Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"So that's why the guards are afraid of you. It must also explain why the captain has a problem with you."

Somnus added something else.

"Considering that incident and the dragon that tried to kill me earlier, I'm probably going to try and convince the princesses to make enchanted weapons standard issue."

"I don't know if you're trying to blame me on them not liking me or not, but I will still say that if they hate me because I defended myself, that's their problem." Ruby stated "You wouldn't hate a pony because they defend themselves, so why can't I do that without being hated?" 

"And you do you, I still don't care about what weapons you use."

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't know if you're trying to blame me on them not liking me or not, but I will still say that if they hate me because I defended myself, that's their problem." Ruby stated "You wouldn't hate a pony because they defend themselves, so why can't I do that without being hated?" 

"And you do you, I still don't care about what weapons you use."

"No, I'm not blaming you. How could I blame you if I wasn't there? I'm just saying that they know what you can do, they fear what they believe they cannot hope to compete with."

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"No, I'm not blaming you. How could I blame you if I wasn't there? I'm just saying that they know what you can do, they fear what they believe they cannot hope to compete with."

"So they decide to avoid me and be clearly show they don't want to have anything to do with me when I'm near?" Ruby commented "I can see the appeal of avoiding what you fear, but shouldn't you try to keep them calm instead of purposely annoying them when you can't avoid them." "And really, it doesn't bother me that those who were there don't like me, I don't like the either, but for example the captain has no reason to hate me for that, I don't know if she even knows about it." "It doesn't help her case that she only talks about respect and such."

12 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"So they decide to avoid me and be clearly show they don't want to have anything to do with me when I'm near?" Ruby commented "I can see the appeal of avoiding what you fear, but shouldn't you try to keep them calm instead of purposely annoying them when you can't avoid them." "And really, it doesn't bother me that those who were there don't like me, I don't like the either, but for example the captain has no reason to hate me for that, I don't know if she even knows about it." "It doesn't help her case that she only talks about respect and such."

"Well, you will probably be getting two medals for killing a bugbear and an angry dragon, so maybe their opinion will change."

"As for the captain, she is a little too prideful, but she's really nice once you get to know her."

5 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, you will probably be getting two medals for killing a bugbear and an angry dragon, so maybe their opinion will change."

"As for the captain, she is a little too prideful, but she's really nice once you get to know her."

Ruby laughed like it was the best joke she had ever heard "She'll probably do anything and everything she can to try to avoid giving me those medals." "And sure she may be nice to ponies who know her, but she hates me, and I mean hates me, I can sense that." "Not that I blame her, I don't really like her either, but still."

9 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby laughed like it was the best joke she had ever heard "She'll probably do anything and everything she can to try to avoid giving me those medals." "And sure she may be nice to ponies who know her, but she hates me, and I mean hates me, I can sense that." "Not that I blame her, I don't really like her either, but still."

"She'll probably have someone who is second in command give you the medals, but I doubt you care about who gives you the medals as long as you get them."

"Just be glad that she doesn't know you broke my leg. On my way into the castle this morning, one of the guards told me that Arrow had a different high ranking guard look into it so that the captain doesn't find out. Sure, she wouldn't be able to do anything about it, but I'm pretty sure she would annoy you quite a bit."

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"She'll probably have someone who is second in command give you the medals, but I doubt you care about who gives you the medals as long as you get them."

"Just be glad that she doesn't know you broke my leg. On my way into the castle this morning, one of the guards told me that Arrow had a different high ranking guard look into it so that the captain doesn't find out. Sure, she wouldn't be able to do anything about it, but I'm pretty sure she would annoy you quite a bit."

"True, I don't." Ruby shrugged "But I would be lying if I said I don't want to see her reaction if she was to be forced to do it herself."

"And she wouldn't have any right to complain about your leg until you decide to blame me on it." Ruby pointed "And even in that case I would counter it by telling that you cracked my leg and broke my wing." "Sure my few days of healing is different from your six months, but your slow healing isn't my fault." she still sounded surprisingly polite.

