Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Freemasons

heavens-champion

3 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Can the Freemasons be considered a secret society? They seem more like a private club, since a lot of people know about it.

Who knows? What happens inside of there is secret. Perhaps they have a whole secret society!? 

Or perhaps they really are just a private club. We don't know. 

My father is a Freemason, he owns all the fancy suits, a sword and insignias, but he tells me nothing. Not allowed to tell me and won't ever tell me unless I join the Freemasons. 

Their secrets are well guarded

There's a freemason "lodge" in my town with the symbol above the doorway.

I know that they're present, I imagine all the secrecy is for secrecy's sake, leading to nothing

I suppose they could both be a private club and a secret society, I mean I wouldn't really know because I'm not a Freemason, though if you walk around pretty much any town with old brick buildings you can probably find at least one with their symbol above the doorway, so they could be a society with how spread out they are and how ingrained they are in architecture, though they could also just be a very large private club for important people, again I wouldn't honestly know.  

They have secret ceremonial rituals and that is about it.

They were also behind every single catastrophe in the world, apparently.

1 minute ago, StrawCherry said:

What is "Freemasons" ...? :blink: I feel a bit dumb for asking, but Google isn't giving me a simple answer and I don't understand it.

The Fraternal order of Freemasons is secretive organization with routes in pre-american Europe. Their origins were largely steeped in political and social discussions, in places where free speech was not yet a concept. Their imagery and rituals are highly biblical in nature. The "mason" aspect of their identity is taken from the ancient stone masons guilds who built temples in biblical times. The use of the compass as their symbol, with a g in the center means that all creation and design has god at it's center. For most of their history membership required that you be a white christian male, but now all races are welcomed, there is some flexibility in regards to religious affiliation, and women are welcome to join a separate group that is part of the overall organization. 

M 1.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...