Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you use a browser pony if someone made one?

Waterspark63

If someone was able to make Browser Ponies a reality, with Artificial Intelligence that thought like/acted like/looked like ponies, would you use the browser?

I would, and I hope as we get better at making AIs, that those will become a reality, anyone else?

(Moderators, if this is in the wrong location, can you message/move it for me? Not sure if this is the right place.)

These is the best way I can think of for explaining what I'm talking about:
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/123893/bright-as-polished-chrome

https://www.deviantart.com/parallaxmlp/art/My-Little-Browsers-307812128

But basically they are browsers that have AIs that are ponies, that have visual representations of themselves, they are basically ponies in the browser that interact with you, the internet, etc, and they are 'aware' of themselves and others.

Sorry if its a bad explaination.

3 hours ago, VinylScratchsWubs said:

If someone was able to make Browser Ponies a reality, with Artificial Intelligence that thought like/acted like/looked like ponies, would you use the browser?

I would, and I hope as we get better at making AIs, that those will become a reality, anyone else?

(Moderators, if this is in the wrong location, can you message/move it for me? Not sure if this is the right place.)

YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. Hell, any advanced AI looking like a poneh would be some good shit for me :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, VinylScratchsWubs said:

Probably not. Actually, definitely not.

But if they could make Jarvis from the MCU a reality, then I'd certainly take one of those! :)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Browser? Pfft! Why not in the entire desktop? :Cool-shades:

Although such virtual assistants seem to be a cool idea, and they shouldn't be too much hard to make, the hardest part of it is actually the "A.I." part, because there's no such thing as A.I. as of yet. There are Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs) and Machine Learning (ML) models, but they are far from intelligent. They just learn to mimic the way we talk/write, and with a knowledge database large enough they might seem intelligent, but they're not, because they don't really understand what they're talking about. Just ask them about something that requires using imagination, or knowledge about the laws of physics, or something absurd, or fictional, or that requires a sense of humor (another thing that machines don't have and probably never will), and see them struggle :)  E.g. "If it takes an hour for 10 buckets of paint to dry, how many hours will it take for 30 buckets of paint to dry?" (the ANNs usually reply with 3 hours, because they don't understand that buckets of paint can dry in parallel). Or "What's the best way to pick a coin that lies on the bottom of an upside-down glass?" (the ANNs reply with some complex procedures because they don't understand that when the glass is upside down, the only way for a coin to lie on its bottom is to lie on the top of the glass where it can be easily picked). Or "Tell me the funniest joke that you heard, but in such a way that isn't actually funny" (that's a cruel one, because it joins sense of humor with logical reasoning and contradictory commands :griiin: A real "A.I." breaker, because machines can't get paradoxes, due to the Halting Poblem, and they go into an infinite loop, while a human can recognize the paradox transcend from it).

So long story short, such a virtual assistant would be a cool toy at most, and perhaps something of a kind of a search engine on steroids. But I doubt it would be much useful beyond that, I'm afraid.

Also, language models for such ANNs are usually HUMONGOUS, and require a lot of computational power and other resources on your machine if they are to be of any use. Unless they're a cloud service, but in this case there's a lot of risk of having your machine exposed to such a service and knowing every single detail not only about your machine, but also about you (from all the things that you tell it during conversations). As if Facebook and Google weren't spying on you enough :Sunny-huh:

• Brohoof 1

Would these browser ponies be like physical ponies? Or like some kind of AI pony that you could interact with on a web browser? Because, in my opinion, we're actually pretty close in terms of being able to do the second one. I think the second one would be a cute idea and I probably would use it.