Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cwanky

Season 8 has thus far been an exciting, if not controversial season for a variety of reasons, including the introduction of the antagonist Chancellor Neighsay. But we also have some other surprises including,

The reemergence of

Queen Chrysalis in the upcoming episode The Mean 6. You didn't think Chrysalis would just fade into obscurity after swearing vengeance on Starlight in Season 6 did you?

Equally important however, is the introduction of the Young 6, a ragtag group of nonpony characters (along with Sandbar the Earth pony), who grow on each other and play a central role in Twilight's School of Friendship and are juxtaposed against Chancellor Neighsay, who doesn't trust them at all. In the past, through the film and episodes, we have heard and seen nonpony characters and their interactions, but they have rarely been the focus of the plot. Only recently since Season 6 have we begun seeing Changelings through Thorax, and dragons, through Ember start playing bigger roles. 

All this just scratches at the bigger picture however. We know what the Young 6 are (somewhat). But WHO are the Young 6? Well if we go by the hints we have been given, its not hard to see the picture the writers are presenting us:

There's 6 friends and as we have seen, 6 is the Magic number in FiM. The Mane 6 and the Pillars of Old Equestria. And now we have the Young 6:

latest?cb=20180424150822&path-prefix=de

At this point I am going off my own headcanon comparing the Young 6 to the past Elements of Harmony

With Gallus, his personality strongly resembling Rainbow Dash's and his overall color scheme, I'm inclined to say he's an element of loyalty or courage. Beyond that he may be relative or close friend of Gilda based on what he's told RD.

Silverstream is very bubbly, hyperactive and seems to maintain a positive attitude always. To me she's pretty much a hippogriff version of Pinkie and an element of laughter and joy, though as we have seen with Somnambula, this isn't always the case. Being the niece of the queen makes Silverstream's story even more potentially interesting.

Ocellus very much seems to be a protege of Thorax. Both are very soft-spoken, conflict averse, and kind people, again like Fluttershy. This may just be something commonly found with the new Changelings though, as we've seen recently. I still say though that Ocellus is a strong candidate as the next element of kindness.

Sandbar is the straight man, er pony, the odd guy out in the group. It's hard to say what role he will play, but I'd wager he will play a key role standing up against Chancellor Neighsay in the season finale. I won't say Sandbar is the leader of the Young 6, but based on his trust in his friends and the Mane 6, I'd say he's an element of friendship and trust (ironic since despite friendship being magic, Sandbar is an Earth pony :scoots:)

Things get a bit hairier once we get to Yona. Her role is hard to define for me personally. She is very outspoken about Yakyakistan though, much like Applejack is about apples and her family, so I may imagine her being an element of honesty.

Smolder is where things don't quite fit in. From all the Young 6 characters, I don't know much about her, except she behaves like a "typical dragon" and gets along with Gallus. She might be an element of loyalty or honesty, although a trait of dragons that stands out in the show is their "inherent greed and selfishness." We have of course, seen how Spike, and later Ember, contradict these stereotypes. Smolder will be having some interaction with Spike this season, so it may very well be that Smolder is an element of generosity in disguise, even if she shares little in common with Rarity, save a liking for gems :D.

But again all of this is just my speculative headcanon on the Young 6. What do you folks think the Young 6, either as a group or individually will have as roles in the show, and perhaps influencing the future generation? Do you have any headcanons about the Young 6 yet?

Edited by Cwanky
  • Brohoof 2

I like these comparisons. We should get a pretty good idea of how close they hit the mark when we learn more about their backstories later this season!

Yeah, everyone but Smolder can draw a parallel to the M6. Maybe Smolder will have a dark secret about wanting to share her material possessions with others that will cement her as Rarity's counterpart? That would put her in a class by herself in her native lands. (And will make her all the more likely to be the character to break up Spike's obsession. :lol: )

• Brohoof 2

I think the Young 6 make interesting characters to head up the new students at Twi's school. I wonder if they're grooming them to be the main characters of G5. They're not exactly ponies but I wouldn't be surprised if they featured in a big way. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

During the episode School Raze part 2, the Young 6 were surrounded by auras of magic that I tried connecting back with the Element colors first featured in the beginning of G4. It ... didn’t go so well because there was different auras that didn’t match up well with the colors and so went off the bar (lol Sandbar). 

My theory though and im loving yours is that the Elements would be yes Silverstream strikes me as Laughter with how bubbly she is, always a laugh but not in the bad way. Yona always speaks her mind and doesn’t hold back, which in the MLP movie Friendship Games, that one girl, I forget her name but she had blue as apart her palette and her hair was in pigtails and she wore glasses, she was Applejack’s counterpart at the academy, being Honesty, and she had a bit of a blunt, honest speak that Yona just reminds me too. So Yona is my Element of Honesty at least. Gallus and Smoulder were harder to place considering both are from species known to have issues with generosity so was a hard flip to decide on which best suits them, generosity and loyalty. But it does make a lot of sense that Loyalty would be Gallus and Smoulder Generosity, just as much the same with a switch. But wait! In School Raze part 2, an idea popped out at me. What if SANDBAR is Loyalty?! It kind of makes sense considering his being a pony and this is the first gang of creatures we’ve seen, his Loyalty to his friends makes it seem that way to me, why he’s a good fit too for the Element of Loyalty. But also, wouldn’t that mean then another Element is for the dragon and griffon? During What Lies Beneath, we saw where Gallus was pretty take charge with helping Silverstream, so could he be Kindness? Griffons are known to be abrasive after all. When it came to Kindness the first creature that came to me was Ocellus, but so did Magic with her and as well Sandbar but I’ll get to that. Ocellus being Kindness fit too because she was always the kind heart and has a very sweet nature, but her scholarly ways reminded me of Twilight and scholars have been seen as the bearers of Magic/Sorcery, with first StarSwirl the Bearded and then Twilight Sparkle,so it just makes sense to me there but also, did it make sense to me, Sandbar being Magic since we do know from Cadance that she was a Pegasus pony before becoming an alicorn, so unicorns don’t necessarily have to be the “magic” of their friends to hold them together. It’s just the precedent we’ve been shown that makes us think so. It could very well be Ocellus or even Sandbar because he’s pretty impressive with his keeping his friends on track and defending them, even to one another (telling the others to not harsh on Yona for being proud of her yak heritage back during School Daze ((I can’t remember which part of School Daze was it 1?)). 

