just meh, not really buying it. The second one COULD be an option, though I'm not completely on board with it. 

I have my own theory on the matter. 

One Thousand years ago many villains and enemies of Equestria fell to the Princesses and the Elements of Harmony. We still don't know all of the ones they defeated during that time, however there is a common thread with all of them. These adversaries gained their power through some form of Disharmony and were sealed away in various different ways. 

Sombra gained his power through Betrayal, the crystal Empire and was sealed away in ice by the Elements of Harmony, only to be released one thousand years later. 
Tirek gained his power through Cruelty, stealing the magic of other creatures for himself and was sealed in Tartarus by the elements of harmony, only to be released one thousand years later. 
Discord conquered Equestria through his power as the spirit of Chaos and was sealed in Stone by the Elements of Harmony, only to be released one thousand years later. 
Nightmare Moon gained her Nightmarish form through her Jealousy against her sister and was sealed on the Moon by the elements of Harmony, only to be released one thousand years later. 

And a Wingless Dragon Lord, whom grew to unparalleled sizes through the power of his Greed and the size of his hoard was sealed in an EGG by the elements of Harmony, only to be released one thousand years later... by Twilight during her entrance exam. 

It would explain why Celestia has been so tight lipped about his origins. She STILL hasn't told Twilight where he came from even as a Princess. It would also explain why they have anti dragon defences in Canterlot with those trees. It would also explain why Celestia chooses to send messages through Spike instead of handing Twilight a book like she did with Sunset Shimmer. That's right, Celestia already had a method of communication that is faster and more efficient than sending letters through Spike, so why does she use Spike when it has the potential to incapacitate him if she does it too much. 

it's BECAUSE it can incapacitate that she has that connection to Spike. If Spike were to ever give into greed and grow into enormous sizes and try to take over Equestria, Celestia can just blitz out letters through his Maw until he falls unconscious. It has been shown that he cannot stop the letters from coming, so you could make the argument that its that way specifically to knock him out regardless of where he is, specifically because of his past. 

This theory most likely is not true, but it makes for some great fanfic fodder. 

Nah, I'll stick with he's Ember's brother. Ps what anti dragon weapons? I haven't seen any. (Comics do not count)

then again, Spike being a villain is a good idea.

Edited by Whirlwindmark

35 minutes ago, Whirlwindmark said:

Booooring.

Nah, I'll stick with he's Ember's brother. Ps what anti dragon weapons? I haven't seen any. (Comics do not count)

then again, Spike being a villain is a good idea.

Not anti dragon weapons. Anti dragon defences. Remember those trees that dragons are allergic too in Canterlot? They didn't put those there on accident. 

8 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Not anti dragon weapons. Anti dragon defences. Remember those trees that dragons are allergic too in Canterlot? They didn't put those there on accident. 

Ahh. That makes sense. Good idea seeing dragons still hold racist views of ponies(cept Spike and Ember) and again if can be minimal racism(meaning not committing attacks on ponies)

Either that or his mother was an evil dragon overlord(like an Dragon Empress) and hid egg is actually 1000 years old and only recently was hatched.

She might still be around in Tartarus.

26 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Does Scorpan have any part in these theories? I really think he was the one that gave his egg to Celestia. So I'm not a big fan of #1. #2 sounds interesting though! I wouldn't mind that!

That would be interesting to tie them together.

On 19-10-2017 at 3:47 AM, Spilight98 said:

I agree. While it seems pretty awesome Torch being Spikes father, I would rather have the parents to be unknown and probably dead. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

On 10/18/2017 at 6:23 PM, Whirlwindmark said:

I have two theories.

1. He is actually a quilin(dragon-pony) and is indeed part pony, and his father is an earth pony, his mother left him and he gave the egg to Celestia because he thought he was not good enough to raise a child.

2. Since we never saw her mother, what if...Torch is his father? I mean that would be a big shock to everyone, just imagine 

Spike and Ember: Torch?! But that means, your my....(look at each other awkwardly) gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssp!

Maybe be I just like the idea of Ember being his big sister. 

You mean Spike and Ember would be half-siblings?

I think Spike's father should look like an adult version of G1 Spike. 

10 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

You mean Spike and Ember would be half-siblings?

I think Spike's father should look like an adult version of G1 Spike. 

I guess. Still it would be awesome.

Ember: Look this isn't hard for you, it's strange for me too, Spike.....I,..I mean...(smiles) little bro.

• 2 years later...

You would think it would be a simple matter for Twilight to ask Celestia where the hell they got the dragon egg before they gave it to some random kid to hatch.

And for what it's worth: If they knew so little about dragons, how did they know it was ready to hatch? Twilight could have ended up with a dragon abortion instead of an assistant.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 8:47 PM, Spilight98 said: