Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

19 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Oh hey, you're just in time to see this guy get burned alive."

Somnus threw another punch at the dragon, which still didn't work. In fact, it actually felt like punching a brick wall.

"Hey Ruby, a little help? This dragon is being little rude."

The dragon grabbed ahold of Somnus.

"Does the don't get grabbed rule apply to Equestrian dragons? If so, you might wanna hurry up."

"Why don't you pick on your own size?" Ruby just coldly commented, as she walked closer without really knowing why, why did this situation make her angry? Sure the presence of annoying dragon annoyed her, but anger? "Or at least a pony with a weapon." where was the other guards? there was enemy inside their castle...why does that even bother me in the first place? She then muttered out loud "Though I do want to kill you quite badly for some reason." she wasn't looking at the dragon, even though that was her intention, but instead her attention was towards the claws holding Somnus

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Why don't you pick on your own size?" Ruby just coldly commented, as she walked closer without really knowing why, why did this situation make her angry? Sure the presence of annoying dragon annoyed her, but anger? "Or at least a pony with a weapon." where was the other guards? there was enemy inside their castle...why does that even bother me in the first place? She then muttered out loud "Though I do want to kill you quite badly for some reason." she wasn't looking at the dragon, even though that was her intention, but instead her attention was towards the claws holding Somnus

It wasn't long until smoke started to fill the room. Somnus found it really hard to breathe.

"What's this? You actually care about this pony? That's pretty strange for your kind."

Somnus couldn't even call for help because he was too busy coughing from all the smoke.

"Anyway, are you ready to see your friend burn?"

• Brohoof 1

54 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

It wasn't long until smoke started to fill the room. Somnus found it really hard to breathe.

"What's this? You actually care about this pony? That's pretty strange for your kind."

Somnus couldn't even call for help because he was too busy coughing from all the smoke.

"Anyway, are you ready to see your friend burn?"

"I'm just doing my job." Ruby pointed out "And if we are being truthful, you're in my territory." Though what she said was true, she didn't feel like it was the truth, though she didn't know what was the truth "If you do that, I have permission to kill you without mercy, you sure you want that to happen."......

If the dragon was to try and do that now anyways, Ruby sensed it before any visible signs were apparent, and for reasons she didn't understand even herself, she charged towards Somnus, first in pony form to get past the dragon, then transforming to her real form, getting the batpony away from the dragon and covering him in protecting manner , taking the full blast of the flames with her body. 

This of course didn't even tickle her, her being fully fire proof, and as the smoke faded, the intruding dragon would be faced with a red dragon staring at its eyes with hate burning bright in her eyes. "Tairais ekess loreat, vilklvi" (Time to die, worm). The other dragon most likely wouldn't understand what Ruby said since she was from different land, but the tone made it clear that it was a threat followed by an insult. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I'm just doing my job." Ruby pointed out "And if we are being truthful, you're in my territory." Though what she said was true, she didn't feel like it was the truth, though she didn't know what was the truth "If you do that, I have permission to kill you without mercy, you sure you want that to happen."......

If the dragon was to try and do that now anyways, Ruby sensed it before any visible signs were apparent, and for reasons she didn't understand even herself, she charged towards Somnus, first in pony form to get past the dragon, then transforming to her real form, getting the batpony away from the dragon and covering him in protecting manner , taking the full blast of the flames with her body. 

This of course didn't even tickle her, her being fully fire proof, and as the smoke faded, the intruding dragon would be faced with a red dragon staring at its eyes with hate burning bright in her eyes. "Tairais ekess loreat, vilklvi" (Time to die, worm). The other dragon most likely wouldn't understand what Ruby said since she was from different land, but the tone made it clear that it was a threat followed by an insult. 

The dragon let out a loud roar and swiped a claw at Ruby. Somnus was still recovering from the smoke, so he couldn't really do anything at the moment. Even if he could, he wouldn't stand a chance. This left it all up to Ruby.

"I will kill you both!"

The dragon then let out another roar and lunged at Ruby.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The dragon let out a loud roar and swiped a claw at Ruby. Somnus was still recovering from the smoke, so he couldn't really do anything at the moment. Even if he could, he wouldn't stand a chance. This left it all up to Ruby.

"I will kill you both!"

The dragon then let out another roar and lunged at Ruby.

Ruby simply sunk her claws through the weaker armor of the Equestrian dragon as she stood her ground, their lifestyle was considerably safer due they having a named leader, a dragon lord, so during the thousands of years the two species had existed, Ruby's kind had evolved to be tougher fighters. She didn't even flinch even when the other dragon managed to do damage her, though that was partly because she had gone into full fighting mode.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby simply sunk her claws through the weaker armor of the Equestrian dragon as she stood her ground, their lifestyle was considerably safer due they having a named leader, a dragon lord, so during the thousands of years the two species had existed, Ruby's kind had evolved to be tougher fighters. She didn't even flinch even when the other dragon managed to do damage her, though that was partly because she had gone into full fighting mode.

