Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TEMPEST SHADOW RETURNS

Steve Piranha

Clickbait :D

Spoiler

Actually, shit is legit, she's indeed returning in the comics, possibly touching upon her backstory 

Tempest’s Tale,” Part 1 of 2.Tempest, a former foe, is exploring Equestria to learn more about love and friendship. Her travels take her to the Crystal Empire where she will come face-to-face with the pony who set her down a path to villainy! Will she come to grips with her past or return to treacherous ways? 

Well, one interesting thing to notice is that it mentions a single pony that made her what she is, while we all know she was friends with two: Glitter Drops and Spring Rain, but that pony could be the yet unnamed yellow unicorn the former two supposedly left her for :huh:MLP67-coverRI.jpg

MLP67-coverB.jpg

MLP67-coverA.jpg

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 3

Had to hide a couple of posts. When posting, please consider how they contribute to the discussion at hand.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Had to hide a couple of posts. When posting, please consider how they contribute to the discussion at hand.

Thank you.

It looked like they saw the trololo and didn't expect the actual info below the vid 

• Brohoof 2

Since the movie is apparently being treated as direct canon by the show itself, I was really hoping this was in the show itself. Mainly because I wanted see her in the standard animation for some reason. Any new character development would also be nice but I guess we are getting that within these comics. If they give her a much more detailed backstory than in the movie, then that is also very welcomed. Another reason I wanted her in the show though, was to see more of her when she isn't being edgelord pony 9000.

2 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Since the movie is apparently being treated as direct canon by the show itself, I was really hoping this was in the show itself. Mainly because I wanted see her in the standard animation for some reason. Any new character development would also be nice but I guess we are getting that within these comics. If they give her a much more detailed backstory than in the movie, then that is also very welcomed. Another reason I wanted her in the show though, was to see more of her when she isn't being edgelord pony 9000.

I'm pretty sure Tempest would have gotten that treatment if not were for how expensive and busy  Emily Blunt is. Seriously, I've seen no less than 2 movies with her lately. Don't worry though, a hippogriff student and seapony cuties aren't exactly coincidence, trust me

(edited)
1 hour ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

I need this comic. I'd love to see WHO exactly that pony is that started her down her path to villainy. Can't wait.

Yeah, I've never been this excited for a pony comic since legends of magic was announced. I'm pretty sure we'll get to know that yellow unicorn, but I expect a twist that Spring Rain and Glitter Drops defend her from Tempest, revealing the latter IS the one who abandoned them. At least that's true according to A Stormy Road to Canterlot, and we know the comic writers pay attention to the books from time to time. Just ask Princess Mi Amore

:dash:

. Speaking of her, how are they going to solve her arc since Sombra will apparently return as evil as ever in the show tho :confused:?

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

Admittedly when I first read the synopsis my brain was screaming "OMG SOMBRA IS IN THIS," but I think I was a tad too quick on that. XD

Still; should be very interesting. Gotta have more Tempest in my life!

On 3/22/2018 at 1:05 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Hide contents

. Speaking of her, how are they going to solve her arc since Sombra will apparently return as evil as ever in the show tho :confused:?

I'm still under the impression that that one's just a rumor.

3 hours ago, FizzyGreen said:

YeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAHAHA FUNNY AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAA :(

Why I got the impression you didn't bothered to read the rest of the post, or any other post whatsoever  :dash:. Or the fact it wasn't posted yesterday, but earlier, and it's not closed yet :D

3 hours ago, A.V. said:

I'm still under the impression that that one's just a rumor.

Spoiler

I doubt it, saw the vectors from the leaks themselves 

• 3 months later...

Well, I'm surprised no further discussion was made considering that the comic was already released, and one of Fizzy's ex-friends who allegedly shunned her: Glitter Drops, is a supporting character. After finding out about it, I couldn't wait until the graphic novel was released, so I had to resort in reading it for free online. One thing to note here is that Tempest is the main character, no other Mane6, no other recurring characters; those play minor roles in kicking off the arc. As suspected, this will be focused on Tempest facing her past, and what made her the pony she is today. I approve the introduction of Glitter, and how the story is portraying her on a sympathetic light, considering that how Tempest told her story in the movie could be a case of Unreliable Expositor trope, much like Syndrome in The Incredibles. Stormy Road to Canterlot seems to be the case of such, and it wouldn't be the first time the comics writers made their homework with supplementary material 

I've read both parts 1 and 2 and I gotta say the writers did a great job getting a visual of Tempest post-movie. It reminds me of Sunburst Glimmer meet each other and reconnecting what was lost. 

Spoiler

The fact that Tempest lost her horn over a ursa was pretty surprising to say the least. To be honest, I was expecting a much 'edge-lord' type of backstory. 

Question: Did Tempest ever get her cutie mark? 

9 hours ago, TransitPony said:

I've read both parts 1 and 2 and I gotta say the writers did a great job getting a visual of Tempest post-movie. It reminds me of Sunburst Glimmer meet each other and reconnecting what was lost. 

Hide contents

The fact that Tempest lost her horn over a ursa was pretty surprising to say the least. To be honest, I was expecting a much 'edge-lord' type of backstory. 

Question: Did Tempest ever get her cutie mark? 

I dunno how's that's surprising since that was shown in the movie :huh: