Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Name your favorite pony movie/series/specials challenge

Reiki Knight 13

Name your  top 10 favorite unicorn, pegasi, or even just general pony movies series or specials.

The challenge is you are absolutely forbidden from mentioning any  and all my little pony related media for your list.

Yep you have to make your list WITHOUT MLP on it. 

Can you do it?

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

What are some others? I can think of some movies with equines but no others that feature them.

It's hard to find ones that are not childish.

I mean there are tons of shows and movies that feature them but usually it's something meant for 3-4 year olds and hardly effort put into general quality.

They want to keep it cheesy, goofy etc usually is what I mean.

Probably would have to look for independent movies or series for more results I'm sure.

Moments ago, Earth Prince StarHeart said:

It's hard to find ones that are not childish.

I mean there are tons of shows and movies that feature them but usually it's something meant for 3-4 year olds and hardly effort put into general quality.

They want to keep it cheesy, goofy etc usually is what I mean.

Probably would have to look for independent movies or series for more results I'm sure.

Oh yeah forgot to add one movie that was a cool story was Nicco the unicorn.a live action one of a boy who ends up getting a unicorn foal... 

One of those feel good movies...

The Princess Stallion (1997) Nice movie that takes place in Scotland and starts Ariana Richards from Jursassic Park. Sometimes dramatic, sometimes silly, but overall quite good.

Wish Upon a Unicorn (2020) A great movie for little girls (and adults) who love a nice innocent movie with a magical touch.

Barbie and Her Sisters in A Pony Tale (2013) One of my favorite Barbie movies (not to be confused with the live action garbage that came out this summer). Funny, sometimes intense, and beautifully moving.

The Horse Whisperer (1998) This can be hard to watch in places because some of the scenes can be brutal, but as I recall, it was a decent movie with a positive vibe (ultimately).

A Champion Heart (2018) This was on my ‘recommended’ list on Netflix and I was surprised how good it was. A troubled girl has to help out at horse ranch and good things happen.

Seabiscuit (2003) Another one with some hard to watch scenes. But once it gets rolling it’s very good and even riveting.

Riding Faith (2020) A bon bon of a movie that had me yelling at the screen quite a lot but that’s not unusual. A decent, solid movie but sometimes sad and frustrating. Worth it in the end though.

Dreamer (2005) Featuring one of my favorite actresses, Dakota Fanning. It's based on a true story of a family who takes an injured horse, bring it back to health and take it to great heights. 

• Hugs 1

5 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

The Princess Stallion (1997) Nice movie that takes place in Scotland and starts Ariana Richards from Jursassic Park. Sometimes dramatic, sometimes silly, but overall quite good.

Wish Upon a Unicorn (2020) A great movie for little girls (and adults) who love a nice innocent movie with a magical touch.

Barbie and Her Sisters in A Pony Tale (2013) One of my favorite Barbie movies (not to be confused with the live action garbage that came out this summer). Funny, sometimes intense, and beautifully moving.

The Horse Whisperer (1998) This can be hard to watch in places because some of the scenes can be brutal, but as I recall, it was a decent movie with a positive vibe (ultimately).

A Champion Heart (2018) This was on my ‘recommended’ list on Netflix and I was surprised how good it was. A troubled girl has to help out at horse ranch and good things happen.

Seabiscuit (2003) Another one with some hard to watch scenes. But once it gets rolling it’s very good and even riveting.

Riding Faith (2020) A bon bon of a movie that had me yelling at the screen quite a lot but that’s not unusual. A decent, solid movie but sometimes sad and frustrating. Worth it in the end though.

Dreamer (2005) Featuring one of my favorite actresses, Dakota Fanning. It's based on a true story of a family who takes an injured horse, bring it back to health and take it to great heights. 

I may check those out over the weekend well maybe not the Barbie one but the others sound intriguing enough to look into.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I wanted to add one more to the list: The Electric Horseman (1979). This is a really good movie starring Robert Redford, about a celebrity cowboy who wants to free a celebrity thoroughbred despite the opposition of its corporate owners and sponsors. Lots of beautiful western scenery and a few surprises.  

• Hugs 1