Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

38 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"At that point I was just standing around in my real form prepared for their arrival, I didn't do anything else than stare at them and warn them with a growls and such before they attacked." Ruby explained "But like I have told before, the reason they came to me because someone had seen me eating a rabbit and ran to them."

"All that over a rabbit? Usually if someone did that, the most that would happen would be law enforcement arriving to take you to jail or something, and that's only if the rabbit is domesticated. If it's a wild rabbit, you'd be fined a few bits for poaching."

"I'm not quite sure why they would get guards, which are military... unless you were your dragon form. Police wouldn't stand any chance against a dragon, so guards would be sent out to handle the situation. I guess really depends on the situation."

5 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"All that over a rabbit? Usually if someone did that, the most that would happen would be law enforcement arriving to take you to jail or something, and that's only if the rabbit is domesticated. If it's a wild rabbit, you'd be fined a few bits for poaching."

"I'm not quite sure why they would get guards, which are military... unless you were your dragon form. Police wouldn't stand any chance against a dragon, so guards would be sent out to handle the situation. I guess really depends on the situation."

"I was in my dragon form obviously." Ruby mentioned "It's very messy and unnecessarily slow to eat in this form, that's why I keep the food with me in small bits, pony teeth aren't made for chewing meat."

9 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I was in my dragon form obviously." Ruby mentioned "It's very messy and unnecessarily slow to eat in this form, that's why I keep the food with me in small bits, pony teeth aren't made for chewing meat."

"So if the guards had no chance in taking you down, what exactly made you stop?"

"And did they bring any heavy weapons? A non-enchanted spear can't stop a dragon."

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"So if the guards had no chance in taking you down, what exactly made you stop?"

"And did they bring any heavy weapons? A non-enchanted spear can't stop a dragon."

"I have told this before, but Twilight." Ruby simply replied "And there wasn't any heavy weapons anywhere, I don't know if they were signaled to come, but at least they never reached their destination during me being there."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I have told this before, but Twilight." Ruby simply replied "And there wasn't any heavy weapons anywhere, I don't know if they were signaled to come, but at least they never reached their destination during me being there."

"If they sent Twilight, it's possible that they called off the heavy weapons or decided to not send the order to deploy them at all, but I wasn't there, so I don't know."

"This makes me think though. Imagine a weapon where you could pull some sort of tiny lever and it'd fire a projectile at immense speed. I wonder if such a thing would be effective."

15 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"If they sent Twilight, it's possible that they called off the heavy weapons or decided to not send the order to deploy them at all, but I wasn't there, so I don't know."

"This makes me think though. Imagine a weapon where you could pull some sort of tiny lever and it'd fire a projectile at immense speed. I wonder if such a thing would be effective."

"It would depend wholly on the speed and hardness of the projectile." Ruby stated "Too slow or too soft projectile would be just as useless as your current projectiles." "But I can't really imagine it since my knowledge on weapons is only what you can gather on the receiving end."

16 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"It would depend wholly on the speed and hardness of the projectile." Ruby stated "Too slow or too soft projectile would be just as useless as your current projectiles." "But I can't really imagine it since my knowledge on weapons is only what you can gather on the receiving end."

"If something like that were ever to be a thing, I'm sure Arrow would love to get ahold of one. He loves getting new weapons."

Meanwhile, Rose had recovered from her lack of sleep which made her faint. She could be found in the training fields, supervising new recruits' stance. "Attention !" She ordered, and with that order the newbies tried their best to first stand at attention. One of them actually fell down and made some of the others laugh. This irritated the Captain. "It really is impolite to laugh at others! I won't tolerate such a disrespectful attitude. I hope I made myself clear." In response, the recruits slightly nodded in acknowledgement.

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"If something like that were ever to be a thing, I'm sure Arrow would love to get ahold of one. He loves getting new weapons."

"Why has he not made anything from dragon-bone or scales?" Ruby asked "The local type may be weaker than my kind, but their scales and bones are still comparable to steel in toughness." "And they are considerably lighter."

6 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Why has he not made anything from dragon-bone or scales?" Ruby asked "The local type may be weaker than my kind, but their scales and bones are still comparable to steel in toughness." "And they are considerably lighter."

"Because that's disgusting! That's like wearing the someone's skin!"

"It's pretty messed up."

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Because that's disgusting! That's like wearing the someone's skin!"

"It's pretty messed up."

"How's that any different from using leather to things?" Ruby asked "Besides, they are already dead, could as well use them to something useful." she shrugged "But ponies do as ponies do, it was just a suggestion."

11 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"How's that any different from using leather to things?" Ruby asked "Besides, they are already dead, could as well use them to something useful." she shrugged "But ponies do as ponies do, it was just a suggestion."

"The leather comes from non-sapient beings. I know you're going to question this, but the answer to whatever you are going to ask is that it's just how it is."

"Some things in life work simply because they do."

12 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"The leather comes from non-sapient beings. I know you're going to question this, but the answer to whatever you are going to ask is that it's just how it is."

"Some things in life work simply because they do."

"Dead creature is dead creature." Ruby just stated "There's nothing sentient about a dead dragon." "And really, how do you know if other creatures are sentient or not, they not being able to talk your language doesn't mean they are aren't sentient, there also is lot of ways to communicate that you ponies can't sense." " That's how I communicate with Calti, she doesn't understand ponish or Draconic."

10 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Dead creature is dead creature." Ruby just stated "There's nothing sentient about a dead dragon." "And really, how do you know if other creatures are sentient or not, they not being able to talk your language doesn't mean they are aren't sentient, there also is lot of ways to communicate that you ponies can't sense." " That's how I communicate with Calti, she doesn't understand ponish or Draconic."

