Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does Tempest Shadow never show up in MLP after the movie?

SprinklePop

I thought it was quite weird, after some other specials and such, the villains usually show up in the background. (Ie. Discord, Queen Chrysalis, ect.) or they come to threaten the Mane Six again.

I may be wrong, but I never saw her in the background.

This may be a minor nitpick but, yea.

• Brohoof 1

Money

They couldn't bring back Emily Blunt for obvious reasons and they didn't want to recast her. Only time the brought her back was the finale and that was for a voiceless cameo

• Brohoof 6

Moments ago, Megas said:

Money

They couldn't bring back Emily Blunt for obvious reasons and they didn't want to recast her. Only time the brought her back was the finale and that was for a voiceless cameo

OH! Alright, I didn't know about that haha.

It all comes down to money. Hiring Emily Blunt as a voice actor again would have been too expensive. If you ask me, there was no need to include Fizzlepop in the series as a reoccurring character after the movie. A one-off movie character was all she needed to be and I think just seeing her in the background of the S9 finale was more than enough.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, SprinklePop said:

I thought it was quite weird, after some other specials and such, the villains usually show up in the background. (Ie. Discord, Queen Chrysalis, ect.) or they come to threaten the Mane Six again.

Tempest Shadow was reformed in the movie and is a recurring character in the MLP:FiM comics. Another movie character, Capper, made a background appearance in the show in addition to having a role in the comics too. Remember that MLP's not just a show, but a franchise. 

• Brohoof 2

Tempest appeared in the final three episodes though her attire was slightly different compared to what we've come to know from the movie. As most have already stated, money is the main reason why she was reduced to voiceless cameos, and because Hasbro was likely unwilling to dish out a lot of precious coin in order to hire Emily Blunt. Recasting the role wasn't an option either so we ended up with her becoming a background character. This is also true regarding Capper as he ended up being in the exact same position and Hasbro didn't want to spend money bringing Taye Diggs back nor did they want to recast the role.

• Brohoof 2

I thought I made my answer as well. Because it was a movie they had a bigger budget and therefore were allowed to hire more high-profile voice actors so of course they couldn't use the character's voice in the lower-budget show and can only reduce them to cameos but at least they gave them some explanations to why they're not around. With Tempest Storm flat out being said to be traveling around Equestria

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...