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"True, I don't." Ruby shrugged "But I would be lying if I said I don't want to see her reaction if she was to be forced to do it herself."

"And she wouldn't have any right to complain about your leg until you decide to blame me on it." Ruby pointed "And even in that case I would counter it by telling that you cracked my leg and broke my wing." "Sure my few days of healing is different from your six months, but your slow healing isn't my fault." she still sounded surprisingly polite.

"The good thing is that she doesn't make all the rules. If she did, I'd probably retire."

Somnus saw Rose's view of order to be wrong.

"The good thing is that she doesn't make all the rules. If she did, I'd probably retire."

Somnus saw Rose's view of order to be wrong.

"If she did, I would be somewhere totally different." Ruby replied shrugging "Or I may be dead, since I would probably have tried to steal the treasure at some point." "But I'd still rather be without her in my life in the first place."

14 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"If she did, I would be somewhere totally different." Ruby replied shrugging "Or I may be dead, since I would probably have tried to steal the treasure at some point." "But I'd still rather be without her in my life in the first place."

"I wouldn't blame you. She's a decent pony, but her outlook on life is a bit... too full of expectations."

"Also, even if you did manage to escape with all the treasure, they would send Arrow to retrieve it."

He thought for a moment.

"Or they would send Twilight and her friends to handle the situation."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I wouldn't blame you. She's a decent pony, but her outlook on life is a bit... too full of expectations."

"Also, even if you did manage to escape with all the treasure, they would send Arrow to retrieve it."

He thought for a moment.

"Or they would send Twilight and her friends to handle the situation."

"That's why said I would be dead, not because arrow specifically, but in general." Ruby pointed out "I'm not stupid enough to think that I could haul treasury full of treasure from middle of the castle unnoticed, but I would be stupid enough to try."

20 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That's why said I would be dead, not because arrow specifically, but in general." Ruby pointed out "I'm not stupid enough to think that I could haul treasury full of treasure from middle of the castle unnoticed, but I would be stupid enough to try."

"Not sure why you'd want to. Sure if you were to get away, you'd have the treasure, but if it's stolen you technically don't own the tr-"

Suddenly something was heard on a speaker.

"Hey kids! This is the captain speaking, Santa Hooves is at bow of the ship! Go tell him what you want!"

Somnus' eyes widened in excitement. Was it probably a guy in a costume? Probably, but Somnus didn't know that.

"Let's go! I am gonna ask Santa Hooves for that new NeighStaton 5 game console!"

15 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Not sure why you'd want to. Sure if you were to get away, you'd have the treasure, but if it's stolen you technically don't own the tr-"

Suddenly something was heard on a speaker.

"Hey kids! This is the captain speaking, Santa Hooves is at bow of the ship! Go tell him what you want!"

Somnus' eyes widened in excitement. Was it probably a guy in a costume? Probably, but Somnus didn't know that.

"Let's go! I am gonna ask Santa Hooves for that new NeighStaton 5 game console!"

Ruby would have said that owning is owning no matter how you got that ownership, but because Somnus was interrupted she didn't.

She just looked surprised when Somnus showed so much enthusiasm to something meant for foals, though she didn't even understand why foals enjoyed it so she didn't judge "You do you, I'll stay little further away since I'm not really interested."

26 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby would have said that owning is owning no matter how you got that ownership, but because Somnus was interrupted she didn't.

She just looked surprised when Somnus showed so much enthusiasm to something meant for foals, though she didn't even understand why foals enjoyed it so she didn't judge "You do you, I'll stay little further away since I'm not really interested."

"But don't you want free stuff?"

"Santa Hooves gives ponies free stuff!"

"But don't you want free stuff?"

"Santa Hooves gives ponies free stuff!"

"Not in that way." Ruby simply said "I'm familiar with what he is and I'm not interested in meeting him, I'm sorry." Mostly it was because he couldn't give her anything she really wanted, sure she could always ask treasure, but that was pretty worthless when it became part of someone else's treasury. 

