Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever heard a false rumour about yourself?

Reecejackox

• 1 month later...

Yes of course, I'll try to make it short !
There was that girl I was dating a few year ago, she decided to broke up with me for some reason, but the rumour said that it was me who broke up with her BECAUSE she refused to have sex with me... Which was totally not true !
I've discover some week later that this rumour has been launched by a guy that was in love with my ex GF and was jealous to see me dating her and invented that fake info !

Since I rarely interacted with anyone during my time in school--and in life for the most part--there have been no false rumours spread about me. However, there have been some misconceptions about where I'm from.

• Brohoof 1

Once when I was back in grade four there was a kid who didn’t like me and we were nemiseses or whatever and at school we could sit on the floor to eat so him and his squad were on the floor and he told everyone , I quote “Liam is a stupid fucking idiot and should kill himself” and my friend Denton from kindagarden told me and I confronted him and that kid said, I quote once again “ dude we are friends I’m just messin” and proceeded to hug me ??????

Well, there were a few rumours that I was dating people (and I'm just going to say people, since I don't even know their names), or that I was a good match for someone, but nobody really believed it, so it didn't bother me anyway. (But it was SUPER annoying for the people who actually believed it, even though it was close to none, because they kept bothering and bothering me about it, even though I CLEARLY said I wasn't interested.)

(But it wasn't too bad though, because it only lasted for a short while (aka, not even a week), but it was still annoying as HELL.)

Other than that though, I've never really had anything.

• Brohoof 2

In college, someone went round and told people that me and an old friend were in a relationship. Bearing in mind; I'm gay and she's a girl. They should of done research first... :lol:

• 1 month later...

Most recent would be that I'm suicidal, but that's mostly wrong.

Longest standing one would be someone spreading that I'm gay, think that started in 2013 and I still have guys adding me thinking maybe I'm single and looking. TBH it doesn't bother me, but it upsets me that they get upset when I tell them I'm straight :/

There haven't been many rumors about me since I'm not known by many people, but there has been a couple during secondary school. Though I'll never be sure since it's hard to tell if there are rumors going around or not. A few people in secondary school had apparently spread a rumor that I'd been sitting on my friend's lap and tongue kissing with her although that was so far from true that it was almost hilarious. :wat: One can just wonder why they came up with such a thing.

I think that most people have heard a rumor about themselves, especially if you attended a public high school. When I was in high school, a good amount of rumors were spread about me due to someone being bitter about a decision I had made.

• 1 year later...
(edited)

I don't think I could count how many of them were around. The most prevalent ones being that I had some sort of contagious disease or something and that X girl liked me (which they never did, and I never did either... Even though they thought I liked several girls due to something inappropriate and rather embarrassing...). Though in one girl WAS into me! :blink: But it's cool, she understood I don't like girls that way. Though that should have been obvious when she saw me dancing with a guy at the dance and actually enjoying myself (with girls it was always extremely awkward). :)

No wonder I lacked self-esteem for the longest time. :unamused: But now I have it back! :D

Edited by DusksuD

I’m not sure about false rumors. No one ever says them to your face. I expect there are one or two true rumors circulating about though; even here on the forums, where I’ve heard some quiet rumblings here and there. (Don’t worry folks, it’s nothing bad!!)   

I remember one rumour from school in particular. It was that I was a lot older than I actually was letting on. People had claimed I was 17 to 18 years old, before I had even turned 14. I had no idea how it began, but it eventually faded.

The only rumours about me that I can recall were honestly pretty funny ones. They mostly revolved around my Italian surname, which is really uncommon where I live. Some of my favourites were that I was a descendant of Mussolini or that I had connections with the mafia. You know, the usual patter. :laugh: