Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite “crazy” theory from this fandom?

ShootingStar159

There has been some crazy speculation over the years, and seldom do these speculations bear fruit. What has been your favorite one?

My favorite was spreading just after the season 2 finale, the idea that Queen Chrysalis was actually Luna in disguise. That Luna was still evil, and launched the attack on Canterlot herself. 

Edited by ShootingStar159

Five nights at freddy's lore. it's bizarre as f**K and pretty much annoys me as well. There's so many ridiculous theories, that I don't know where to start.

7 minutes ago, TBD said:

Five nights at freddy's lore. it's bizarre as f**K and pretty much annoys me as well. There's so many ridiculous theories, that I don't know where to start.

Oh. I, uh, meant crazy theories from this fandom. I guess my post title could have been clearer. 

• Brohoof 1

One theory that I liked (that has now been debunked) was that Starswirl the Bearded had gone down a dark path and eventually became King Sombra. Now, that was not a far-reaching theory and I don't recall it being all that well supported, but I remember preferring that one over the Starswirl is Discord one.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ShootingStar159 said:

Oh. I, uh, meant crazy theories from this fandom. I guess my post title could have been clearer. 

oh, I didn't know you meant mlp fandom...well shoot, i got nothing then.

14 minutes ago, TBD said:

Uh...this topic is in the Show Discussion section, which is focused on the Friendship is Magic show. I think this post should go in a similar topic under Media Discussion.

My Crazy theory is that I'm somehow the reincarnation of Spike's Dragon Father from over 1000 years ago, and as much as my wife and I wanted to raise him, we were going to literally disappear and/or die. So we gave his egg to a certain red bespectacled storytelling Unicorn who time-traveled from the future who would make sure their child will be in good hands. Oh and the mother was a past reincarnation of a certain Element of Magic-bearer! :wacko:

Edited by WiiGuy2014

3 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

One theory that I liked (that has now been debunked) was that Starswirl the Bearded had gone down a dark path and eventually became King Sombra. Now, that was not a far-reaching theory and I don't recall it being all that well supported, but I remember preferring that one over the Starswirl is Discord one.

The Starswirl is Discord is the one I figured most people would know, I never heard the Sombra theory though, I’ll have to read that one later. 

6 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Uh...this topic is in the Show Discussion section, which is focused on the Friendship is Magic show. I think this post should go in a similar topic under Media Discussion.

I just click what's the title read, in  a "new topic tab". I didn't bother looking at what section it was under. Till you mentioned it.

Edited by TBD

@PathfinderCS

Actually, my other theory is that StarSwirl is actually the offspring of Sunburst and Starlight Glimmer.

Spoiler

Shortly after his birth, he would fall into a time portal where he ended up centuries in the past. He was raised by others without knowing who his biological parents were.

Starlight_and_Sunburst_create_a_black_hole.png.d4a5f71d65df644428f295bb44bbf22f.png 

Think about it! StarSwirl could have inherited his gene of growing facial hair and knowledge of Magic from his father Sunburst.

Sunburst.png.c554ff0daa5ab270253ad808a33bca5d.pngStar_Swirl_the_Bearded.png.ef51cb4b9615b949f202997b74a60db8.png

And he could have inherited his mother, Starlight's powerful abilities. 

Star_Swirl_the_Bearded_casting_his_magic.png.564807194d700c747ecc62964b2d4310.pngStarlight_Glimmer_firing_magic_at_Pharynx.png.1567fdf63ded46a974543fef9fd3c030.png

Plus the irony of the fact that Starlight messed with her future son's time-travel spell....

Starlight_Glimmer_casts_magic_on_scroll.png.91f985f088fce7025c32e74f55cbae38.png

As well as the look she gave him at one point that just screams "a mother disappointed in her child"

Star_Swirl_the_Bearded_realizing_his_mistake.png.70e068c231337cdc4e585cc57112c0c1.png

What do you think of that theory?

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

36 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

One theory that I liked (that has now been debunked) was that Starswirl the Bearded had gone down a dark path and eventually became King Sombra.

Credit where it's due -- evil sure gave him the mother of all clean shaves ( :lol: ):

Star_Swirl_the_Bearded_ID_S7E26.png

king_sombra_by_sallemcat-d9ftg1r.png

• Brohoof 1