Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you customize your clothing?

ManaMinori

The vast majority of my clothes are customized creations. I love to go to thrift shops and buy old costumes from the ‘80s (when I can find them) and make a few tweaks of my own. The older styles already have more flair than what I usually find on the shelf in most stores, so making a few minor alterations to make them ‘pop’ isn’t very hard to do.  

(edited)

Only thing I've done to modify/customize my clothes would be cutting my old jeans and turning them into shorts. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

• 2 years later...

Not normally. Closest was cutting the hood off an old Shinedown hoodie due to my old jobs safety policies. However I am working with my mom to add patches onto this white denim jacket, if that counts. 

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Lately, I have been thinking about customizing more and more.

I don't have sewing skills or anything similar, but I have been so tempted. With prices going up everywhere, and with me having a harder and harder time finding clothing that really fits my unique sense for fashion and style, it is so tempting. Especially when plain, solid color shirts are so cheap, and raw materials are just so affordable. Even if total costs for everything ends up being the same as a designer shirt, at least I'd be in charge of the design.

Maybe I'm just too old, but I could have sworn I had an easier time finding designer-looking clothing when I was younger. Perhaps kids just have more options than adults realize? :confused: