Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What was your favorite/least favorite movie-going experience?

TheAnimationFanatic

Best: Infinity War, Endgame or Spiderman No Way Home. Crowds were wild and really made those movies feel like an event. These kinds of experiences helped elevate DBS: Broly and Sonic 2 too

Worst: Saw Tim Burton’s Planet of the Apes as a six year old. Wondered off and fell asleep multiple times, when I came to, movie was still had a ways to go. Absolutely dreadful 

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 3

My favorite by far was seeing Return of the Jedi for the first time. I was so happy a started crying (and the movie hadn’t even started yet!) I never experienced (until that time) such an intense feeling of joy. It was amazing.

My least favorite is harder to pin down. I’ve walked out of a couple movies because they were lousy, but maybe the overall worst was The Force Awakens because of the lasting feeling of misery it created. I was so looking forward to seeing Luke, Han and Leia finally reunited after 32 years and what I got felt like a kick in the gut. My favorite movie franchise and the characters I consider my family were destroyed by some self-proclaimed fanboy who just latched onto someone else’s great work, destroyed it, and took credit for the huge box office generated by fans desperate enough to accept ANYTHING. Instead of crying from joy, I cried in the car on the way home from a horrible sense of loss.

12 hours ago, Megas said:

Best: Infinity War, Endgame or Spiderman No Way Home. Crowds were wild and really made those movies feel like an event. These kinds of experiences helped elevate DBS: Broly and Sonic 2 too

Worst: Saw Tim Burton’s Planet of the Apes as a six year old. Wondered off and fell asleep multiple times, when I came to, movie was still had a ways to go. Absolutely dreadful 

Oof. The Burton film was horrendous. 

• Brohoof 1

I have several favorite experiences but here are a few of the top ones...

• Final Harry Potter movie, opening night, midnight showing. My sisters, mom and dad all dressed up. One of my sisters had this amazing Trelawny costume, and my dad looked hilarious as Dumbledore.
  • Return of the King (opening weekend). Mostly because it was such an amazing movie. The entire theater gave it a standing ovation lol
  • Back to the Future (drive in, last summer). Such a nice summer night, sitting outside with my sisters and their boyfriends, watching one of my favorite movies of all time. The showing was free so we ate overpriced drive-in food. It was perfect. :)

As for least favorite, I'll throw out two as well!

• The Black Phone (fairly recently). Good movie but someone brought like 6 kids to the R rated horror movie and the entire time they literally ran around the theater and yelled. Yes, even in front of the screen. I couldn't believe it.
  • A drive-in showing of Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron & Windtalkers. I was like 6 years old and was with my cousins for a week in the summer. Our aunt and uncle took us to this showing. I liked the animated movie of course, but then Windtalkers came on. I was traumatized because I had never seen anything violent like that. I hid in the car after a while.

I haven't been to a movie theater in maybe a couple of years short of a decade. I remember always having trouble with having to use the restroom halfway through and either having to suffer or miss part of the movie. Just a normal problem for me, so seeing movies in the theater just isn't the best experience for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Best was Revenge of the Sith at a midnight showing. Great crowd with lightsabers and costumes. A guy in a starfleet uniform was heckling the line. :ButtercupLaugh:

Worst...I don't know. Once when I was a little kid I don't remember the movie but I remember the air conditioning was freezing in the theather.

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-03-14 at 5:02 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

My favorite by far was seeing Return of the Jedi for the first time. I was so happy a started crying (and the movie hadn’t even started yet!) I never experienced (until that time) such an intense feeling of joy. It was amazing.

Did you first see it in the rerelease? Or do you mean seeing it at home?

On 2023-03-14 at 5:02 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

My least favorite is harder to pin down. I’ve walked out of a couple movies because they were lousy, but maybe the overall worst was The Force Awakens because of the lasting feeling of misery it created. I was so looking forward to seeing Luke, Han and Leia finally reunited after 32 years and what I got felt like a kick in the gut. My favorite movie franchise and the characters I consider my family were destroyed by some self-proclaimed fanboy who just latched onto someone else’s great work, destroyed it, and took credit for the huge box office generated by fans desperate enough to accept ANYTHING. Instead of crying from joy, I cried in the car on the way home from a horrible sense of loss.

Yeah of course. I knew it would be garbage from the beginning and only watched it for free on the internet to complain about it properly. :angry:

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Did you first see it in the rerelease? Or do you mean seeing it at home?

Yeah of course. I knew it would be garbage from the beginning and only watched it for free on the internet to complain about it properly. :angry:

I saw ROTJ at a special charity screening I think. I never saw any of the Star Wars movies at home before seeing them in the theater. Somehow managed that. 

I'm glad you didn't have to pay admission to watch that TFA piece of sh*t. 

• Brohoof 1