Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Somnambula Shares her Name from the G1 Witch Character

bwrosas

https://www.google.com/search?ei=CkYwW9bJPMyR0PEPzbuDWA&q=somnambula+mlp&oq=Somnambula+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0j0i20i263k1j0l5j0i10k1l3.3880.7214.0.8453.2.2.0.0.0.0.140.271.0j2.2.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.2.269...0i20i264k1j0i67k1.0.flrce9KOn-0

It's true!  I found this out, when searching episodes on Tubi.tv (where you can find G1 and G2) and saw the title of the episode was named Somnambula. What are your thoughts? Another G1 nod with possibly the most popular of the pilliars and we didn't even know it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've seen this mentioned before. It's interesting – a lot of the characters have recycled names from previous generations, but this is the only case I know of where a pony has been named after a non-pony character from a previous generation.

I think the name makes sense in a way. Somnambula is Latin for sleepwalker – she is never actually shown walking in her sleep, but she did have to cross a bridge blindfolded! :D

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah Sonambula originally was a human witch character from the episode of the same name. She used a bird to lure in her prey and then steal there youth and give her victims her old age she keeps them in this state by making them gorge into the activities they love perpetually so she can keep her youth and store her age into other beings. In this case it is the ponies from paradise estate and the big brother ponies. Great episode from g1!

F78E9D32-CD5F-469E-B6DE-18D183D3F73F.gif.4754513963d3aed1d94cb8f1a1d3fe83.gif

• Brohoof 2

I do personally however love somnambula in g4 as I think she is cute with her Egyptian head dress and makeup. I also love her voice actor from “shadow play” she has this nice Arabic voice that is very pleasant to listen to!

1A88BAA6-1E62-4B9B-B701-29113C20F36A.thumb.jpeg.625df3db0e5bf1cff1f5707c59f4df91.jpeg

On 6/25/2018 at 1:56 AM, heavens-champion said:

It's kind of ironic, once you think about it. 

G1 Somnambula= evil sorceress

G4 Somnambula= cute and adorable Pegasus pony

That's some serious change.

I think she's more of the lines of HOT rather than cute :bedeyes:

Anyway, I'm not that surprised you didn't know that beforehand, though many of us have known that fact. Speaking of obscure G1 references, I think Storm King was a G1 villain as well. Albeit from the comics instead of the show :huh: 1499689__safe_firefly_medley_storm+king_

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I think she's more of the lines of HOT rather than cute :bedeyes:

Anyway, I'm not that surprised you didn't know that beforehand, though many of us have known that fact. Speaking of obscure G1 references, I think Storm King was a G1 villain as well. Albeit from the comics instead of the show :huh: 1499689__safe_firefly_medley_storm+king_

Actually I knew about Somnambula. I just never watched the special that had her.

6 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

Actually I knew about Somnambula. I just never watched the special that had her.

Nah, I've quoted you because I think Somnambula is hawt, the other paragraph was towards the OP :mlp_icwudt: