Is there a word for people who know all of the color shades, like Rarity?

Unity

So this Is a bit of a dumb question but. I have noticed that Rarity knows not only the name of about every color but the name of all their shades as well. Is there a name for somebody who also knows all or slot of color shades?

Untitled.png

5 minutes ago, BronyNumber42licious said:

Obsessive. Color shades are made up. Go to the paints at the store and see the hundreds of colors with ridiculous names.

Not sure if I understand you completely, but im pretty color shades aren't really made up.

Untitled.png

2 minutes ago, BronyNumber42licious said:

Yeah, they make no sense. You can't have 200 names and expect them to make sense.

Yea, I guess so. But some of them are actually used

Such as Magenta, Royale Purple, and butterscotch.

• Brohoof 1

Untitled.png

17 minutes ago, donttellmum said:

The names of the colors? 

Actually every name is made up. Names were not written on the colors, people or earth it self. :P

Jokes aside, I think @BronyNumber42licious is right. Rarity is obsessed with colors, and she needs to be in order to work in the dress industry. 

• Brohoof 2

If I don't understand something or Interpret it wrong, I'm dutch. Sometimes I gamble for meanings of the words. And sometimes I write the wrong words, like week and weak for example. Sorry for it already. :smug:

Discord, Twilight, Sunset, Fluttershy, Starlight, Rarity, Luna, Celestia, Big MCintosh, Cadence, Shining, Minuette, Lyra, Rara, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Derpy, Spike.

!Feel Free To Talk And Walk Where Ever You Like On This Forum!

2 minutes ago, Hierok, Scoffer of Music said:

Actually every name is made up. Names were not written on the colors, people or earth it self. :P

Jokes aside, I think @BronyNumber42licious is right. Rarity is obsessed with colors, and she needs to be in order to work in the dress industry. 

Yea agreed

• Brohoof 1

Untitled.png

Females?  That's the only term that comes to mind.  Apparently females are in fact capable of seeing more colours.  Of course, certain hobbies or jobs can also enhance one's colour palette.  I used to work at a store that sells clothing and housewares, and now I can see the colour cream and quite a few others, which I couldn't before.  

• Brohoof 4

'Artistic' would be a fitting word. Possibly 'Observant' which is instrumental in being artistic. I live with my cousin who is very artistic and seems to notice colors, shadings and the way each is affected by light, while I just stare at the same stuff and say, "Yeah, that's green, that's red" and so on. It's all in how one embraces one's surroundings. 

• Brohoof 1

Color names are a human concept. Colors themselves are simply wavelengths of light that hit our eyes. So yeah, if she knows all the names of the colors, it’s because she felt like she needed to learn them to do well in the fashion industry.

• Brohoof 2

FinalM6Banner.png.1fc5746b51cf455ac51ccb9004ac818a.png

MLP Forums' own PUNK ROCK pony!

Alternative rock, pop punk, punk rock, and a lil’ bit of emo. ;) 

3 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

Color names are a human concept. Colors themselves are simply wavelengths of light that hit our eyes. So yeah, if she knows all the names of the colors, it’s because she felt like she needed to learn them to do well in the fashion industry.

Gotcha

Untitled.png

As an aspiring UI/UX designer, this is one area I really need to pump up my skills and knowledge. Doesn't help that I am partly color-blind (particularly with some shades of green and gray)

“All Muslims are like a foundation, each strengthening the other; in such a way they do support each other.” (Abu Musa, Bukhari & Muslim)

“Say: He is God, who is One. God, the Eternal. He begets not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him.” (Chapter 112, Qur'an)

• 2 years later...

Firstly, we have to hear Rarity actually saying she can do that. Secondly, if she could, she would call herself that word you are looking for. So, if there was a word, and Rarity could describe herself as being what that word means, then she would have said the word.