DANUTERCISD

Ships I don't touch with a 50 yard pole even on the nets:

Sunbutt/Sparkle Butt

Rainbow hair/Shy One

Cake eater/Apple bucker

Clothing Maker/Sparkle Butt

Chaos Kisser/Full Mooner

Stockholm-damaged-bow-arr-NYC.jpg

This ship collided with the Andrea Doria. Such a bad ship. 

01_tp_tromsoe_then_now.jpg

This ship didn't do anything during a war for which it was expressly built. Lazy.

Hindenburg-disaster.jpg

This ship tried to make ships not ship, then it got shipped over to America....and the shipping ship blew that ship up.

860.jpg

Worst...named...ship....ever. Disgraceful. 

• Brohoof 5

FlutterDash

TwiDash

PinkieDash

RariDash

(because appledash is life)

Applejack x Caramel. They spoke to each other, like once! How does that make it a legit ship?! He's already got a girlfriend and they might be relatives!

SoarinDash. Jesus there are so many other ponies to ship her with but of course the ever surprising Dash fans went with the randoms stranger who's probably in a relationship with, i dunno, one of the other dozen mares he trains and spends his life with in the wonderbolts.

Pinkie x Pokey. Where did this ship come from?! What's wrong with Cheesepie?

Twilight x Comet Tail/ Sunset Shimmer. Just stop. Just.... stop.

Raripants. Isn't Fancypants taken by Fluer? Wake up fandom!

Fluttermac. Stahp. Marblemac is canon confirmed you can't change that

Cherrimac. Again, Marblemac is canon.

Rainbowmac. Again, Marblemac is canon.

I've also seen some super dumbass ships out there,

Lunadash, Appleluna, and Vinyldash. Crazy shippers need to wake up.

Also, i fully support ZephyrDash. It's the closest we've had to a legit MLP RD ship. Why so much hate? I know he's a jerk, but he's adorkable. Also, it's probably just because you all see him as a rival to Soarin'. :I

• Brohoof 1

Applejack and Rainbow Dash, most overrated ship because they only got it because of their VA and they don't have much in common and hasn't been relevant since 2011.

Fluttermac, don't even know how this became a thing, and even Cheerimac existed, fans still ship those two.

I suppose my top three in this category, which oddly enough seem to chain together.  Are as follows:

Flutterdash:  Because RD is far too competitive & pushy for a quiet, panicky mare like Fluttershy. I don't see her being willing to slow down constantly for her and Dragonshy sort of was the nail in the coffin for me there.

She was pretty gentle and understanding in "Hurricane Fluttershy," though!

Also, i fully support ZephyrDash. It's the closest we've had to a legit MLP RD ship. Why so much hate? I know he's a jerk, but he's adorkable. Also, it's probably just because you all see him as a rival to Soarin'. :I

Rainbow Dash is clearly not interested in Zephyr, his advances are creepy and condescending, and I see him as a rival not to Soarin, but to Applejack. AppleDash 4lyfe.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash, most overrated ship because they only got it because of their VA and they don't have much in common and hasn't been relevant since 2011.

I ship them because I have fun reading sexual tension into the episodes they spend together and because they have clearer common interests than pretty much any other mane six pairing. Dunno where you get that they don't have much in common, and I certainly don't understand why so many people seem to consider "relevance" important to shipping. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Cheval,    Heavens, that was beautifully said. If I could  ask you to autograph my forehead, I would.

@@AlexanderThrond,

Well, okay, granted. I will say that they make quite the odd couple as friends go & RD has undoubtedly learned a bit over the years about how to deal with/manage FS. But... that was a city-wide volunteer project & it was crunch-time when RD needed every helping feather she could get. In my book, takes more then one good episode to counter a bad episode. Good friends, but an uphill battle to be anything more. Like AppleDash. (Or as I call it, rain-BowJack!)

What was that during? Fall-weather Friends? That autumnal race episode where they got all combative about it? I cannot deny that there was some sparks flying between them there! I can certainly see AJ & RD dating ...having their moments, maybe even having a loving relationship... but I don't see them having a healthy relationship! Heck, do think I've seen some YouTube videos made about how BowJack is possibly the most hole-ridden sinking ship in the fandom!    That, would be a relationship built on competitiveness  & stubbornness.