31 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Not in that way." Ruby simply said "I'm familiar with what he is and I'm not interested in meeting him, I'm sorry." Mostly it was because he couldn't give her anything she really wanted, sure she could always ask treasure, but that was pretty worthless when it became part of someone else's treasury. 

"At least come with me though."

He wasn't sure why he wanted her to come with him, he just did.

"At least come with though."

He wasn't sure why he wanted her to come with him, he just did.

"Like I said, I'll be little further away, so in other word, I'll come with you, but I won't come with you to speak with the pony." Ruby explained, she didn't like foals or overly positive ponies, which both were around Santa. 

19 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Like I said, I'll be little further away, so in other word, I'll come with you, but I won't come with you to speak with the pony." Ruby explained, she didn't like foals or overly positive ponies, which both were around Santa. 

Somnus started to head to the bow of the ship. When they got there, not many other ponies have made it yet. There was however, one particular pink pony there. She started to talking to Ruby rather fast.

"Are you here to see Santa Hooves too? I'm gonna ask for more baking ingredients!"

It was Pinkie Pie, and she was bouncing up and down as she was known to do.

15 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus started to head to the bow of the ship. When they got there, not many other ponies have made it yet. There was however, one particular pink pony there. She started to talking to Ruby rather fast.

"Are you here to see Santa Hooves too? I'm gonna ask for more baking ingredients!"

It was Pinkie Pie, and she was bouncing up and down as she was known to do.

"He is." Ruby simply replied pointing at Somnus, this wasn't the first time she met with Pinkie, so the pink pony was fully familiar with her uninterested personality, and Ruby had told her straight up that she doesn't like her, but the pink pony hadn't seemed to care what she thought about her.

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"He is." Ruby simply replied pointing at Somnus, this wasn't the first time she met with Pinkie, so the pink pony was fully familiar with her uninterested personality, and Ruby had told her straight up that she doesn't like her, but the pink pony hadn't seemed to care what she thought about her.

Before Pinkie could say anything, the gate to see Santa Hooves opened and she ran through.

"So, I'm guessing you've met her a few times before?"

Before Pinkie could say anything, the gate to see Santa Hooves opened and she ran through.

"So, I'm guessing you've met her a few times before?"

"Unfortunately yes." Ruby nodded "And like I have said before, I don't understand how some ponies don't find her annoying." "Was really considering changing town when I first met her, but luckily she got more interested in a balloon that floated past us."

12 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Unfortunately yes." Ruby nodded "And like I have said before, I don't understand how some ponies don't find her annoying." "Was really considering changing town when I first met her, but luckily she got more interested in a balloon that floated past us."

"Sounds about right."

"She does throw some pretty crazy parties though. Last time I've been to one of them, I woke in the Crystal Empire on top of a building. That's usually what happens when I have too much to drink. Of course I only drink at some parties, but not holiday parties because I'm too busy eating frosted sugar cookies."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Sounds about right."

"She does throw some pretty crazy parties though. Last time I've been to one of them, I woke in the Crystal Empire on top of a building. That's usually what happens when I have too much to drink. Of course I only drink at some parties, but not holiday parties because I'm too busy eating frosted sugar cookies."

"She tried to throw a party for me too." Ruby explained "But I never showed up so she ended up holding that party for someone else." "She hasn't really bothered me about it since, which is good thing."

6 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"She tried to throw a party for me too." Ruby explained "But I never showed up so she ended up holding that party for someone else." "She hasn't really bothered me about it since, which is good thing."

"She probably isn't finished with you yet. At any moment you could walk into any room and it could end up being a party. Honestly, even the treasury isn't safe."

"Needless to say, it's a fight that you can't win."

13 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"She probably isn't finished with you yet. At any moment you could walk into any room and it could end up being a party. Honestly, even the treasury isn't safe."

"Needless to say, it's a fight that you can't win."

"I can always just leave." Ruby pointed out "And if Celestia let's her to hold a party in the treasury, I refuse to take any responsibility of stolen treasure." she shrugged "That is assuming she could find anyone who would want to celebrate me of course."