Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A possible need for a new forum that discusses next gens?

ManaMinori

I wanted to make a topic regarding future MLP generations, but when I had difficulty trying to decide which forum it should be made in, I realized that it didn't quite fall under the description of Show Discussion, which is for discussions about what happens in Friendship is Magic's episodes, and neither did I feel like the topic to be made fell under the description of Sugarcube Corner's description, which is all pony talk that doesn't directly fall under Friendship is Magic, but still centers around weird Friendship magic discussion/ theories/ etc.

Both of these main forums are designed to house either directly or loosely related FiM topics, not necessarily next generation topics- which are admittedly increasing as Friendship is Magic begins to wind down. We already have a Past gens forum, but I think there is a need for a Future MLP gens forum as well.

Once Hasbro announces a new show, then we’ll make a new forum and move any G5 related topics into there. Until then it’s a bit too early. 

For now you can use what the community has been using for G5 threads.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

Once Hasbro announces a new show, then we’ll make a new forum and move any G5 related topics into there. Until then it’s a bit too early. 

For now you can use what the community has been using for G5 threads.

Does that mean we'll eventually be abandoning ship?

Just now, SharpWit said:

Why would we abandon ship? Just because a show ends doesn't mean its community has to.

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

Pretty sure Jeric meant a new section, not a whole new forum. :D 

There won't be abandoning ship, but the other way around - they will enlarge it. ;) Everyone still will be able to discuss the current generation, just like you can discuss the previous ones now. ;) 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

No. I mean when we have an official new show to talk about I’ll make an area to talk about that separately from the other gens. 

2 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

I wasn't here when the movie was announced, but I guess any new Gen might be the same case?

At first yes. Eventually it may require restructuring the pony section, but it’s way too early to decide on hierarchy now. When they do announce a new show, it will get its own forum in FiM to start, like Prior Gens. We’ll go from there depending on popularity and activity. It’s important that we remain flexible and dynamic.