Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cattail Custom

dakotadarkhooves

There's this minor character from Season 7 Episode 20 of FiM named Cattail. He's a bayou pony and I fell in love with him when I watched the episode. So when I noticed I had a G1 baby fakie lying around that had the perfect body type for him, I decided, why not?

This is my first completed custom and I am completely stoked with how he came out!

ct6_by_dakotadarkhooves-dc5t11d.png
ct1_by_dakotadarkhooves-dc5t1i0.png
ct3_by_dakotadarkhooves-dc5t12c.png

ct2_by_dakotadarkhooves-dc5t10m.png

ct4_by_dakotadarkhooves-dc5t124.png

ct5_by_dakotadarkhooves-dc5t11s.png

How He Was Made:
- I removed the fakie's mane and tail completely, and then cleaned off the original eye paint with non-acetone nail polish remover
- I painted the base coat with acrylic paint that I mixed to create the perfect color for Cattail's body, and the painted his facial features/cutie mark on.
- I applied a bit of gloss varnish to his eyes and nostrils, and then sealed him with matte spray lacquer.
- I used yellow yarn, combed out a bit to better resemble hair, for his mane, tail, and facial hair. His mane and facial hair were glued directly to him using low-heat hot glue, and his tail was put into the old tail hole and fixed to the inside with hot glue. I then used yellow thread to tie his hair into its style.
- I made his vest out of green felt, and the symbols on it were hand-painted with acrylic paint.
- His hat, bandanna, and hair ties were all made with painted craft foam pieces that were glued together.
- His two necklaces were both made from painted elastic cord, and the brown one has three gold rings crimped around it.