Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ability to ‘unfollow’ status updates

Rhythm Red

Hey, I was wondering if there was some way somepony could put in an ‘unfollow status update’ thing. When I reply to a status update, I get a notification when somepony replies after me. Much of the time, their reply doesn’t have anything to do with me. When a lot of people comment on a status update, or in some cases, have a full blown conversation in one, my notifications box receives a massive amount replies that I don’t really need to see. This is a problem that I deal with a lot, and I’m sure many others probably deal with it too. 

Let’s say someone makes a status update saying ‘goodnight’. If you comment on it, you can choose to unfollow the status update (because the option to follow an update would automatically be turned on), and if anypony else replies to the status update, you won’t get notified. Because you don’t need a notification box full of other ponies saying ‘goodnight’ back to them, right? Imagine how much time that would save!

And I know you can just turn off status update replies from showing up in your notifications box, but there are some replies that do have something to do with me, and I don’t want to miss any of those.

Thanks!

Edited by Nosotros.
  • Brohoof 6

Go to your account settings, then Notification settings, and take a look at how you have things set. You can opt out of the local notifications and get emails instead, or nothing at all, on certain things. But, the engine technically doesn't really know what you really want to see and what you don't...

image.thumb.png.782704c905b2232a3b89e4c6bd71dfd7.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Go to your account settings, then Notification settings, and take a look at how you have things set. You can opt out of the local notifications and get emails instead, or nothing at all, on certain things. But, the engine technically doesn't really know what you really want to see and what you don't...

image.thumb.png.782704c905b2232a3b89e4c6bd71dfd7.png

Which is why I’m proposing this whole ‘unfollow’ thing. That way, you can choose what you want to see! It’s totally up to you, and you can specify. Though you will have to manually unfollow status updates yourself. But clicking a button isn’t all that hard. ;) 

Edited by Nosotros.
  • Brohoof 2

Another thing - you can always turn this off, and keep tabs open for convos your interested in, then turn it back on when you're done for the day...just a thought.

Unfollow a status update...that could be tricky. I'm thinking that might be pretty deep in the engine to do. They'd have to bring this to Invision.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Mirage said:

Another thing - you can always turn this off, and keep tabs open for convos your interested in, then turn it back on when you're done for the day...just a thought.

Unfollow a status update...that could be tricky. I'm thinking that might be pretty deep in the engine to do. They'd have to bring this to Invision.

Yeah, that is true. I’ll just have to push through it, I guess. :rarity:

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, while these can be disabled, being able to unfollow specific statuses or having to decide which ones you want to follow in the first place would be really nice.

I do have these enabled because I want to, but as mentioned above, getting a wall of notifications for each 'goodnight' makes it extremely confusing sometimes. :twi: 

Either way yeah, that would be pretty tricky to implement I suppose.

• Brohoof 2