Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Repping MLP Forums at BroNYcon - Brainstorm?

Doctor XFizzle

Since BroNYcon is approaching and we have members from here attending, we should come up with a way to represent and advertise the forums. This is assuming we have a decent number of attendants going and said attendants are comfortable spreading the word about the site. If there's not a ton of people going, then feel free to lock/delete this.

What could we do/make/procure to help advertise the forums? A banner, shirts, buttons, flyers? I figured we'd have this topic now so there's time before July(?) to procure/make agreed upon items.

So what do y'all think?

• Brohoof 10

Since BroNYcon is approaching and we have members from here attending, we should come up with a way to represent and advertise the forums. This is assuming we have a decent number of attendants going and said attendants are comfortable spreading the word about the site. If there's not a ton of people going, then feel free to lock/delete this.

What could we do/make/procure to help advertise the forums? A banner, shirts, buttons, flyers? I figured we'd have this topic now so there's time before July(?) to procure/make agreed upon items.

So what do y'all think?

I think what we should do it create a topic shortly before the con begins, to see who is going and if we can have a mlpfourms meetup there

That banner that said "MLPForums, a fun interactive brony community, so awesome" (or something like that) with Rainbow Dashes 'Wub Wub' face on it would look pretty outstanding on a shirt if we decided to go that far :P
  • Brohoof 2

That banner that said "MLPForums, a fun interactive brony community, so awesome" (or something like that) with Rainbow Dashes 'Wub Wub' face on it would look pretty outstanding on a shirt if we decided to go that far :P

Feld0 crashes the place.

• Brohoof 2

Put on a show.

-Someponies dress like the Flim Flam brothers, and have a big booth selling cider.

-Have a few other ponies pretending to watch in awe. With Rainbow Dash wigs.

-Talk or sing the lyrics of the song, altered to advertising the site with some merchandise or graphics or posts to aid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLLSPo3o354

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Put on a show.

-Someponies dress like the Flim Flam brothers, and have a big booth selling cider.

-Have a few other ponies pretending to watch in awe. With Rainbow Dash wigs.

-Talk or sing the lyrics of the song, altered to advertising the site with some merchandise or graphics or posts to aid.

I totally made lyrics to the tune of the Flim Flam song to advertise MLP Forums in an older topic. Let me go back and search and I'll post it here.

Well lookie what we got here, dear guest of mine,

It's a site unlike any in town

Users that are friendly, welcoming, and not a ounce of meanness to be found

Your search for a quality pony forum won't end in dispair

Yes, indeed, on this site, your pony knowledge you can share!

Well you've got opportunity

In this awesome community

It's M to the L and P, we're MLP Forums

the best Pony forum nonpareil!

(Tom the Diamond: "Non-pa..what?!?")

Nonpareil, that's exactly the reason why you'll see,

No other pony site online will give you such a chance to be where you need to be

And that's a whole new world, with tons of discussion, and fresh topics, ready for debating

More threads that you can post in than all your days of thinking

Well you've got opportunity

In this awesome community

It's M to the L and P, we're MLP Forums

the best Pony forum nonpareil!

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

Baddy bing botta boom. One step to this already done xP Get list of members who are or could go. Get Rainbow Dash hats and closest thing to old style carnival seller/Flim Flam outfits, and get a cider stand.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

Oh, boy! Just imagine the popularity explosion we could get!

*gasp* Who knows...? Maybe we can get a crew member or two...? :blink:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

We could come up with a shirt design, host it on a third party site like redbubble/spreadshirt, make it really cheap (host of account will basically make $0 profit from it), and have the attendants buy and then wear one when they go.

Unless Feld0 wants an official OFFICIAL MLP Forums shirt where the proceeds go into the site's upkeep fund.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

That banner looked ugly imo

Still good ideas though.

If there's nametags there, write your username here on it instead of your real name, and if people come up to you and ask 'Is that your real name?' you say 'No dude, that's my username at MLP Forums, the best pony forum around!' Foolproof. :)

Build a Fort... and hang a banner in the outside of it that says "JOIN MLPFORUMS: PINKAZOID IS THERE, AND SHE'S BEST PONY!!!"... It'll work....

or constantly yell "FELDO IS BEST ALICORN!!" at random intervals. People will go home to Google Feld0 and they'll see all his works, including these forums.

Or "All hail Feld0" shirts, hats, and signs

• Brohoof 5

I've often thought of getting a shirt with my username and avatar on it, just in case I ever actually go to a con/meetup where other forum members might be.

I've often thought of getting a shirt with my username and avatar on it, just in case I ever actually go to a con/meetup where other forum members might be.

Just don't put your password there...

If I may say, I believe it would be best if one of the site staff were the principle ones organizing MLP Forum's presentation at Bronycon. Since Apple Bloom is headed to Bronycon, it should probably be him to do that.

I would like to see the forum promoted effectively.

• Brohoof 2