The dragon got really angry and tried to hold her down in attempt to get a vital hit, but he stood no chance in doing that. The fact was that he was nowhere near as strong as Ruby.

Somnus watched it unfold knowing that Ruby was the only one keeping him from being killed by this green dragon.

• Brohoof 1

Butler Serve searched the canterlot at every street, building and even tight places that he could he search for the pony but he didn't yet give up on a small and easy task that his king that has given to him, the stallion begins to search at the canterlot castle but little did he know that he's gonna face somepony that may stop his tracks

7 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The dragon got really angry and tried to hold her down in attempt to get a vital hit, but he stood no chance in doing that. The fact was that he was nowhere near as strong as Ruby.

Somnus watched it unfold knowing that Ruby was the only one keeping him from being killed by this green dragon.

"I have been fighting dragons bigger than me more times than you have breathed fire, you're just a worm for me." Ruby managed to say, even though it was close that she didn't say it in her native, since her anger made her think less about language, since she was in control of her instincts. She slammed the green dragon against a wall, causing pieces from it and the roof to break off, before repeatedly hitting him with her claws and horns, they were made to penetrate her own kind's stronger than steel scales, so the weaker armor of the Equestrian dragon wasn't a problem.  

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I have been fighting dragons bigger than me more times than you have breathed fire, you're just a worm for me." Ruby managed to say, even though it was close that she didn't say it in her native, since her anger made her think less about language, since she was in control of her instincts. She slammed the green dragon against a wall, causing pieces from it and the roof to break off, before repeatedly hitting him with her claws and horns, they were made to penetrate her own kind's stronger than steel scales, so the weaker armor of the Equestrian dragon wasn't a problem.  

The dragon went down quickly. Somnus grabbed a neaby stick and poked the dragon that didn't move.

"Well, the only thing more dead than this thing is whoever has to clean this up."

He looked up at Ruby and smiled.

"And you tried to say that you didn't care."

9 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The dragon went down quickly. Somnus grabbed a neaby stick and poked the dragon that didn't move.

"Well, the only thing more dead than this thing is whoever has to clean this up."

He looked up at Ruby and smiled.

"And you tried to say that you didn't care."

When Ruby hit the final blow, she looked more disappointed than glad, she lifted the lifeless head looked at it boringly, "What a worthless opponent." she grabbed one of the horns of the dragon and ripped it off, before turning to the Pony form and walking to Somnus, putting the horn on her back. 

"I didn't." Ruby claimed "My instincts just fired up for some reason." 

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

When Ruby hit the final blow, she looked more disappointed than glad, she lifted the lifeless head looked at it boringly, "What a worthless opponent." she grabbed one of the horns of the dragon and ripped it off, before turning to the Pony form and walking to Somnus, putting the horn on her back. 

"I didn't." Ruby claimed "My instincts just fired up for some reason." 

"Instincts? That's funny, because from what I gatherered, protecting others was quote unquote "not in your nature." That was not instinct, or not completely at least."

The fact that Ruby seemed to be protecting Somnus proved his point.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

3 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Instincts? That's funny, because from what I gatherered, protecting others was quote unquote "not in your nature." That was not instinct, or not completely at least."

The fact that Ruby seemed to be protecting Somnus proved his point.

"Well, I did say it was based on what I know." Ruby pointed out "Try to live among my kind for some time and come tell me that it is in our nature." "Besides, I said for some reason, that means I have no idea what happened." she wasn't arguing against Somnus, she just was telling the truth that she didn't understand what happened.

7 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Well, I did say it was based on what I know." Ruby pointed out "Try to live among my kind for some time and come tell me that it is in our nature." "Besides, I said for some reason, that means I have no idea what happened." she wasn't arguing against Somnus, she just was telling the truth that she didn't understand what happened.

"I think I have an idea of what happened. Emotions happened. Either they have been unlocked or they are trying to be unlocked. When strong enough, some emotions can cause you to act out of pure impulse."

He added something else.

"If the exact same thing happened anytime before last night, I wouldn't be alive right now."

39 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I think I have an idea of what happened. Emotions happened. Either they have been unlocked or they are trying to be unlocked. When strong enough, some emotions can cause you to act out of pure impulse."

He added something else.

"If the exact same thing happened anytime before last night, I wouldn't be alive right now."

Ruby looked thoughtful "I guess you could be right..." "...it's not like I can deny it, and since I don't know what feelings are supposed to be like, I can't say they can't be that." "But if it is....what now?"

