Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you need to finish the gen 4 series to watch the new gen 5 movie?

Rifflechipz

I recently got my partner into MLP and they're not finished with it yet I really want to watch the new movie but not without them. Can we watch it together when they're not finished with gen 4 yet? are there any spoilers or anything? They're towards the end of season 6 :)

There are no spoilers to what happened in generation 4 (as long as you're past the end of Season 3) within the generation 5 movie. It should be safe to watch together now

Just literally in the opening scene of Gen 5 movie is just a little call back to generation 4 in a humorous way.

• Brohoof 1

If you're curious to know what happened in G4 in order to get into G5, then I say go for it. However, since G5 doesn't really affect G4's storyline since it take place in a completely different world with new characters and has a new storyline, you don't have to worry about getting spoiled.

Nope. You’re good. All it does is briefly mention the mane 6 are legends but basically anyone can get is they’re referring to how they’ve saved equestria multiple times. Other than that it’s a whole new cast so no g4 spoilers to be found. 

On 2021-10-07 at 7:25 PM, Rifflechipz said:

I recently got my partner into MLP and they're not finished with it yet I really want to watch the new movie but not without them. Can we watch it together when they're not finished with gen 4 yet? are there any spoilers or anything? They're towards the end of season 6 :)

Most spoiler you’ll get is alicorn Twilight, which is pretty much adopted as her STANDARD form since then. Another POSSIBLE spoiler may lie in the background, but that’s it. Anything from G4 is barely mentioned 

You don't need to watch the G4 series for the movie.

Is the only spoiler which I know of is that Twilight becomes an Alicorn, but when you are at season six of G4 you already know that too

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-10-07 at 4:25 PM, Rifflechipz said:

Of course! That way you can see how contradictory it is! Of course I have been making threads questioning this but if you really want to understand it, it’s better to watch it so you to with your friends can grow and learn how amazing G4 is but again that’s just my opinion, you can take or leave it

• The topic was pinned

There's a callback to G4 but you don't need to watch all of G4 to understand G5. If you don't want Twilight spoilers though, then I recommend watching seasons 1-3, or at the very least, the last episode of season 3.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2022-09-24 at 4:03 PM, Orchid_Fiore said:

Not exactly to finish the entire show, but maybe you need to watch until the season 3,

Hide contents

because of the Twilight's alicorn transformation.

Hardly, some people don’t even know nerd poneh was an unicorn these days :D