Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What's your favorite movie? How about least favorite?

Hollow Wind

My favorite movie is Zootopia for lots of convoluted reasons.

My least favorite movie is The Order of the Phoenix. It was such a huge let down after the book and the only way I could follow what was happening was because I've read the book nine times. I thought Goblet of Fire was bad, then I watched this movie. The one thing they got right was Umbridge. She was a nightmare in both movie and book.

I really liked the 2012(?) Les Miserables film, but that's in great part because I loved the musical for many years before. I haven't seen many movies in recent years.

The worst movies I've seen? My parents rented this movie called "The Dogfather" because it has a bulldog in it. The dog is cute, but that movie was bad. I know, it's a children's movie... However, usually I enjoy children's media more than anything else. This one was so absurd, even I couldn't enjoy it.

• 5 years later...

My favorite movie, outside of MLP-related movies, is probably The Lord of The Rings. It's awesome! I don't really have a least favorite movie at the moment, I tend to focus more on the movies I like than the movies I dislike.

• 1 year later...

Favorite movie: Soul of course! This movie still hits me like no others can, with an important message, fascinating story, gorgeous animation, writing sharper than a 10000-degree knife...AND THE MUSIC IS BY NINE INCH NAILS!!!

Least favorite: Homeward Bound 1&2 :unamused: If you thought The Lion King 2019 was a bad remake then WHOO BOY. These remade an already-live-action movie from 1963 which is honestly one of the most underrated things Disney has ever done, and COMPLETELY SCREWED IT UP. The animals didn't talk in the original, but now they're just completely nasty, stereotypical and cold to each other half the damn time and we're meant to root for these animals apparently! Like imagine the Lion King remake but if everyone was just nasty and unlikable. That's Homeward Bound. :angry:

On 2021-10-10 at 1:53 AM, EpicEnergy said:

My favorite movie, outside of MLP-related movies, is probably The Lord of The Rings. It's awesome! I don't really have a least favorite movie at the moment, I tend to focus more on the movies I like than the movies I dislike.

Oh my, I may be a big Star Wars fanboy, but I actually do consider LOTR my favourite trilogy too! 

Especially Fellowship of The Ring always gets me. The way Middle Earth is being show in its grand vastness. It's amazing how this world's sheer size was shown in a single movie. Peaceful lands of The Shire, wilderness that stood between it and Rivendell, the depths of Moria... and it just goes on.

And of course there's our dear Sam. Every good person in the world deserves a friend like him. How he never gave up on Frodo even when Frodo was corrupted by The Ring and became a... difficult companion to Sam...

LOTR will always be dear in my heart...

I am also not good at giving my least favourite one, but I guess I can give one that disappointed me. Mind You all it doesn't mean I dislike it (or it does? That I leave for You all to decide ;) )

Star Wars: The Last Jedi. 

Like I said - I am not going to venture into if I like or dislike it, but the movie suffered from plenty bad decisions that have proven to be detrimental to its quality, plot and overall atmosphere. It was... revolutionary for Star Wars, unfortunately not in a good way. Force power introduced there felt like a plot convinience and I wish it was scrapped. One big story arc was meaningless to the movie and shouldn't have existed. It didn't take much to make it mean something so I don't understand why such actions were not taken. Villains were terribly incompetent except of the one that dies almost at the beginning, because somehow his superior is petty idiot. 

There are things I liked about the movie too though, I just wanted to list why it disappointed me. 

Favorite movies - Sound of Music is really special! I love the music and the bittersweet ending. Also, I can't forget my favorite anime movie Your Name, I know its got some issues but I don't have any issues with rewatching it many more times.

Least favorites - I watched the old DUNE from the 80s and it was terrible. For many years I've also been avoiding the live action Grinch people really like to play during the holidays.

• 1 month later...

Favorite is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, fun and stacked cast, great story, lots of memorable moments that have stuck with me like the trials and the Grail scene, the "let it go" scene

Least favorite is the Tim Burton Planet of the Apes remake, I watched it as a kid and was such a miserable experience, if I was an adult watching it I definitely would have walked out. Also the thing went on for waaaay too long and just wouldn't stop. And don't even get me started on the Ape-ified Lincoln memorial at the end

• 1 month later...

Favorites: Harry Potter, The Batman 2022 and the Joker. So far these three are on my top and it might take some time or longer till I find a replacement. I’m a pretty picky according to my personal taste.

Least favorites: too many to list-hardly seen any good ones lately.. but I would say Dune. Since it has the lowest rate in my book.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Favorite: Way too many to count! I can't really pick a specific favorite, but I mainly love animated stuff, especially if the main characters are animals, so I honestly just enjoy anything I can get my hands on :ButtercupLaugh:

Least favorite: I usually don't find animated movies boring (to be honest, I don't even not like this movie, I just thoughy it was really boring), especially if it's about animals, but I watched one movie about a cat leaving their house to go to this land or something and met a bunch of animals on their journey. I watched a few months ago and was impatiently waiting for it to end and I was like, "Can this just end already so I can go to sleep and think about Player?" Also, I remember that the movie was originally in a different language as what the characters were saying kinda didn't match their mouths, and yeah, it wasn't very interesting and I thought it could be written with more effort

Edited by Mistacheaze

My favorite movie is the Anime film: "Evangelion: Thrice Upon A Time" 

It managed to everything I wanted it to do as a fan of the franchise, while surprising me at the same time. In the like, ten years since since the previous film? I was always wondering how they would follow that up, because all the main characters were basically at their lowest moment by the end of it. And what does this post apocalyptic sci fi film do? It puts them in calm, rural village for the entire 1st act. Instead of a film long crescendo you might expect from the end of a franchise, it begins with as low stakes as there could be. But it works so well because until that point, the characters never really had the chance to slow down and rest; it lets them develop, reflect, thrive in a way the nonstop action of previous films didn't allow.

And when things do start ramping up again for the climax, it doesn't just feel like the end, it feels like the culmination of everything that came before it. Scenes from previous entries in the franchise play out again but subverted, iconic shots are replicated but reframed. All with the incredible direction and cinematography I love from this series at full force. Part of what makes it so impressive to me is how much of the previous films were banking on payoff that would come later, and right here at the end, they stuck the landing with style. Shinji, Rei, Asuka, Misato, Kaoru. I couldn't ask for a better send off for these wonderful characters.

• Excited 1