(edited)
1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby looked thoughtful "I guess you could be right..." "...it's not like I can deny it, and since I don't know what feelings are supposed to be like, I can't say they can't be that." "But if it is....what now?"

"How about a quick test? Look at your cat and tell me what you are thinking."

That's all he could think of at the moment, but maybe it would be helpful.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

27 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"How about a quick test. Look at your cat and tell me what you are thinking."

That's all he could think of at the moment, but maybe it would be helpful.

"I already know there's nothing new on that front." Ruby mentioned "But I don't see what that would tell anyway regarding..." "..it feels so weird to say this out loud..." "...that type of attraction."

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I already know there's nothing new on that front." Ruby mentioned "But I don't see what that would tell anyway regarding..." "..it feels so weird to say this out loud..." "...that type of attraction."

Somnus was a little confused for a second.

"What type of attraction?"

The batpony had no idea what she was trying to say.

38 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus was a little confused for a second.

"What type of attraction?"

The batpony had no idea what she was trying to say.

"Seriously?" Ruby said looking at Somnus "The one you're feeling towards me." she started heading back towards the treasury, she walked slowly so Somnus would realized to follow her if he cared enough "Wasn't that the whole reason why we even started to talk about this?" sure she knew it was called love, but she still believed it was bit too strong word to use at this moment.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Seriously?" Ruby said looking at Somnus "The one you're feeling towards me." she started heading back towards the treasury, she walked slowly so Somnus would realized to follow her if he cared enough "Wasn't that the whole reason why we even started to talk about this?" sure she knew it was called love, but she still believed it was bit too strong word to use at this moment.

Somnus followed Ruby back to the treasury.

"Does this mean..."

While Somnus didn't finish the question, it was pretty clear that he was asking if this meant they were in a relationship.

28 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus followed Ruby back to the treasury.

"Does this mean..."

While Somnus didn't finish the question, it was pretty clear that he was asking if this meant they were in a relationship.

"I don't know." Ruby said as she climbed on the treasure and transformed positioning her broken wing "All I know is what happened there and how I'm unable to get last night out of my head." "That's why I'm asking you"

18 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't know." Ruby said as she climbed on the treasure and transformed positioning her broken wing "All I know is what happened there and how I'm unable to get last night out of my head." "That's why I'm asking you"

"I guess the only way to know if this is a relationship is to know whether or not you want to be in one."

Somnus assumed that this would make this a bit more simple.

"So, how's your wing feeling?"

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I guess the only way to know if this is a relationship is to know whether or not you want to be in one."

Somnus assumed that this would make this a bit more simple.

"So, how's your wing feeling?"

"That's the thing, I don't know what I want." Ruby said as Calti walked lazily from the darkness and started playing with the horn that Ruby had taken from the green dragon and brought with her to the treasury "Oh, and my wing...it's slightly less broken, nothing else I can really say about it." "Should be fine in couple of days assuming I can rest."

9 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That's the thing, I don't know what I want." Ruby said as Calti walked lazily from the darkness and started playing with the horn that Ruby had taken from the green dragon and brought with her to the treasury "Oh, and my wing...it's slightly less broken, nothing else I can really say about it." "Should be fine in couple of days assuming I can rest."

"I guess that makes sense considering that this is totally new for you. I'll help you figure everything out."

"It's good to hear that your wing is getting better."

He glanced at the red dragon for a moment. While others may find her as cold and mean, Somnus saw Ruby differently. He found her to be the best thing to ever happen to him.

27 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I guess that makes sense considering that this is totally new for you. I'll help you figure everything out."

"It's good to hear that your wing is getting better."

He glanced at the red dragon for a moment. While others may find her as cold and mean, Somnus saw Ruby differently. He found her to be the best thing to ever happen to him.

"You probably won't hear this from me often..." Ruby started "...But thank you, for everything that should be thanked about in past and in future." and though her tone didn't necessary give it away, she meant it, she knew herself, and she knew that the moment the treasury doors would open next time, she's back to her usual self, because no matter what she was going through with Somnus, she still despised most of the ponies. "And sorry about the leg."  

4 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You probably won't hear this from me often..." Ruby started "...But thank you, for everything that should be thanked about in past and in future." and though her tone didn't necessary give it away, she meant it, she knew herself, and she knew that the moment the treasury doors would open next time, she's back to her usual self, because no matter what she was going through with Somnus, she still despised most of the ponies. "And sorry about the leg."  

Somnus' reply to this thanks was a friendly hug.

He was fully aware that his work to help her was far from over, but he also knew that it could be done.

As for her apology about his leg.

"Don't worry about it."

He clearly was not mad at all.