My list is oretty much this when it comes down to it: 

Silverstream is Laughter. Yona is Honesty. Sandbar is either Loyalty or Magic. Ocellus is either Kindness or Magic. Gallus is either Loyalty, Kindness, or Generosity. Smoulder is either Loyalty or Generosity. ^^ That’s my list and I’m going to be greatly saddened if MLP doesn’t go more in-depth with the Tree of Harmony’s interactions with the Young 6! 

8 hours ago, Loony said:

During the episode School Raze part 2, the Young 6 were surrounded by auras of magic that I tried connecting back with the Element colors first featured in the beginning of G4. It ... didn’t go so well because there was different auras that didn’t match up well with the colors and so went off the bar (lol Sandbar). 

My theory though and im loving yours is that the Elements would be yes Silverstream strikes me as Laughter with how bubbly she is, always a laugh but not in the bad way. Yona always speaks her mind and doesn’t hold back, which in the MLP movie Friendship Games, that one girl, I forget her name but she had blue as apart her palette and her hair was in pigtails and she wore glasses, she was Applejack’s counterpart at the academy, being Honesty, and she had a bit of a blunt, honest speak that Yona just reminds me too. So Yona is my Element of Honesty at least. Gallus and Smoulder were harder to place considering both are from species known to have issues with generosity so was a hard flip to decide on which best suits them, generosity and loyalty. But it does make a lot of sense that Loyalty would be Gallus and Smoulder Generosity, just as much the same with a switch. But wait! In School Raze part 2, an idea popped out at me. What if SANDBAR is Loyalty?! It kind of makes sense considering his being a pony and this is the first gang of creatures we’ve seen, his Loyalty to his friends makes it seem that way to me, why he’s a good fit too for the Element of Loyalty. But also, wouldn’t that mean then another Element is for the dragon and griffon? During What Lies Beneath, we saw where Gallus was pretty take charge with helping Silverstream, so could he be Kindness? Griffons are known to be abrasive after all. When it came to Kindness the first creature that came to me was Ocellus, but so did Magic with her and as well Sandbar but I’ll get to that. Ocellus being Kindness fit too because she was always the kind heart and has a very sweet nature, but her scholarly ways reminded me of Twilight and scholars have been seen as the bearers of Magic/Sorcery, with first StarSwirl the Bearded and then Twilight Sparkle,so it just makes sense to me there but also, did it make sense to me, Sandbar being Magic since we do know from Cadance that she was a Pegasus pony before becoming an alicorn, so unicorns don’t necessarily have to be the “magic” of their friends to hold them together. It’s just the precedent we’ve been shown that makes us think so. It could very well be Ocellus or even Sandbar because he’s pretty impressive with his keeping his friends on track and defending them, even to one another (telling the others to not harsh on Yona for being proud of her yak heritage back during School Daze ((I can’t remember which part of School Daze was it 1?)). 

My list is oretty much this when it comes down to it: 

Silverstream is Laughter. Yona is Honesty. Sandbar is either Loyalty or Magic. Ocellus is either Kindness or Magic. Gallus is either Loyalty, Kindness, or Generosity. Smoulder is either Loyalty or Generosity. ^^ That’s my list and I’m going to be greatly saddened if MLP doesn’t go more in-depth with the Tree of Harmony’s interactions with the Young 6! 

The colors aren’t the colors of the elements themselves, they are the coat colors of the pony with the corresponding element. Sandbar is kindness, Ocellus is generosity, Gallus is magic, and Smolder is loyalty. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:35 AM, Ganondox said:

The colors aren’t the colors of the elements themselves, they are the coat colors of the pony with the corresponding element. Sandbar is kindness, Ocellus is generosity, Gallus is magic, and Smolder is loyalty. 

How could Gallus possibly be the element of Magic?

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Tenebrae said:

How could Gallus possibly be the element of Magic?

Because they designated him as such. The only reason I can think for why is because he took a special role in the Hearth's Warming Club. 

Edited by Ganondox
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Ganondox said:

Because the designated him as such. The only reason I can think for why is because he took a special role in the Hearth's Warming Club. 

It would be nice if there was a better reason other than because all the other spots are taken.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Tenebrae said:

It would be nice if there was a better reason other than because all the other spots are taken.

I think he’s supposed to be the leader, but I thought that was Sandbar. 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Ganondox said:

I think he’s supposed to be the leader, but I thought that was Sandbar. 

That's precisely why I am confused. Gallus never really seemed the leader type. The problem is that none of them fit the Element of Magic, so my guess is the developers will come up with some reasoning as to why this is if they decide on going down this path.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

What I think is sandbar is the leader but everyone of the young 6 will slightly change the elements in some way so that sandbar will mold friendship into trust gallus would probably keep loyalty or change it to friendship probably not but the trust of friends is a greater power that's what I think but that's me ocelece sorry can't spell but she would be kindness or she might mold it to caring and yona would be laughter all the way no change smolder would probably be honesty why you might ask she still has some dragon stuff in her and she was honest to spike about molding and his "dad" And silverstream would be generousary why well she idk can someone think of one for her

• Brohoof 1