Do have to agree with her spiky personality RD is quite hard to ship. I'm tempted to say Rainity (Rarity+Dash, they worked quite well together when RD got herself basically blamed for kid-friendly murder.) but that's kind of a stretch. I'd say our best bet is Rain-yr, think Zephyr's bluster matches her pretty hoof-to-hoof! How better to keep a loudmouth in line, than with another loudmouth?

(Or as I call it, rain-BowJack!)

BowJack Horse-ship

What was that during? Fall-weather Friends? That autumnal race episode where they got all combative about it? I cannot deny that there was some sparks flying between them there! I can certainly see AJ & RD dating ...having their moments, maybe even having a loving relationship... but I don't see them having a healthy relationship! Heck, do think I've seen some YouTube videos made about how BowJack is possibly the most hole-ridden sinking ship in the fandom!    That, would be a relationship built on competitiveness  & stubbornness.

That was an early episode and I feel like their relationship has mellowed out since then; can't recall any episodes they've shared since where their banter has been less than friendly, and that level of mutual appreciation is the main thing I look for in a ship. 

Do have to agree with her spiky personality RD is quite hard to ship. I'm tempted to say Rainity (Rarity+Dash, they worked quite well together when RD got herself basically blamed for kid-friendly murder.) but that's kind of a stretch.

I think Rainbow Dash and Rarity would have the second most obvious thing to bond over (after Rainbow Dash and Applejack of course) given that they have loftier dreams than the rest of the mane six. Plus, the episode you point out starts with Rainbow and Rarity very excited about going to dinner together, and that's before Rainbow is accused of a crime she didn't commit! 

I'd say our best bet is Rain-yr, think Zephyr's bluster matches her pretty hoof-to-hoof! How better to keep a loudmouth in line, than with another loudmouth?

I don't think Rainbow necessarily needs to be "kept in line," and she pretty clearly seemed to dislike Zephyr's advances - understandably so, might I add. That is a relationship which I really don't see working. 

can't recall any episodes they've shared since where their banter has been less than friendly

...They've covered themselves in bees in an effort to outdo each other. Maybe I'm exaggerating that on account of my being fatally allergic to the lil' buggers, but that ain't a healthy relationship even if they have "mellowed out." Hah, they're mere steps away from playing Russian Roulette in a bid to prove their superiority over each other! To me anyway, a relationship has to start out mellow, something as reserved as just simply sitting down to dinner together or perhaps a date at the spa, a sort of time to get to know each other. (Hmm, maybe that's why I find it so easy to ship Rarity, so always has such genuine interest in her friends... even if they may come across as uncouth & crass to her sometimes) But you can't really do that with Dashie. Her interests are in proving herself. You either need somepony who'll listen, but disregard all the self-promoting chaff and give her genuine attention, (like Rarity) rather than being a fanatic that plays into her ego or a stallion that's just as ego-driven, but with less to back it up to serve as a grounding for the both of them whenever their bloated expectations of themselves fall through so that the other can continue to be a positive influence.

Rainbow Dash is clearly not interested in Zephyr, his advances are creepy and condescending, and I see him as a rival not to Soarin, but to Applejack. AppleDash 4lyfe.

Weeell... to be honest, that's likely how I see most of RD's flirting attempts to go. So put the creeps together, eh? I can see RD's attempts to just turn right back around to how much of a catch she is. Think that's what I found so funny about that scene, like You're any better, eh Dashie? Know what else they have in common? Framed Headshots of themselves!   That's maybe one way I think of it, with their clashing pride it would somewhat force the other to be a bit humble. Both strike me as libel to openly & harshly critique the other's efforts and only drive each other to higher heights!

That's what I mean by sort of putting the reigns on her. That she needs to be with somepony who can show her that she doesn't always have to fight to get attention. That sometimes its okay to let somepony else take the lead & lean on them from time to time. Heh, have this mental image now of Zephyr & Dash's life together and them attending each other's events, be it hairdressing or wonderboltin', the other sitting in the stand going "Heh, that's my Boo up there! Taught 'em everything I know!"

(though ta be honest with ya, its mostly because of the rom-com awkward hi-jinks that could ensue!)

