Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Opinions in Sonic Forces?

Sovereign Leader Rarity

This year, I hope that many of you will agree, has been, in my opinion, one of the absolute best and most interesting years for video games for quite some time. We've had true masterpieces of platformers, RPG's and more. One of these successes was undoubtedly delivered to us in the form of Sonic Mania, a truly great game that hit all the correct highs that I want a Sonic game to hit and, most people in that regard seem to agree with me, calling it a return to form for the series and a "Sonic renaissance" of sorts. However, I was skeptical as it was only one half of the story.

As Sonic Forces got closer and closer to it's release date, public opinion on the game declined, going from a great game, to a good game, to a remarkably average one. I've seen a significant amount on this game, review scores ranging from 4s to 7s and with all of that conflicting opinion in mind, I've been wondering whether or not I should get the game and if it's worth my time.

I played and loved Sonic Mania, and for all I know I could find this game significantly better than some reviews are giving it credit for, but, at the same time, I really don't want to waste my money on something when I could simply buy a game that is much better. Give your opinions on the game down below if you have purchased and played it and try to give me a little guidance on the situation. Keep in mind that I own a Nintendo Switch as opposed to either of the PS4 or Xbox One, so while I appreciate advice on the game as a whole, information on that version specifically would be especially helpful, as there has been some debate about whether or not the downgrade in visuals and frame-rate is worth it for the portability or not. 

Here's a delightful little ditty to enjoy on my behalf.:grin:

• Brohoof 1