Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will mlp gen 5 suck

Losersquad

21 minutes ago, Sherbert said:

I hope it's like G4 but a bit more mature

that would be difficult...

I actually hope that we'll change main characters but stay in the continuity of Gen 4 ; the next generation of ponies :P 

• Brohoof 1

I'd bet so. Way I see it, without someone with a creative vision like Faust, and without a genuinely skilled writer, G5 will be just another extended toy commercial on the airlines.

3 hours ago, Gachin said:

I actually hope that we'll change main characters but stay in the continuity of Gen 4 ; the next generation of ponies :P 

That's curious, why do you hope that?

4 hours ago, Gachin said:

I agree. I hope they have different main characters, with a more mature story and dialogue in the show.

8 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Does a pope take a poop in the woods?

:confused: What do you mean with this?

Well, H-Bro is getting roasted on gender politics like a skewered pig, so there is hope. And there is also a possibility of a consisted world that offers more stimulating challenges to our protagonists.

19 minutes ago, RyanMahaffe said:

Can we please stop talking about something more than the actual company making it is?

GoatNo.jpg.0567ae4a8e1f4212de2fb01256b7f8db.jpg

1 hour ago, MegaSean45 said:

Same answer to the question of "will G5 suck?", which is "idk"! ;) 

Lol. I was thinking there was some clever meaning hidden inside of it. :D

• Brohoof 1

It'll suck for the first few seasons until the characters and world are fleshed out, then the fandom will dissolve in repetitive bickering over magic, shipping, world building, and plot holes

The first few thousand fanfics people tell will find some way to bash the new characters and prop up the old generation and eventually the tables will turn and the new show will dominate the old

Because that's how things always go

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I'm holding my judgement until we see for SURE what Hasbro has in store for us because honestly, it's too early to judge. I'm sure whatever they have coming will be worth taking a look at least for a little bit.

Despite the fact it might be too early to be sure about something, I believe G5 won't be in the continuity of G4.

Sure, the characters might be the same, but I guess they're personalities will be completely revisioned and adapted to a more mature context.

I believe the magic that G4 spread won't be totally present in G5, but who knows...maybe it will be even more present, instead!

Of course, these are just opinions, I honestly don't have a clue!

If Lauren Faust comes back to work on it her creativity, of course it will. If not... I have my fingers (hooves? No that wouldn't make sense!) crossed. FiM has been so good that Hasbro has really given themselves some particularly high standards to meet and some large shoes to fill. I'm not expecting it to be better than this generation, but then again, who knows? I hope with all my heart that it is better than this one, and that it brings together even more people than this generation has done, and continues to do so. 

9 hours ago, meme said:

There is absolutely no way to know this yet. Gen 5 is still just being thought of and is barely planned.

9 hours ago, RyanMahaffe said:

We don't know
No one knows
It is still extremely early on
Can we please stop talking about something more than the actual company making it is?

5 hours ago, Kaidyn said:

Honestly, I'm holding my judgement until we see for SURE what Hasbro has in store for us because honestly, it's too early to judge. I'm sure whatever they have coming will be worth taking a look at least for a little bit.

1 hour ago, Rhythm Red said:

We’ll only know if it’s good or not when we actually watch it and form our own opinions. I personally expect it to be very good. ;) 

I completely agree.:grin:

To be curt, it irritates me to hear people have discussions like this before what they're talking about is released.:pout:

Gen 5 has not been released yet. It hasn't even been officially confirmed by Hasbro yet. There is absolutely to reason to believe that it will suck, or even be any worse than Gen 4 yet, and it's a completely baseless question to ask.:pout:

We can't tell the future. All questions will only be answered once it is officially released.

Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

I completely agree.:grin:

To be curt, it irritates me to hear people have discussions like this before what they're talking about is released.:pout:

Gen 5 has not been released yet. It hasn't even been officially confirmed by Hasbro yet. There is absolutely to reason to believe that it will suck, or even be any worse than Gen 4 yet, as it's a completely baseless question to ask.:pout:

We can't tell the future. All questions will only be answered once it is officially released.

Couldn’t agree more. ;) 

• Brohoof 1

I would personally like personally like g5 to have a new cast entirely and for g4 to only be mentioned in brief shoutouts and maybe a short here and there with a possible crossover.

this is because gen4 has been so amazing and I want gen5 to be even better, but to do this it has to distinguish itself.

( though if they wanna give us a series starring luna, trixie, discord, starlight, and spike than I can accept that to)

On 3/30/2018 at 10:56 AM, RyanMahaffe said:

If we did that, these forums would be very quiet.

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

If we did that, these forums would be very quiet.

Yeah I realized afterwards the issue with that lol.
I guess a better thing would be "can we stop talking about something that hardly exists yet?

• Brohoof 1

As long as they use as much thought and imagination that's been used with gen4, then it should be good. We can only wait and see. Hopefully they don't use the popularity of gen4 to help carry a cheep knockoff with inferior animation.