In my opinion, Rainbow is likely the straightest arrow of the bunch. That was totally a straight-up date she went on with Quibble (Mr. Pants, hee hee!) and that only happened once he succinctly ended their argument with a "Well, we can agree that we're both right & wrong about this. And I respect your stance."  A point that RD, in her combativeness, would likely not play into too often.        

To harken back to the original topic, I'm rather against any same-sex relationships with RD. It works fine with any other combo (TwiShy forever! Whooo!)

and... maybe Rarity but, ehh...   I just get the feeling like if you met Rainbow Dash in real life & insinuated that she might be gay she'd likely respond by knocking a few of your teeth out.  

-Mane 6/Non Mane 6.

-Big Mac/Cherilee

-Big Mac/Braeburn

-Shining Armor/Cadence

-Luna/Sombra 

-Any straight ship

I dislike straight shipping for MLP in general. There's not really a single straight ship I like for this show.

Can't really explain why. I just don't care for them.

...They've covered themselves in bees in an effort to outdo each other. Maybe I'm exaggerating that on account of my being fatally allergic to the lil' buggers, but that ain't a healthy relationship even if they have "mellowed out." Hah, they're mere steps away from playing Russian Roulette in a bid to prove their superiority over each other! 

Bees scare me as well, but that never seemed especially serious - more the two of them having fun than anything. It's something Rainbow in particular would possibly have done anyway, and that episode is a good example of them being very friendly with each other. Plus, while neither is the brightest of the mane six, I think they both know the limit between "friendly challenge with proper safety precautions" and "potentially deadly bout if irresponsibility." 

Weeell... to be honest, that's likely how I see most of RD's flirting attempts to go. So put the creeps together, eh? I can see RD's attempts to just turn right back around to how much of a catch she is. Think that's what I found so funny about that scene, like You're any better, eh Dashie? Know what else they have in common? Framed Headshots of themselves!   That's maybe one way I think of it, with their clashing pride it would somewhat force the other to be a bit humble. Both strike me as libel to openly & harshly critique the other's efforts and only drive each other to higher heights!  

I don't really see it that way, though of course I have no idea what Rainbow Dash flirting would look like. She certainly doesn't seem the type to dismiss someone else's dreams as being made up to impress her. I find it fun to imagine that she'd be a lot more smooth, but that's just me. In any case, it's pretty clearly not gonna happen, because Rainbow seemed repulsed by his advances. I can concede your points, but what I just can't get past is that Rainbow clearly showed little interest and found those advances kinda gross. 

That was totally a straight-up date she went on with Quibble (Mr. Pants, hee hee!) 

This is a good ship. 

but, ehh...   I just get the feeling like if you met Rainbow Dash in real life & insinuated that she might be gay she'd likely respond by knocking a few of your teeth out.  

I like to think she'd be less likely to take it as an insult, and just confusedly correct you. She's grown less defensive of her image over time, and I just can't see her being offended by someone getting her sexuality wrong. Unless you implied there was something wrong with that, or something. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond

Cross-species ships. I'm all for interracial pairings between unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies. That's one thing, but putting ponies with dragons or fucking draconequus? That's disgusting. I don't care if they're all sentient. That's like shipping people with animals.

Any incest or pedo ships

Anything with Sombra and Chrissy

I dont care for any luna ones

Or Celestia ones (Besides her and Discord I love that one.)

Gonna throw my hat in for Rarijack because holy shit that pair is whored out like no tomorrow despite the pair and almost every episode featuring them(Sisterhooves being the lone exception) being dreadfully boring

• Brohoof 1

Flashimmer is the worst one! -.-

Others I do not like are:

• FlashLight
  • ButtonBelle
  • Sparity
  • SoarinDash
  • StarBurst
  • TenderJack
  • ZephyrDash 
  • FlutterCord (but I can see where that one is coming from)
  • Anyone of the CMC x Pipsqueak or Snips or Snails
  • Sunata
Edited by Fluidty

i am a firm SoarDash shipper and theres nothing you can do to stop it *growls* 

so i cant stand SoarBurn shipping or Dash with Quibble and Zephyr (i really hate Quibble). 

I also really dont like the incest ships -_- theres a lot of Twi with her parents.... just why ugh. Also why must Fluttershy be shipped with everyone? shes too shy for anyone really. The most believable ship for her ive ever seen is the Dash Academy one with the colt named Brolly, who is a suitable character match for her, we have yet to see canon character like that.