Jump to content
Banner by ~ SFyr

If Celestia and Luna are artifical alicorns, then why are they so long-lived


 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Willusion said:

Nowhere in the show itself did it say Celestia and Luna are artificial Alicorns.

Honestly, as long as they're using their power for good, it doesn't really matter how old they get.

To be fair, I'm simply addressing the question to those who believe that Celestia and Luna are artificial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Badges

44 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

To be fair, I'm simply addressing the question to those who believe that Celestia and Luna are artificial.

Right but you're purposefully disregarding information in order to ask a question that doesn't create a "what if" scenario.

It's like asking how would something fall if gravity didn't exist.

If Megan McCarthy hadn't given the statement, then there would be no way of knowing because there'd be a lack of evidence to support either side.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, SharpWit said:

Right but you're purposefully disregarding information in order to ask a question that doesn't create a "what if" scenario.

It's like asking how would something fall if gravity didn't exist.

If Megan McCarthy hadn't given the statement, then there would be no way of knowing because there'd be a lack of evidence to support either side.

Sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Badges

There is no canon answer to that questions thus far, however the most plausible theory is that Celestia and Luna are connected to the Sun and Moon and that as long as both celestial objects exist so too will the sisters.

However people are still divided over whether or not the sisters are born Alicorns. If one was to only use the show as canon, season 6 heavily insinuates that all current Alicorns (except Flurry Heart) earned their ascension, which is why Flurry's birth caused such a commotion.
It was previously established in the Journal of Two Sisters that Celestia and Luna were natural Alicorns, however some don't see this source as canon any longer as season 7 chose to retcon a large section of that book. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


15 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

where does it say that Celestia and Luna are artificial alicorns? Did you just pull this out of nowhere.

Nowhere. It is never explicitly stated that Celestia and Luna are artificial Alicorns.
However S6E1 heavily implies that all Alicorns prior to Flurry Heart had to earn their ascension, which is why her birth caused such a commotion.

The book "Journal of the Two Sisters" had stated that the two were born Alicorns however the canonicity of this book has been put into question since S7E25 changed everything the journal established regarding the Tree of Harmony and Starswirl to some extent.

So essentially the people who believe the Journal is no longer canon believe Celestia and Luna to be artificial while those who believe the Journal to be canon believe that the sisters are natural.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, Tenebrae said:

There is no canon answer to that questions thus far, however the most plausible theory is that Celestia and Luna are connected to the Sun and Moon and that as long as both celestial objects exist so too will the sisters.

However people are still divided over whether or not the sisters are born Alicorns. If one was to only use the show as canon, season 6 heavily insinuates that all current Alicorns (except Flurry Heart) earned their ascension, which is why Flurry's birth caused such a commotion.
It was previously established in the Journal of Two Sisters that Celestia and Luna were natural Alicorns, however some don't see this source as canon any longer as season 7 chose to retcon a large section of that book. 

And yet, Season 8 canonized a part of it in Horse Play, with unicorns sacrificing their magic to raise the sun before Celestia came along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Badges

  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, heavens-champion said:

And yet, Season 8 canonized a part of it in Horse Play, with unicorns sacrificing their magic to raise the sun before Celestia came along.

Only some of it was canonized and even then there are some minor differences. It doesn't change the fact that a large part of it was retconned and as such it is no longer credible source of information.
That said it doesn't mean everything in the Journal is wrong, as Season 8 shows, however it no longer can be considered primary canon due to Season 7.

Season 6 makes it very clear that Alicorns are not meant to be born as they have to earn their ascension which is why everyone was so shocked by Flurry Heart. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...