"I still doubt Arrow will be wearing the scales of a dragons. Wait, you can understand animals? I can understand Fluffball and Pringle, but that's because I'm telepathically connected to them."

"What's Calti saying right now?"

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:35 PM, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Meanwhile, Rose had recovered from her lack of sleep which made her faint. She could be found in the training fields, supervising new recruits' stance. "Attention !" She ordered, and with that order the newbies tried their best to first stand at attention. One of them actually fell down and made some of the others laugh. This irritated the Captain. "It really is impolite to laugh at others! I won't tolerate such a disrespectful attitude. I hope I made myself clear." In response, the recruits slightly nodded in acknowledgement.

Arrow was on patrol as was is usual job when he headed out to the training yard, which was part of his patrol area. He would quickly noticed Rose training new recruits, which wasn't uncommon for him to see. He decided to say go and something to the recruits, which was did all the time.

"Here's some advice. Be careful about what you say to the captain, she doesn't take kindly to disrespect. Trust me, I've seen it. Second, do not irritate the dragon, she's not always friendly."

He turned to Rose and gave her some sort of report.

"I was also told to give you this report earlier. According to this, during the tour a bunch of foals went on around the castle, Ruby gave them some sort of speech about how she does not care about serving Equestria or the ponies in it. Apparently she said something like that to a bunch of foals."

(sorry for not replying, didn't see the post earlier.)

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I still doubt Arrow will be wearing the scales of a dragons. Wait, you can understand animals? I can understand Fluffball and Pringle, but that's because I'm telepathically connected to them."

"What's Calti saying right now?"

"I don't understand like that, there's no common language like there is between us." Ruby explained "It's just smells, sounds, hard to notice movements...things like that, they are just outside what your senses can pick up." "But I can tell you that Calti is slightly annoyed, most likely because we are talking and she is trying to sleep."

(edited)
49 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't understand like that, there's no common language like there is between us." Ruby explained "It's just smells, sounds, hard to notice movements...things like that, they are just outside what your senses can pick up." "But I can tell you that Calti is slightly annoyed, most likely because we are talking and she is trying to sleep."

"Then we should probably head to the cabin. There's probably a place for her to sleep in there."

"Besides, Fluffball probably wants to roll around in his hamster ball."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Then we should probably head to the cabin. There's probably a place for her to sleep in there."

"Besides, Fluffball probably wants to roll around in his hamster ball."

Ruby shrugged "Sure" "And let's lock the door this time, I don't want anymore reality bending hamster hating lizard owning idiots walking in." or ponies in general, but she figured Somnus would understand what she meant.

(edited)
8 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby shrugged "Sure" "And let's lock the door this time, I don't want anymore reality bending hamster hating lizard owning idiots walking in." or ponies in general, but she figured Somnus would understand what she meant.

Somnus started to walk to the cabin.

"Yeah, I don't need some guy biting me because he hates hamsters."

Fluffball looked at Somnus.

"Yes, I know I threw a tray at him, but he deserved it."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus started to walk to the cabin.

"Yeah, I don't need some guy biting me because he hates hamsters."

Fluffball looked at Somnus.

"Yes, I know I through a tray at him, but he deserved it."

Ruby didn't say anything, she didn't have anything to add and unlike Somnus, she didn't have the habit to talk to her pet, not that Calti would reply anyways, it was too busy being a cat, to sleep and eat...not that different from dragon actually.

22 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Arrow was on patrol as was is usual job when he headed out to the training yard, which was part of his patrol area. He would quickly noticed Rose training new recruits, which wasn't uncommon for him to see. He decided to say go and something to the recruits, which was did all the time.

"Here's some advice. Be careful about what you say to the captain, she doesn't take kindly to disrespect. Trust me, I've seen it. Second, do not irritate the dragon, she's not always friendly."

He turned to Rose and gave her some sort of report.

"I was also told to give you this report earlier. According to this, during the tour a bunch of foals went on around the castle, Ruby gave them some sort of speech about how she does not care about serving Equestria or the ponies in it. Apparently she said something like that to a bunch of foals."

(sorry for not replying, didn't see the post earlier.)

"That's true. Any disrespect will be severely punished."

Hearing the report, the mare rolled her eyes.

"Meh, she never cares about anything in this country. Seriously she should stay in the treasury. Nopony will miss her anyway, and I'm sure she would feel the same towards us. Okay, perhaps Somnus will. But he'll be the only one."

15 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby didn't say anything, she didn't have anything to add and unlike Somnus, she didn't have the habit to talk to her pet, not that Calti would reply anyways, it was too busy being a cat, to sleep and eat...not that different from dragon actually.

While on the way to the cabin, Somnus decided to say something.

"We should probably get Calti a feather on a string. Cats love those."

7 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"That's true. Any disrespect will be severely punished."

Hearing the report, the mare rolled her eyes.

"Meh, she never cares about anything in this country. Seriously she should stay in the treasury. Nopony will miss her anyway, and I'm sure she would feel the same towards us. Okay, perhaps Somnus will. But he'll be the only one."

"I can't really get myself to hate her for some reason. I'm not one to hate anyone."

"Besides, I think there is one thing Ruby does care about. I think she might actually care about Somnus."

8 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

While on the way to the cabin, Somnus decided to say something.

"We should probably get Calti a feather on a string. Cats love those."

"I guess" Ruby replied thoughtfully "I could also put a robe on the horn she likes so much, I could move it around if I got bored and she would have a great time." she seemed to realize something "Huh, cats are pretty easily entertained."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I guess" Ruby replied thoughtfully "I could also put a robe on the horn she likes so much, I could move it around if I got bored and she would have a great time." she seemed to realize something "Huh, cats are pretty easily entertained."

"So are some dogs. Arrow has a pug named Stumpy, and he is very easily entertained."

"The dog is crazy for attention for some reason."